Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0

Go down 
+39
SpenzerJ
Pachyrhinosaurus
mosasaurus
FayhdrianColonist
The Malone Society
IllOrfanato
Dead2009
brunofernando
rommegrot
Megatronus Rex
The Geeky Zoologist
eagc7
Ewinzilla
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
TyrannosaurTJ
Spiegel
Sickle_Claw
CommanderKeller
owenpratt
Robotpo
Trexbreakout
Troyal1
NikoRex
JVM
Dilophosaurus
Dr. Wu
TyrantKing4Ever
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
Pokesaurus
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 5:11 pm

Just saw leaks on Reddit that seem very legit...

All i have to say is...Expect this movie to piss a significant amount of fans....

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2022 7:09 pm

Runtime is said to be 146mins, longest Jurassic yet, so 2hrs, 26mins with credits, makes sense considering how much is said to take place in this film!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 10:03 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Runtime is said to be 146mins, longest Jurassic yet, so 2hrs, 26mins with credits, makes sense considering how much is said to take place in this film!! Cool

I'm glad we're getting a longer runtime this time around. I was actually able to have a brief exchange with Colin on Twitter a couple years ago and when I expressed one of my criticisms with FK being how briskly paced the film was, he said the intention was to let ye next film "breath a little more", or something to that extent.

Not to say I personally had anything to do with the extended runtime or anything lol

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2022 2:17 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I'm glad we're getting a longer runtime this time around. I was actually able to have a brief exchange with Colin on Twitter a couple years ago and when I expressed one of my criticisms with FK being how briskly paced the film was, he said the intention was to let ye next film "breath a little more", or something to that extent.

Not to say I personally had anything to do with the extended runtime or anything lol

Yeah it's good news considering all this film's characters & how they will be travelling all around the world during the course of the film.
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2022 2:54 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L5leI8fM7l8 Henry Wu is definitely getting a redemption arc.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 12:10 am

Kinda wonder how they will do that given how villainous his portrayal has been throughout CC and FK.

Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 5:53 am

CC hinted Wu may realize his mistakes with the conversation he had with Brooklynn.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 6:06 pm

True but at that point it is pre FK.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 7:56 pm

https://twitter.com/swrveyt/status/1518335817810391040?s=21&t=7Uf9EsmbyhakI_-76QUPsw

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 4:17 pm

So I just saw a TV spot showing more of the Pyroraptor attack and.......oh no. I'll leave it at that xD

Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 5:02 pm

It swims! I don't think it's a big deal. Probably a animal included in its DNA allows it to swim. Notice how the Pyroraptor has webbed feet.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 6:29 pm

Modern day birds can do something similar, who's not to say they couldn't ? I mean Prehistoric Planet has the rex swimming lol.

Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 6:38 pm

So did the Rex in the Jurassic Park novel.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 7:28 pm

It's biology really isn't indicative of an aquatic bird, outside of the webbed feet. Not to mention, considering the BioSyn dinos are supposed to be "pure", I doubt the environment the Pyro was originally from lent itself towards animals capable of swimming through freezing cold water like that. Admittedly paleoclimatology is not my strong suit.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 8:03 pm

Tell me we getting hybrids without telling me we getting hybrids lol

Tyrant Lizard likes this post

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2022 9:57 pm

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 20220428_115557

Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2022 1:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o2cdtQsNu8
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2022 12:30 am

Here are some early reactions from Dominion's Mexico premiere that I found on Reddit.

“Una experiencia única. Definí la película como un sube y baja de adrenalina y acción. Es diferente pero atrevida y vale la pena gozarla con sonido a todo volumen. 🤩🤩”

Translated: It’s a unique experience. I’d define the movie as having ups and downs of adrenaline and action. It’s different but daring and worth enjoying with the volume turned all the way up.

Follow up: “La vas a gozar como nunca. Que fluya la emoción, grita y emociónate.”

Translated: You will enjoy it like never before. Let the emotion flow screams and excitement

Edit— Two more people shared their reviews…

“No me gusto tanto. Mejor de FK. La de Jurassic World 1 es mejor a mi gusto.”

Translated: I didn’t like it much. Better than FK. I liked Jurassic World 1 better.

2. “Definitivamente entra a mi top 3 de las 6 qué hay.”

Translated: Definitely places in my top three of the 6 [Jurassic movies] that there are.
Back to top Go down
Indoraptor11
Embryo
Embryo
Indoraptor11

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2022 4:04 pm

I just want to mention that the soundtrack has leaked early. It´s aviable from telegram for 30 dollars and someone has made a copy from that to MP3 and FLAC. I wont name any names whre it is but its on a soundtrack download page.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 1:14 am

Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:
Here are some early reactions from Dominion's Mexico premiere that I found on Reddit.

