Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0

Go down 
+39
SpenzerJ
Pachyrhinosaurus
mosasaurus
FayhdrianColonist
The Malone Society
IllOrfanato
Dead2009
brunofernando
rommegrot
Megatronus Rex
The Geeky Zoologist
eagc7
Ewinzilla
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
TyrannosaurTJ
Spiegel
Sickle_Claw
CommanderKeller
owenpratt
Robotpo
Trexbreakout
Troyal1
NikoRex
JVM
Dilophosaurus
Dr. Wu
TyrantKing4Ever
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
Pokesaurus
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 4:59 pm

I'm really interested to see how they're integrated into the plot. I really hope they're able to do it in a way that feels natural.

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2019 8:14 pm

It occurred to me that Sam Neill and Laura Dern will be filming in 2020, which is 20 years after they shot JP3...and JW3 will come out 20 years after JP3, in 2021 (meaning it's the first time they'll have played these characters in two decades)!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm

‘Jurassic World 3’ Bringing Back Justice Smith, Daniella Pineda
https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-justice-smith-daniella-pineda-return/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-justice-smith-daniella-pineda-return/?utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Unpopular opinion: I was really hoping they would be one-off characters and that they wouldn't appear again.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 6:51 pm

It seems like they're definitely trying to make FK and JW3 a two-part story. Normally the sidekicks are one and done (Nick, Billy, Lowery & Barry).

I could take Franklin & Zia or leave them but didn't find them annoying as a lot of people seemed to, so, eh...meh I guess. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 7:58 pm

Yeah I mean it sounds like they are trying to close up all the hanging threads from FK in this movie. Im interested if we are done with casting, or we are getting more.

Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Unpopular opinion: I was really hoping they would be one-off characters and that they wouldn't appear again.

Me too. I don't see them in another adventures. Especially Franklin.

Would rather see Sarah and even Billy instead those two. Both are paleontologists and survived Site B.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 1:33 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. I have never seen anyone hoping they return. Many YouTube reviews have pointed out that Franklin screaming was over the top.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. I have never seen anyone hoping they return. Many YouTube reviews have pointed out that Franklin screaming was over the top.

It's kinda sad because I actually like Justice Smith as an actor. He was really good in Detective Pikachu playing the "straight man" to Ryan Reynolds' more off-the-wall Pikachu. Honestly, I think he was horribly miscast as the "comic relief character" in Fallen Kingdom. My only hope is that he's given a role that plays more to the actors strengths as a likeable, sympathetic, somewhat awkward character, rather than being forced to be the Jar Jar Binks of the Jurassic franchise yet again.

I think I might actually be a bit more worried about the Zia character this time around. We all know about the really awkward scene where she told Owen she was a lesbian that almost made Fallen Kingdom. If Daniella Pineda is returning, there's a very good chance we could see a similar scene come to fruition in JW3. Furthermore, I just feel like her character could end up becoming really obnoxious if written poorly, which is a distinct possibility.

All in all it just seems unnecessary to throw these two characters that didn't go over very well back into the mix. Obviously this is just suspicion, and perhaps the two characters are absolutely integral to the plot, but I really have my doubts.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Jeff says he has a "nice part" in the upcoming film (seemingly meaning it's of a decent size this time), and mentions he'll be reunited with Sam and Laura!

https://collider.com/jeff-goldblum-interview-the-world-according-to-jeff-goldblum/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 8:39 pm

Just found out that JW3 is going be be filming partially in my hometown of Vancouver. Pretty stoked about that.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm

I wonder if they're going to do any location shooting or it's just for the studio space? They filmed parts of JW in New Orleans and FK in the UK, so it may not clue us in to possible locations. A lot of movies shoot there due to the production infrastructure and being in the same time zone as LA.

Then again, don't a lot of the Canadian mountains/woodlands look similar to those around Lockwood Manor...? So who knows?  Question
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I wonder if they're going to do any location shooting or it's just for the studio space? They filmed parts of JW in New Orleans and FK in the UK, so it may not clue us in to possible locations. A lot of movies shoot there due to the production infrastructure and being in the same time zone as LA.

Then again, don't a lot of the Canadian mountains/woodlands look similar to those around Lockwood Manor...? So who knows?  Question

The Vancouver area actually has a ton of different environments, from big metropolitan area to woodland areas, beaches, mountainous areas, snowy areas and so on. It's possible that it's just studio shooting as well, but there are a ton of potential environments to use. Woodland areas would be a pretty good bet though, and parts of the area are definitely reminiscent of the area around Lockwood Manor.

Something like the first parts of X-men Origins: Wolverine are a pretty good indicator of the type of woodlands that the Vancouver area has to offer, but it could theoretically be anything.

Here's a list of films shot in Vancouver for reference. It's a pretty diverse list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Films_shot_in_Vancouver

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 1:25 pm

Also Working title of the movie is 'Arcadia'.

Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 8:31 pm

MYSTERIOUS NEW DINOSAUR SPOTTED IN RECENT JURASSSIC WORLD 3 ANIMATRONIC VIDEO!

https://jurassicoutpost.com/new-dinosaurs-spotted-coming-to-jurassic-world-3/

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 78629463_2526255004311043_1433706245713297408_n

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm

A writer for Camp Cretaceous posted this on twitter

Quote :

My semi-canonical reason for no feathers is that the existence of the 1990s Jurassic Park so conditioned audiences to expect smooth dinosaurs that they ended up rejecting feathered Dinos when they were focus group tested for the new park.

Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 5:31 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

My semi-canonical reason for no feathers is that the existence of the 1990s Jurassic Park so conditioned audiences to expect smooth dinosaurs that they ended up rejecting feathered Dinos when they were focus group tested for the new park.

Wasn't something like that almost directly stated on the Jurassic World website? Somewhere in a bio of a character or something... and even in the first JW movie Wu is like "all the dinosaurs in Jurassic World are monsters, none of them are 'real'."

Obviously, this is really just a meta reference to how they won't add feathers in because real audience members would "reject them"... these days, featherless leathery dinos represent the brand of JP more than the logo does lol. Not to mention there's the problem with CGI workload.

I would love feathered dinosaurs but honestly at this point we won't ever see them. I don't mind as much as others tbh but a bit of a shame how entirely uninterested JP is in representing accuracy these days.

And I dunno, that animatronic just looks like an unfinished raptor at an odd, distorted angle to me. scratch
What possible "new dinosaur" could it even be that's not a raptor? Certainly, it's no Therizinosaur. If it is, then it might be a top contender for most innacurate dinosaur depiction in Jurassic Park, and that's no small feat.

Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Maybe they use a raptor model as a base for a Therizinosaur, it's something that ILM already did in the past with the Ronto in star wars and the Mamenchisaurus in TLW, these two created using the Brachiosaur model from JP, also the Ceratosaurus from JP3 with the Rex render as a base.

But it would be strange to have an unfinished model in the animatronic workshop tbh, my theory is that is not a normal raptor, the neck and head looks different and the claws are too long scratch

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 7:43 pm

Colin posted this to Twitter earlier today. Let the hype train begin!

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/1223339453994938368

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 12:35 am

Cannot believe filming starts in 3 weeks... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 6:18 pm

TyrannoFan wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

Wasn't something like that almost directly stated on the Jurassic World website? Somewhere in a bio of a character or something... and even in the first JW movie Wu is like "all the dinosaurs in Jurassic World are monsters, none of them are 'real'."

Obviously, this is really just a meta reference to how they won't add feathers in because real audience members would "reject them"... these days, featherless leathery dinos represent the brand of JP more than the logo does lol. Not to mention there's the problem with CGI workload.

I would love feathered dinosaurs but honestly at this point we won't ever see them. I don't mind as much as others tbh but a bit of a shame how entirely uninterested JP is in representing accuracy these days.

I still think that feathered dinosaurs could have worked if new species of dinosaur that were feathered and more were added more time went on. Like Theriznosaurus, some smaller tyrannosaur species like Yutyrannus, etc. Now, it's pointless to add in feathered dinosaurs at this stage. It would come across as too forced and thus, too little too late. Adding feathered dinosaurs would have to be organic.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 6:01 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

I still think that feathered dinosaurs could have worked if new species of dinosaur that were feathered and more were added more time went on. Like Theriznosaurus, some smaller tyrannosaur species like Yutyrannus, etc. Now, it's pointless to add in feathered dinosaurs at this stage. It would come across as too forced and thus, too little too late. Adding feathered dinosaurs would have to be organic.

They could have other companies creating their own dinosaurs for various purposes, and some being much more accurate. But honestly I do agree, I am having a hard time imagining a non-forced scene with giant turkeys unless they're like in the background or something. Though they could easily have, like you said, a Therizinosaur or Yutyrannus showing up as one of the few dinosaurs at JW that had feathers (or like I said, another company's dinosaur creation).

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

I agree. Honestly, the greatest opportunity was back in 2015 with Jurassic World. They redesigned half the dinosaurs anyway, it was a huge missed opportunity not to update the dinosaurs. It would have at least justified the movie beyond being a nostalgic cash grab.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2020 1:03 pm

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/1224718770716852224

First casting call for JW3 has been found, I think pretty interesting...

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 5:19 pm

^^ From that I wonder if they're going to be re-capturing and/or dealing with the Mosasaurus in this film. The thing deserves an action setpiece to itself since its appearances have been relegated to mere cameos basically in JW and FK.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 6:25 pm

i reckon the Mosasaurus will have an action scene, the authorities will be trying to capture it, it's way too dangerous to be left out in the ocean forever...
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 8:22 pm

dance2nite wrote:
i reckon the Mosasaurus will have an action scene, the authorities will be trying to capture it, it's way too dangerous to be left out in the ocean forever...

It will most likely be hunted down by not only the U.S. Navy, but all nations that have one in the Pacific Ocean.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 6:29 pm

It seems Lowery and Barry are back...in addition to the already announced Zia and Franklin, is this too many sidekicks? In this movie the sidekicks can have sidekicks!

https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-jake-johnson-omar-sy-return/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm

This is the Avengers version of Jurassic it seems.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 7:39 pm

I'm stoked to have Lowery back. He was definitely a character that we needed to see again. Barry was a pretty boring character for me, so I'm pretty indifferent on his return.

At what point do all of these returning characters become too much? Considering that Owen and Claire will likely still be the focal point, Maisie will likely be involved as well, and Ian, Alan and Ellie are all apparently going to have pretty significant roles, and Wu probably will as well, how are we going to be able to fit all these characters in, unless Franklin, Zia, Barry and Lowery are just glorified cameos?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next