Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Ghostbusters Thread

Go down 
+17
Hellothasaurus
Dr. Wu
Pokesaurus
Mysterious Hero M
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
Troyal1
Agron
BarrytheOnyx
Scott B
evolution_rex
Katana
Dead2009
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
Levine
TheDreamMaster
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
From what I'm seeing on Box Office Mojo, the Ghostbusters reboot has made only slightly over $128 million dollars so far. Unless it does well oversees, which is unlikely, this is going to be a bomb.

It's doing as expected for a Paul Feig film lol.

Wait...

First you were against it, then you liked it after you saw it, and now you hate it again? HUH?! confused

Wait what. I was initally against it yeah, then had a change of heart and gave it a chance, found out I loved it, still do. What I'm saying is that the numbers they are getting are basically what other Paul Feig films get. This is normal numbers for him and his movies lol (and as far as I know he hasnt made a dud).

Oh. OK. I thought that you reverted to your original mindset with the last post you made. Sorry about that. My bad. Razz

Heh, no biggie lol.

I saw the film again yesterday. I still think my rating of 7.7/10 is a good number for it. Also disappointed the theater I went to didnt call me about the mega-standee they had (I put a stickie with my number on it), and when I went there it was gone. Sad
Back to top Go down
Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Hellothasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 1:15 pm

Doubt I will see it, only ever really liked the first ghostbusters film and that was only occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Even though it's spun off from the new one, if your a Ghostbusters fan or just want a fun way to kill time, I would get "Ghostbusters: Slime City" on the app store. All you do is bust and trap ghosts. Clean awesome fun.
Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 5:38 pm

I want to see the newest Ghostbuster film just to see what a wreck it will be, but I wont pay for it. I wonder if I can find it somewhere else...

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 1:26 am

MissDNA wrote:
I want to see the newest Ghostbuster film just to see what a wreck it will be, but I wont pay for it. I wonder if I can find it somewhere else...

You might be disappointed. A lot of GB fans have actually ended up liking the film, even critics and some of the people who hated the idea ended up liking the film. It isn't perfect, and I'm not 100% sure you would like it, but considering I was a hater until the moment the film started, and came out the other side pretty happy, it could surprise you.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 5:17 pm

2 weeks into its movie debut life and GB2016 has yet to get the production budget back.

On a related note, Sony had a quarterly $100 million dollar loss.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 1:57 am

Saw it recently. Would give it a 7.8-8/10. A nice pleasant surprise.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Some good news and a lot of bad news for GB2016.

Good news: It finally made its production value back.

Bad news, and a LOT of it.

1. It lost 911 theaters and dropped to 7th place.

2. Fireforge games, which made the new GB game has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

3. Any hopes for a sequel are pretty much destroyed.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 2:56 pm

#3 is odd considering there was an article out the other day talking about a sequel coming down the pipeline.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 3:15 pm

Even if we dont get a full-on sequel (which Im rooting for), this wont be the last of the Ghostbusters. They have an animated series IIRC in the works.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:10 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Even if we dont get a full-on sequel (which Im rooting for), this wont be the last of the Ghostbusters. They have an animated series IIRC in the works.

I'd imagine we'll get something, I honestly think they'll do another live action movie, either in the original universe or yet another reboot-type universe. The cartoon will sell toys, but I think they'll try to make a movie the fans are happy with. Actually, a lot of fans ended up happy with this film, but given the dismal returns, I find it hard. Plus, with things like the Leslie Jones Twitter debacle, I really wonder how many of them will want to return for a sequel after all the abuse for them doing this film.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 5:17 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:

I'd imagine we'll get something, I honestly think they'll do another live action movie, either in the original universe or yet another reboot-type universe. The cartoon will sell toys, but I think they'll try to make a movie the fans are happy with. Actually, a lot of fans ended up happy with this film, but given the dismal returns, I find it hard. Plus, with things like the Leslie Jones Twitter debacle, I really wonder how many of them will want to return for a sequel after all the abuse for them doing this film.

Funny how you mentioned the dismal returns. I did some basic research about what Feig said about this movie needing $500 million to be successful. Turns out, that is most likely a low number.

“A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low.”

Given how much power that Feig had in making this movie, I have no reason to doubt him. The high/max number is probably, and this is my estimation, somewhere between $550 million to $600 million. So even if Sony wanted to make as sequel, between how much money they are losing, how little money this movie made, and how they fanned flaming of the fans and those who had legitimate, well thought out criticism of the movie, it would be financially impossible to justify.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:08 pm

You know....I at least assumed now that the movie was out, bad box office or not, Sony would learn their lesson about advertising this film. Instead, they've put out a new one, with a scene not in the movie, with unfinished effects even, that may be even more cringe worthy than some of the trailers.

Sony, some of us did like this film. This isn't helping Sony. Sony stop.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:14 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
You know....I at least assumed now that the movie was out, bad box office or not, Sony would learn their lesson about advertising this film. Instead, they've put out a new one, with a scene not in the movie, with unfinished effects even, that may be even more cringe worthy than some of the trailers.

Sony, some of us did like this film. This isn't helping Sony. Sony stop.

It makes you wonder if Sony even cares about this movie making a profit anymore.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 6:02 pm

This article talks about the basic math GB2016 needs to be successful.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 6:35 pm

On Week 4. The total gross of GB2016 is just over $179 million dollars.