“Una experiencia única. Definí la película como un sube y baja de adrenalina y acción. Es diferente pero atrevida y vale la pena gozarla con sonido a todo volumen. 🤩🤩”

Translated: It’s a unique experience. I’d define the movie as having ups and downs of adrenaline and action. It’s different but daring and worth enjoying with the volume turned all the way up.

Follow up: “La vas a gozar como nunca. Que fluya la emoción, grita y emociónate.”

Translated: You will enjoy it like never before. Let the emotion flow screams and excitement

Edit— Two more people shared their reviews…

“No me gusto tanto. Mejor de FK. La de Jurassic World 1 es mejor a mi gusto.”

Translated: I didn’t like it much. Better than FK. I liked Jurassic World 1 better.

2. “Definitivamente entra a mi top 3 de las 6 qué hay.”

Translated: Definitely places in my top three of the 6 [Jurassic movies] that there are.

There are now many new reviews on IMDB.

Many of them are negative.
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 3:36 am

Right now it's a 6/10 on IMDB which isn't great but an okay score.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 5:52 am

Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:

Did you read the written reviews?

Many are more or less saying that the movie is more Fast and the Furious than Jurassic. (And of course not in a good way).

Some have straight up said the movie is straight up all loud and bombastic action with no plot.

And there are people pissed about the ending.
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 6:00 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:

Many are more or less saying that the movie is more Fast and the Furious than Jurassic. (And of course not in a good way).

Some have straight up said the movie is straight up all loud and bombastic action with no plot.

No I didn't read them and I don't care what they think about it. As long as I enjoy the film I'll be happy. There are fans that do really like the film like Swrve. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=357LoxVIDCM
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 11:09 am

Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Jurassic Fan 1994 wrote:

No I didn't read them and I don't care what they think about it. As long as I enjoy the film I'll be happy. There are fans that do really like the film like Swrve. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=357LoxVIDCM

Uh....Ok...

Just throwing them out there since you brought up mostly positive reviews. I pointed out the negative reviews so that you would get the full picture of things and thus be more informed in the conversation. I thought that was the topic we were talking about but ok.

By the way. I never said there aren't people who have liked the film. Of course there are. But the fact remains that overall the movie has pissed off plenty of people by doing a double down on the whole Fast and Furious mindless crazy unrealistic and bombastic action and the consensus seems to be that there isn't that much of a plot (among other things).

Go ahead and like the movie, be my guest and be free to do so. But the fact remains that things are not "good".
Back to top Go down
Jurassic Fan 1994
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Fan 1994

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 11:33 am

I expect generally positive reviews from general audiences on Rotten Tomatoes. 60%-70%

Critically I expect 50%-60%

Last edited by Jurassic Fan 1994 on Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 5:35 pm

Indoraptor11 wrote:
I just want to mention that the soundtrack has leaked early. It´s aviable from telegram for 30 dollars and someone has made a copy from that to MP3 and FLAC. I wont name any names whre it is but its on a soundtrack download page.

I listened to the soundtrack (it's on YouTube, now) and it was alright. What disappointed me was the lack of a new main theme. There's a drum beat that is consistent throughout and I think that's supposed to be it, but it isn't a very recognizable theme like JP and TLW had. Many tracks sound like they were pulled straight from JW and some from FK. The original raptor theme can be heard briefly, but unfortunately the references to the original trilogy are limited. My favorite track is "Dimetrodon a Dozen" since it has jungle drumming like TLW and a reprise of the original film's main theme.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 9:21 am

Many fans on Reddit consider JW:D to be a failure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/v5u7c8/jurassic_world_dominion_us_release_megathread/

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 12:43 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Many fans on Reddit consider JW:D to be a failure.

https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/v5u7c8/jurassic_world_dominion_us_release_megathread/

Been saying that for like a week but 2 or 3 posters here will just flat out not believe me.

For those who still think Im making stuff up. Yeah, no. We do already have plenty of evidence. People are not keen on this movie.

Don't get mad at me. I did not write or produce it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 8:33 am

What about audiences on Rotten Tomatoes? They are liking it.

Reddit has always been been negative on Jurassic World.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 10:34 am

Dr. Wu wrote:
What about audiences on Rotten Tomatoes? They are liking it.

Reddit has always been been negative on Jurassic World.

Those positive numbers on RT will go down. The movie just premiered.

It isn't just a small cult on Reddit hating on it. Written reviews on IMDB are just awful. Twitter as well.

This isn't some small internet vocal minority. Everyone everywhere seems to be saying the exact same things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next