Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0

Go down 
+39
SpenzerJ
Pachyrhinosaurus
mosasaurus
FayhdrianColonist
The Malone Society
IllOrfanato
Dead2009
brunofernando
rommegrot
Megatronus Rex
The Geeky Zoologist
eagc7
Ewinzilla
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
TyrannosaurTJ
Spiegel
Sickle_Claw
CommanderKeller
owenpratt
Robotpo
Trexbreakout
Troyal1
NikoRex
JVM
Dilophosaurus
Dr. Wu
TyrantKing4Ever
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
Pokesaurus
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/jurassic_world_fandom/?hl=en

It does look Sorna-ish, but it could also be woods near Lockwood Manor? Weren't some of the TLW scenes on Sorna shot in Northern CA (the redwoods specifically)?

I really hope they don't go back to an island AGAIN when they spent so much time setting up a story on the mainland in FK and BaBR.

I have a feeling that we might only see island in opening titles, or in some sort of flashback.

I think they have to explain what happened to Sorna, considering the halfassed way they kept it canon in JW:FK. IE: Mention it by name, but don't explain what happened to it's population or why the dinosaurs weren't moved there. That and considering how barely anybody goes to those sites...

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 7:43 pm

Robotpo wrote:
I really hope they don't go back to an island AGAIN when they spent so much time setting up a story on the mainland in FK and BaBR.

Agreed on that front. Maybe a quick scene or something, but we've been on islands for 5 films in a row now. Enough is enough.

At this point the islands don't really serve much of a narrative purpose any more, so there wouldn't be much reason to bring it back to an island after spending so much time and effort establishing dinos on the mainland anyways. It would be redundant.

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 5:55 am

New behind the scenes photos from Colin! Jurassic outpost on Instagram.
Edit : How do i post spoilers? Im so keen to discuss the latest set photos. Its big.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 5:22 pm

rommegrot wrote:
New behind the scenes photos from Colin! Jurassic outpost on Instagram.
Edit : How do i post spoilers? Im so keen to discuss the latest set photos. Its big.

Well, [spoiler="spoiler"][/ spoiler] without the space between the last backslash and the word. And I know what you are talking about...it is very goddamn big. And probably this might not be the best place to put it, but im not sure either.

Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 5:28 pm

Yeah i know. I get so freakin exited!! To see Alan and Ellie again, new dinos, mainland, i mean come om!! What do we think of that the Spinosaurus maybe is back?
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Just as a thought, we (here in the States) are far from out of the woods yet. There are new COVID-19 spikes all over the place and it's only expected to get worse by August, and we still have no national response because our "extremely stable genius" of a "president" thinks science is a hoax. I'm been reading/hearing speculation that the pandemic could have long-lasting effects stretching in 2022.

So hopefully Dom will be unaffected. Guess we'll all have to take it one day at a time...
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2020 7:12 pm

If it cannot be released by next June then they'll just have to delay it a year, nearly every film this year is getting delayed anyway.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 2:12 pm

New quote from Sam Neill:

Quote :
“I can’t give anything away, but a real-life dinosaur is a compelling thing to someone who has devoted his life to them. There will be screaming. We know this.”

Nice that Grant (and presumably Ellie) will still have their passion for dinosaurs - I assume that's how they get involved in the story.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/jurassic-world-dominion-star-guarantees-screaming/
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Another update, from a reputable Star Wars fan site, in an article which was discussing filming at London's Pinewood Studios - he says this info came from his "sources" but it's so close to an earlier possible leak I'm not sure if this is just recycled or it's now being confirmed. Possible Story SPOILERS!!

Spoiler:

https://makingstarwars.net/2020/07/star-wars-rogue-one-prequel-kenobi-and-jurassic-world-dominion-rumors-from-pinewood/
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 12:49 pm

When can we expect the first look/trailer?
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 7:06 pm

November/December, but it won't have a lot of effects shots as they'll be finishing shooting not long before then.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2020 7:42 pm

I think they might leave the first trailer till the Superbowl in February this time. Maybe we'll get a teaser in Nov/Dec then full trailer with Superbowl spot?
Back to top Go down
brunofernando
Embryo
Embryo
brunofernando

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 2:59 am

I'm still hoping they delay the movie. The scenario is still not good for the rest of the year, then most 2020 movies will get a new release date in 2021, which is gonna be crowded.

I want this movie to be able to achive its full potential, post-production and box office wise, and I don't think the current release date will guarentee that.

Anyway, if it does keep the release date, probably a teaser by December and a full trailer early next year. I'm excited about a teaser poster or still photo, though.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Regarding the MSW spoiler, there is one portion of it that was NOT in the prior leak that makes me wonder. Just really curious what would entail that story aspect coming in.

Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 7:13 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Regarding the MSW spoiler, there is one portion of it that was NOT in the prior leak that makes me wonder. Just really curious what would entail that story aspect coming in.