Not only that, but it had a weekend gross of over $4.676 million dollars.

It's official. Unless this movie has a miracle foreign box office boom, then this movie is a bomb. If it's been 4 weeks and you still can't reach $200 million dollars by now then your hopes of a rebooted franchise are destroyed.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 6:07 pm

So depending on what you read, Ghostbusters 2016 has lost either 70 million to $75 million dollars.

It's time for the Ghostbusters 2016 funeral, guys.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 6:23 pm

We really need some positivity in this thread.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 6:45 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
We really need some positivity in this thread.

At this point, I guess the only positive thing that I can think of is the hope that the Ghostbusters franchise gets sold to Disney. At the rate Sony's going, they might as well sell off the rest of the Spider Man rights as well.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:49 am

It looks like the $70 million to $75 million dollar loss was low. The loss to Sony is now $100 million dollars.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:40 pm

That's what happens when everyone gets into the defensive position and attacks others for their opinion because "women".

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
That's what happens when everyone gets into the defensive position and attacks others for their opinion because "women".

^THIS!

Thrashing and flaming the fan base is NEVER a good idea and neither is attacking those with legitimate criticisms of the movie. Those things make me very happy that this movie failed. If Sony wanted to do diversity the right way, then they should have let GB3 3 be made and make it like the late 1990's TV show Ghostbusters Extreme. That show did it the correct way.

If Sony hasn't learned this lesson by now, then they deserve to go out of business.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 6:42 am

It's been 5 weeks and this movie STILL has not made $200 million dollars.

It has yet to be released in Japan, France, and South Korea so that might push it over the $200 million dollar mark.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 5:52 pm

GB 2016 has finally surpassed the $200 million dollar mark and has made over $208 million.

It's also done very poorly in Japan. It came in 4th in its debut with the new Godzilla movie and Secret Life of Pets bulldozing it.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Apparently people hacked into Leslie Jones' website and leaked nude photos of her *shudder* on Twitter.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Apparently people hacked into Leslie Jones' website and leaked nude photos of her *shudder* on Twitter.

You know, this is getting ridiculous. Why attack her more then she needlessly had. Yes, it was wrong of her to label those who had legitimate doubts/criticisms of GB2016 as racists, but even so, she doesn't deserve this or to be attacked by legitimate racists at all.

I can't help but wonder if Amy Pascal still thinks that this reboot was a good idea at all with everything that has happened to everybody involved to this point. If she still thinks so, then she's the most incompetent person in the history of Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

You know, this is getting ridiculous. Why attack her more then she needlessly had. Yes, it was wrong of her to label those who had legitimate doubts/criticisms of GB2016 as racists, but even so, she doesn't deserve this or to be attacked by legitimate racists at all.

I can't help but wonder if Amy Pascal still thinks that this reboot was a good idea at all with everything that has happened to everybody involved to this point. If she still thinks so, then she's the most incompetent person in the history of Hollywood.

What with Amy Pascal being gone, I doubt she gives two blanks about what happened. Despite my enjoyment of the film, I still am well aware of the stuff she pulled behind the scenes and it infuriates me since this was probably our last big chance at a legitimate Ghostbusters 3. If she's ever ask, she'll just use these assholes as fuel for her being in the right, and not take any responsibility or acknowledge that it it's another vocal minority spewing this junk.

While Leslie Jones has caused some of her own drama, she did not deserve this, especially since a lot of this is over backlash after that Milo whatshisname getting banned for tweeting that she was "barely literate". I gotta be honest, as someone who spends a lot of time online, I kind of hate the internet these days.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 7:56 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

What with Amy Pascal being gone, I doubt she gives two blanks about what happened. Despite my enjoyment of the film, I still am well aware of the stuff she pulled behind the scenes and it infuriates me since this was probably our last big chance at a legitimate Ghostbusters 3. If she's ever ask, she'll just use these assholes as fuel for her being in the right, and not take any responsibility or acknowledge that it it's another vocal minority spewing this junk.

While Leslie Jones has caused some of her own drama, she did not deserve this, especially since a lot of this is over backlash after that Milo whatshisname getting banned for tweeting that she was "barely literate". I gotta be honest, as someone who spends a lot of time online, I kind of hate the internet these days.  

I really don't think she'll be untouched as you think. She still works with Sony and with Rothman in charge now, he can simply put all of the blame on her, provided he hasn't done so already. This was her magnum opus and now it's her magnum anus. It's only a matter of time before Rothman fires her.

As for GB3, I think it can still be possible, but only if Disney buys the rights and declares GB2016 as non-canon. After all, I don't think that anyone of the main cast will care that much. Kristen Wiig was actually not happy with the final product, M Mac had fights behind the set, we all know what Leslie Jones went though, Feig is a 50/50 wash at this point, so McKinnon might be the only one who cares at this point, mainly because people say she's one of the few legitimatly good things the movie has.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 5:02 pm

According to this, the Blu-Ray of GB2016 will have over 3 hours of bonus footage/deleted scenes.

As if it will make the movie better...

It's total gross is over $217.7 million dollars. This thing only has 2-3 weeks left at the box office. I'm surprised that Sony hasn't pulled the film out now.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 6:19 pm

As of now, GB2016 has made slightly over $226.674 million dollars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   1 - The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ghostbusters Thread
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next