Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?

Go down 
+24
Spiegel
Oviraptor
Dilophosaurus
lblanc
TyrannosaurTJ
1morey
Mr. Robustus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Six-Foot Turkey
Bbrink1996
BarrytheOnyx
BoulderFaceplant
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Spinosaur4.4
Rhedosaurus
Deinonychus
#TRexSpinorematch
Megatron
Frills n Thrills
Tyrant Lizard
Troyal1
Physalisfresser
TheDreamMaster
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

What characters from TLW or JP3 could make sense returning?

I’m pretty sure you don’t want the Kirby family right?

Exactly. This franchise has made it very clear from film to film that most of these characters would rather not get involved with Ingen and this whole thing again. I'm all for old characters from other films returning, but only if it makes sense, and I really can't think of a scenario in which a character from TLW or JP3 would get involved again. And personally, I'd rather JW:FK not have some sort of jarring Vince Vaughn cameo appearance myself Laughing

At the end of the day, I'm just glad we're getting another kickass looking Jurassic Park film. Really having a hard time understanding why that isn't enough for some people. Entitlement I guess. Makes me wonder where this attitude came from though. Maybe some people feel as though they're owed exactly the film they want for staying aboard the fandom during the dead period *shrugs*
I'm with you all the way dude. A casual moviegoer has just as much right to enjoy a Jurassic Park movie as the oldest fan does. It's not all about us. Bayona and co are trying to make a movie that both parties can enjoy and I think they did a really phenomenal job. I certainly wouldn't want the job of having to direct the next sequel. Whatever the professionals do will be a thousand times better than anything I could think of.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2018 7:17 pm

Whats with the entitlement talk? Dont you think as paying patrons of some aspects of this franchise you do deserve to have a movie that fits into the JP Universe a little better? Is it so much to ask for just a little more dialogue and character development to give your hardcore fans a little something?

What if Tj thought the movie wasnt good, despite the fact that we now know the Pedia was used for information during the viral marketing campaign? I mean the guy devotes so much time to the project that the viral marketing campaign fact checks themselves on his encyclopedia to help fill plot holes. Basically he contributed to the movie in a sense. Would he be considered "overly entitled" to complain about the film? (I'm using Tj and Pedia because of their relevance to this film after the nod from the marketing campaign in this forum.)

Its not that it was a bad movie, its good in a lot of ways but it could have just been slightly better by filling some gaps in its genetic code.

There is also the other side of this, are people that see absolutely no problem at all, what so ever, with this film just overly zealous fan boys? People that are perhaps more in love with the idea of the franchise and logo than they are with the actual content?

Lets say Trevvorrow gets on this forum and is reading what we're saying. Perhaps he sees everyone saying this is the perfect JP masterpiece and takes that and runs with it, thus ignoring the portion of the population that isnt content with it (50% from certain ratings). So instead of saying "Ya know, some people just wanted a little more fleshed out characters or dialogue so I'll be sure to write that into JW3's script," he doesnt. Thus instead of getting even more people on board for the final film, he pushes them away from a franchise. Unless of course thats what people want, to push others away so they can be entitled the franchise.

I guess my point is, let people have their opinions without labeling those that disagree with you as entitled or blinded by nostalgia googles.

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:46 am

Spiegel wrote:

Lets say Trevvorrow gets on this forum and is reading what we're saying. Perhaps he sees everyone saying this is the perfect JP masterpiece and takes that and runs with it, thus ignoring the portion of the population that isnt content with it (50% from certain ratings). So instead of saying "Ya know, some people just wanted a little more fleshed out characters or dialogue so I'll be sure to write that into JW3's script," he doesnt. Thus instead of getting even more people on board for the final film, he pushes them away from a franchise. Unless of course thats what people want, to push others away so they can be entitled the franchise.

But what if I liked the movie as it is? And not because I'm more in love with the logo or the franchise itself and not with the content that FK has (which is, to me, GREAT content).

Anyway, as I said before, I think this film has its flaws of course (like every movie?), and I pointed them out. Colin, if you're reading, be careful with the pacing, and don't be afraid of putting a few more lines (without them feeling forced though) to make some fans happy as far as the first trilogy sequels are concerned. And then... then, nothing else? I loved the movie! I loved the concept you're bringing on the table! Can't wait for JW3!

This was me being sincere in what I would tell to Colin.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:51 am

Holy post bump, Batman!

But yeah, feel and say what you want. If someone feels you're an overzealous fanboy, so be it. If someone thinks you're entitled, who cares?

At the end of the day, your own opinion is the only one that matters,

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2021 11:00 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
If you honestly think movie studios arent making movies for the casual audience, you havent been paying attention to how any of this works. Hardcore fanbases are and always will be the vocal minority.

This narrative that the Jurassic hadcore fanbase is some tiny vocal minority online has got to stop because it is simply not true.

Jurassic is a top 10 movie franchise in history in terms of size. So while it is true that it is not as big as Star Wars or Marvel it is still a top 10 fanbase in film history in terms of size. That is no "vocal minority" or small. That is huge.

One can not name film fanbases bigger than Jurassic other than Star Wars, Marvel, D.C. and maybe Harry Potter. Other than that the Jurassic fanbase is up there at number 5 or 6 in history in terms of size. That is millions and millions and millions and millions and millions of fans all over the globe.

It is not one small online cult.

So It has never been wise for Universal to just go "Oh forget about the hardcore fans and just think of the general public".

Jurassic World and Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom are not highly thought of films guys. Yes, they did make money but that is more due to brand name recognition than anything else. That only means, everyone went to see them. But while there are millions who genuinely liked them, millions of others walked out of the theater genuinely having hated them.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anybody worried about the franchise future?    Is anybody worried about the franchise future?  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anybody worried about the franchise future?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5