Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Transformers Thread

Go down 
+9
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
CT-1138
Minmi
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Transformers Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:52 pm

I didnt see one for Transformers so a new thread has been made!

Michael Bay Reveals New Transformers: The Last Knight Character

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Tyrese Gibson returning for fifth Transformers

Quote :

Tyrese Gibson has confirmed that he’ll be back for the fifth “Transformers” movie.

While speaking to Entertainment Tonight on the red carpet of the BET Awards, Gibson subtly let slip that he’ll be reuniting with “Transformers” co-star Josh Duhamel for next year’s “Transformers : The Last Knight”.

“Let’s just say 2017, summertime, it’s going to be a lot of energy out there in the universe: Fast 8, Transformers 5… I’m here to take advantage of my America.”

Gibson, currently filming F.Gary Gray’s “Fast 8”, and Duhamel are the only returning players from the original “Transformers” trilogy to return for the Mark Wahlberg-starrer.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:58 pm

The poster was released

The Transformers Thread TransformersTLKheader

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 5:50 pm

The robot dragon heads...Predacons in T5! This looks interesting. I like this so far. Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 12:08 am

Liam Garrigan to Play King Arthur in Transformers: The Last Knight

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 4:45 am

So they're really going for the King Arthur angle in this... okay.

Sad thing is as stupid as this plot is becoming, Paramount is desperate for this movie to be a financial hit otherwise they could officially go Chapter 11 if this rate of failure keeps up.

The Transformers Thread Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 7:52 am

[quote="BarrytheOnyx"]So they're really going for the King Arthur angle in this... okay.

Sad thing is as stupid as this plot is becoming, Paramount is desperate for this movie to be a financial hit otherwise they could officially go Chapter 11 if this rate of failure keeps up.[/quote

Is Paramount really in that bad of a shape? I always thought that they were a profitable company.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:59 am

Not compared to Disney, Universal or Warner Bros and certainly not for a studio that was there in the beginning of Hollywood with MGM and Warner Bros. Even Lionsgate is considered a more financially viable studio than them right now! For a studio considered one of the Hollywood "Big Six", Paramount has been behind the other studios for quite a while now. They didn't do too badly in 2014 and 2015 but but look at their major summer releases for this year:

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows underperformed massively; $242 million on a $135 million budget.

-Star Trek Beyond had good word of mouth and reviews but has so far grossed $243 million against a $185 million budget, and that's not exactly profitable. (And shockingly similar to TMNT 2 I might add). This was a film that SHOULD have won the hearts of audiences everywhere but somehow it just didn't catch on, and I think bad marketing is largely due to that and the fact that many Trekkers don't exactly care for the Abrams movies.

- The Ben Hur remake had a $100 million budget (granted, MGM had an 80% share in that budget) but it's losing money hand over fist and it will never see it's production budget recouped.

- Other bombs include Zoolander 2 and Michael Bay's 13 Hours: Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

And while it is true that Paramount's output hasn't exactly been that consistent in terms of quality, all of these major releases so far have been poor releases. This article sheds some light into their situation at present.

Paramount Pictures 2016

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 4:40 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Not compared to Disney, Universal or Warner Bros and certainly not for a studio that was there in the beginning of Hollywood with MGM and Warner Bros. Even Lionsgate is considered a more financially viable studio than them right now! For a studio considered one of the Hollywood "Big Six", Paramount has been behind the other studios for quite a while now. They didn't do too badly in 2014 and 2015 but but look at their major summer releases for this year:

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows underperformed massively; $242 million on a $135 million budget.

-Star Trek Beyond had good word of mouth and reviews but has so far grossed $243 million against a $185 million budget, and that's not exactly profitable. (And shockingly similar to TMNT 2 I might add). This was a film that SHOULD have won the hearts of audiences everywhere but somehow it just didn't catch on, and I think bad marketing is largely due to that and the fact that many Trekkers don't exactly care for the Abrams movies.

- The Ben Hur remake had a $100 million budget (granted, MGM had an 80% share in that budget) but it's losing money hand over fist and it will never see it's production budget recouped.

- Other bombs include Zoolander 2 and Michael Bay's 13 Hours: Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.

And while it is true that Paramount's output hasn't exactly been that consistent in terms of quality, all of these major releases so far have been poor releases. This article sheds some light into their situation at present.

Paramount Pictures 2016

I think the main reason why the new Star Trek movie wasn't/still isn't as profitable as it was is mainly due to the waiting period for it. It was 4-5 years since the last one so that was probably the main factor.