What portion was not in the plot leak?

Spoiler:

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2020 2:20 pm

CommanderKeller wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

What portion was not in the plot leak?

Spoiler:

My bad, I had to go and look up articles from earlier this year. I confirmed that it had that bit. So Im not sure if MSW was simply repeating the bit that was in the plot leak to sound more legit. However its interesting that a pinewood source was the one telling them that.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 7:27 pm

With Avatar 2 now delayed till 2022, do you think Universal should move Dominion back 6 months to Dec 2021 & take Avatar's spot? I think it would give the film more time to finish post-production. I don't think we've ever had a winter Jurassic release either?
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 8:27 pm

I wouldn't mind a JP film coming in Christmas, but i do think if Universal delays JW3 there is a decent chance it would be on June 2022, in order to keep it as a summer blockbuster.

eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Seems unlikely now that Universal would take that Dec 17, 2021 slot for Jurassic as Sony/Disney/Marvel just claimed the date for Spider-Man 3

Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2020 10:04 pm

IMO they should just take as much time as they need, and let the release date fall where it may. December 2021 seems like a nice possibility since it would give them plenty of time for post and possible re-shoots. After all, "Star Wars" was always a Summer blockbuster and has done just fine at Christmas; also the new "Jumanji" films are basically big Summer action-fests released in December.

I think if they were currently planning to push the film it would be reflected in the shooting schedule, as opposed to seemingly rushing back into production. But who knows...?

Also, despite earlier rumors that the film had gone all digital, in a new interview Trevorrow claims JW:D has more animatronics than the previous two films.

https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-animatronic-dinosaurs-colin-trevorrow-interview/
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 am

Glad to hear they will be still using lots of animatronics, sounds promising!! Cool
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 4:19 pm

New set photos today. Again. Man its a lot of photos out there already! Makes me wonder how it will get in the future.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 6:34 pm

^^ Link please (doesn't seem to be on Jurassic Outpost)? You can include a link with the button in the response toolbar (next to the YouTube button). Thanks!

On another note, what is on Jurassic Outpost's Instagram is pics/video of "Camp Cretaceous" merchandise which seems to be hitting stores.

https://www.instagram.com/jurassic_outpost/?hl=en
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Robotpo wrote:
IMO they should just take as much time as they need, and let the release date fall where it may. December 2021 seems like a nice possibility since it would give them plenty of time for post and possible re-shoots. After all, "Star Wars" was always a Summer blockbuster and has done just fine at Christmas; also the new "Jumanji" films are basically big Summer action-fests released in December.

I think if they were currently planning to push the film it would be reflected in the shooting schedule, as opposed to seemingly rushing back into production. But who knows...?

Also, despite earlier rumors that the film had gone all digital, in a new interview Trevorrow claims JW:D has more animatronics than the previous two films.

https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-animatronic-dinosaurs-colin-trevorrow-interview/

dance2nite wrote:
Glad to hear they will be still using lots of animatronics, sounds promising!! Cool

Does anybody but me find it frustrating that it's only NOW that Universal is going back to lots of animatronics and giving us some new accurate dinosaurs rather then doing all this from the first JW on?

Why now and not then? scratch

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 4:49 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Does anybody but me find it frustrating that it's only NOW that Universal is going back to lots of animatronics and giving us some new accurate dinosaurs rather then doing all this from the first JW on?

Why now and not then? scratch

For the simple reason that they wanted to play it safe. But yeah, I'm also frustrated that they are only introducing new accurate dinosaurs only now, as we're coming closer to the end of the trilogy, it's a bit late and seems like a bone-throw to please those disappointed by the lack of accuracy. I think that seeing accurate dinosaurs in the Jurassic World park could have really given a wonder feel close to that of the original trilogy.
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 5:02 am

If you go to Jurassic_World_Fandom on Instagram, he post new leaks almost everyday.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 2:37 pm

I don't know if it was JWD related, but a listing for a Jurassic World Amber collection human figure 'Kayla' has just been leaked.

Link here

not sure, but it sounds like Dichen Lachmann's character to me?

Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:02 pm

That character is described as a pilot. I rather think that she will be a minor character that will appear during only one or two scenes, in the same vein as the submarine operators from FK.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20436878
Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 3:13 pm

The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
That character is described as a pilot. I rather think that she will be a minor character that will appear during only one or two scenes, in the same vein as the submarine operators from FK.

Not sure she'd be getting a figure if she's just a minor character.

She could also be DeWanda Wise''s character.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2020 5:27 pm

Perhaps someone just horribly misspelled "Udesky"?  Razz

JW:D has been described as having a global scale by Trevorrow, could be Kayla is taking Owen and Claire to different places?

Also worth noting that Mattel has been making a bunch of toys which aren't in the movies, so the dinosaurs listed in that leak may not be in JW:D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next