As for Transformers, it was always a cash cow for Paramount. That being said, I can't help but be a little concerned about the direction they are going. Yes, the idea of the King Arthur angle is fresh, but unless it's a time-travel thing, I'm not sure how this can work. Part of me wonders if they've got the wrong ideas with how Lockdown worked in T4. "Hey, if the unaffiliated Cybertronian bounty hunter as the main villain worked in T4 because of how fresh it was. Then this could work too." I like T4, but given how they kind of ruined Grimlock and the rest of the Dinobots and made Optimus look like a bully in that one scene, I do admit that I'm slightly worried about the movie series. If they do have Predacons like the posters shows they have, then hopefully they give them far more respect then what they did with the Dinobots.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 8:05 pm

Is Hitler One of the Villains in Transformers: The Last Knight?

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 3:29 am

Dead2009 wrote:

Talk about throwing everything and the kitchen sink into your movie.

Maybe this time he wants to try and dupe people into liking his movie because if they don't "they must be Hitler supporters!!" just like the Fiegbusters movie. Then again, if you're the sole director of one of the most derided yet successful franchises of all time, going all out Sharknado is probably your best option.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 5:22 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Talk about throwing everything and the kitchen sink into your movie.

Maybe this time he wants to try and dupe people into liking his movie because if they don't "they must be Hitler supporters!!" just like the Fiegbusters movie. Then again, if you're the sole director of one of the most derided yet successful franchises of all time, going all out Sharknado is probably your best option.

I really don't think that Micheal Bay is pulling a Paul Feig. He might not like criticisms, but if it hasn't affected him in the past, then I don't see it getting to him to do something like this. He has far, far, far thicker skin then Feig ever will.

As for the Hitler/Nazi Germany getting involved...To be fair, this actually makes far more sense then with King Arthur. Think about it, with all the technological advances Germany had-the Me 262 Swallow jet fighter, the far cheaper He 162 Salamander fighter, the Ar 234 Blitz bomber, the V1 cruise missile, the V2 Supersonic rocket, atomic bomb tech, and a bunch of other ideas-having those weapons be based on Cybertronian technology is not far fetched at all. If anything, it makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 12:04 pm

I just the 30th anniversary DVD of Transfomers: The Movie.

The Transformers Thread 101_1211

It even has a reversible cover with the original art

The Transformers Thread 101_1210

It has been at least 20 years since I've seem the entire thing and I have to say, this is far, far, FAR superior then the Michael Bay movies. I really like everything. The comedy is also pretty good. Especially the 30 second reign of Starscream before Galvatron blasts him to dust. That was funny. The music is also very good.

The only thing that doesn't get to me as much as it should have was the death of Optimus Prime. To be fair, I was more of a Beast Wars fan the the original G1 show and I always found the death of Dinobot to be more powerful. That said, I get why little kids were so upset. That and for a cartoon, this was surprisingly graphic and brutal. This was back when PG meant something. Get this movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 am

Transformers teaser trailer released. Predacons are pretty much confirmed!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Michael Bay says that this will be his last Transformers movie.

I know he said this after Transformers 4. At this point, I think he wants to leave, but Paramount is somehow forcing him to stay since they can't find anybody else.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Unicron, the evil Transformer god, may have morally corrupted Optimus Prime.

Here's proof of Unicron being in the movie.

The Transformers Thread Transformers-The-Last-Knight-Teaser-Trailer-Unicron

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 4:44 am

What's strange to me is that they're attempting to pull some emotions out of the audience based fact that Optimus Prime has gone missing (we see him throughout all the trailer) and has returned evil and now trying to kill Bumblebee. It's clear they're trying to play on the same "heroes fighting each other" schtick that Captain America: Civil War arguably did the best from last year, but every time I see Prime attack Bee, I don't feel anything because Prime had already fallen in Age of Extinction.

If there are any bona fide fans of the franchise on this forum I would like to hear your input on this, and whether or not other fans of the franchise will respond to this the way Paramount hopes other audiences will.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Optimus really did lose much of his morals in the last film by strongarming the Dinobots, especially Grimlock, into fighting for their cause after they were just released after being captured for who knows how long by the bounty hunter Lockdown. I know the situation that he was in, but come on. You just don't do that to prisoners that you just released! There had to have been a better way then that.

Maybe either Unicron or the Quintessions-the race that made the Cybertronians in the G1 cartoon and may be returning if Transformers 4 and the rumors are anything to go by-tapped into that and amplified his bad side after he died/shut down is space.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Travis Knight, the director of 'Kubo and the Two Strings' will direct the Bumblebee spinoff movie.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 9:48 pm

A Bumblebee spinoff. Fine. Okay. I guess.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Travis Knight, the director of 'Kubo and the Two Strings' will direct the Bumblebee spinoff movie.

Oh bugger me with a Raptor claw. WHY, Travis?!?

You're a stop motion genius, why waste your time and career on a glorified toy commercial that's going to wither and die between two beloved franchises? This just sucks big time.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 5:26 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Oh bugger me with a Raptor claw. WHY, Travis?!?

You're a stop motion genius, why waste your time and career on a glorified toy commercial that's going to wither and die between two beloved franchises? This just sucks big time.

I just think he's doing this just as a modified vanity project. I.E. To show that he can make a respectable Transformers movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2017 4:32 pm

It looks like we'll have Baby Dinobots a la Baby Groot, but Grimlock himself is unchanged.

Screen Rant thinks that the Dinobots have a 'baby Groot' form so that if their current bodies are destroyed/damaged beyond repair, then they have a Plan B which allows them to survive and grow back to normal. If this is true-and I'm willing to believe it-then it's safe to say that Grimlock wasn't caught up in whatever the rest of the Dinobots were since he's still normal. With that being said, he most likely has the same ability.

I hated how the Dinobots were treated in T4 and part of me is hoping that Grimlock kick's Optimus Prime's butt for payback. At least Grimlock will be treated with SOME respect in this movie.

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 am

Is anyone here (besides me) familiar with the 90s cartoon "Beast Wars Transformers"?

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 7:33 am

Minmi wrote:
Is anyone here (besides me) familiar with the 90s cartoon "Beast Wars Transformers"?

I certainly am, and I know Rhedosaurus is, with it's adult level writing and compelling characters, it was able to stay remembered years after I first saw it.

To me that was Transformers, and the G1 series was just an obscure cartoon that I had obliquely heard of as a kid but never saw. Ironically, it was because of the first Michael Bay movie that I looked up the original Transformers and gained a wider understanding of the franchise beyond Beast Wars.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm

Michael Bay has 14 more Transformer movies in store.

You know...*sigh*...I like the Transformers movies better then most. And I get that they are Paramount's main golden goose. But at some time, people are going to get sick of watching these movies the same way how people were sick of seeing bad Fantastic 4 movies, Fant4stic being the magnum opus of these.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 6:23 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

You know...*sigh*...I like the Transformers movies better then most. And I get that they are Paramount's main golden goose. But at some time, people are going to get sick of watching these movies the same way how people were sick of seeing bad Fantastic 4 movies, Fant4stic being the magnum opus of these.

Even with declining ticket sales in the US, the Transformers movies still inexplicably sell well overseas, with the most recent one getting by thanks to pandering to Chinese audiences. My grudge against Transformers: Age of Extinction extends to the point of resenting it for taking top place at the 2014 box office, over the last Hobbit movie. But even putting that aside, this is a franchise that really needs to stop right now because there is no good end in sight. I might even start to feel sorry for Michael Bay being trapped in this endless contract of alternating between bad but commercially viable TF movies and directing his own movies like 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Perhaps he should team up with Jerry Bruckheimer again, now that Disney no longer needs him to prop up their blockbuster event movies outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 7:55 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Even with declining ticket sales in the US, the Transformers movies still inexplicably sell well overseas, with the most recent one getting by thanks to pandering to Chinese audiences. My grudge against Transformers: Age of Extinction extends to the point of resenting it for taking top place at the 2014 box office, over the last Hobbit movie. But even putting that aside, this is a franchise that really needs to stop right now because there is no good end in sight. I might even start to feel sorry for Michael Bay being trapped in this endless contract of alternating between bad but commercially viable TF movies and directing his own movies like 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. Perhaps he should team up with Jerry Bruckheimer again, now that Disney no longer needs him to prop up their blockbuster event movies outside of Pirates of the Caribbean.

And even then, it's only a matter of time before the international sales start to plummet. Hollywood can't count on that strategy saving them forever. Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay together again in another project would be nice to see.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 11:35 am

Youre implying that 14 more Transformers movies are even going to be made.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
My god, what did the world ever do to Michael Bay to deserve this?

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Transformers Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next