Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 7:28 pm

David S. Goyer.... woof.

While the guy has contributed to the screenplays of some good to great superhero movies, I am convinced that the convoluted nature of Batman v Superman's plot (one's one personal feelings on that movie aside for the moment) lies squarely on him, to the point when an Oscar winner Chris Terrio wasn't able to escape a critical lashing.

A few have offered some defense for Goyer, saying that while he's not the best screenwriter he is a good ideas man, like George Lucas, and having him in the conceptual stage and then developing the ideas further from there could turn out a good product. And it's frustrating that in two movies penned by him without the Nolan brothers to help him that were criticized for their scripts they're still giving Goyer more shots at their DC properties, especially considering the disastrous results of Green Lantern in 2011. Again, WB are very hesitant about letting talent outside of their usual "fellowship" of producers and writers to work on these films, nevermind anyone who isn't Geoff Johns to help.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 8:48 pm

i started playing Batman: Arkham Origins for the first time today, after getting my copy around Thanksgiving

Deathstroke is a pain in the ass....

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Ben Affleck says he needs time to make the Batman movie.

I agree with this, but with WB playing catch-up with Marvel, I wonder if WB will actually give him more/enough time.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Osh- I thought Electrocutioner was tough. Razz But yeah, they have a challenge of not getting hit once by Deathstroke in the fight and it was a big fat can of NOPE.

Rhedo, maybe if they switch release dates but they set their schedule for like the next 4 years prematurely. It will be tough.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 8:49 pm

You know, I keep finding articles that cite "rumours and reports" claiming that both Wonder Woman and Justice League are "messes" and will tank with audiences and critics, just like Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad did. While said films were financial hits they were obviously very polarizing, I've come to like the Ultimate Cut of BvS but Suicide Squad remains as good as lost to me, and neither are as good as they could or should have been.

So with a track record like that, who can say that said unfounded "reports" are wrong? The same thing happened with that angry "Warner Bros employee" who ragged against WB for their recent questionable decisions, slamming Zack Snyder, Peter Jackson and the DCEU at large. But here's my question, why should we trust these fake reports??

A bad track record is one thing, but failure to provide solid, concrete proof like with Fant4stic and the build-up towards that trainwreck is another. At least with that film, the writing was on the wall, but with Wonder Woman, a film that WB and DC are pinning all their hopes on, it's damn near impossible to tell if said "rumours" are just that or if they have some truth to them. With Justice League, I can sort of understand with the quick response to the negativity of BvS and Snyder's desire not to get scorched again resulting in a rushed film, but these articles only drum up more negativity to the film prior to release and puts them at a severe disadvantage that might not even be warranted.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Scott B wrote:
Osh- I thought Electrocutioner was tough. Razz  But yeah, they have a challenge of not getting hit once by Deathstroke in the fight and it was a big fat can of NOPE.
i DID beat Deathstroke not long after i made that post. the NEXT major annoyance was Bane Razz Origins seems to paradoxically have an easier AND harder combat system than City (i can't remember Asylum's well enough to compare) in that it's easier to get combos but i'm also having alot of trouble fighting just regular thugs on the streets of Gotham because the countering and evasion seems kinda dodgy (maybe it's just the new controller i'm using, though)

i do admit to treading lightly around Electrocutioner at first, trying to figure out ways to get at him without being zapped like throwing batarangs and expecting him to charge (hah, pun XD ) at me at any moment. then i realized why he was literally all talk and no action XD

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:06 am

It looks like Jared Leto is still with WB as The Joker after all.

Dwayne Johnson, AKA The Rock, is getting a stand alone Black Adam movie.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 11:20 am

Ayer Would Make The Joker the Main Suicide Squad Villain If He Could Do It Again
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/805811-ayer-would-make-the-joker-the-main-suicide-squad-villain-if-he-could-do-it-again#hui0sMb3bslHaU1w.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 12:12 pm

I respect Ayer for owing up to the fact that Suicide Squad was... well, not exactly a critical darling. Personally, I've seen worse, but it's a shame because it could have been a bona fide surprise, but as is I don't see myself revisiting it in the future. Again, respect due to Ayer.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Looks like Batman vs. Superman might have a good chance to get a lot of Razzies with 8 nominations. To be fair, Zoolander 2 has 9 of them.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 2:12 pm

I dont take the Razzies seriously.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 4:18 pm

This year's Razzies lost me this year by nominating Ben Affleck for Worst Actor. I mean, seriously?? What the actual f**k?? Hate the writing, direction or Jesse Eisenberg's performance if you want, but Ben's Batman was not on anyone's list of problems with that film. Henry Cavill, I can sadly understand a little bit more, since he was very poorly used in the theatrical cut, and criticisms of being being wooden are rife. Still don't think he was Razzie worthy.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Ben Affleck was a terrible Batman. He shouldn't have been nominated for worst actor though since he was a supporting actor in BVS.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Suicide Squad got an Oscar nomination for best makeup.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well can't say I saw that happening.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well can't say I saw that happening.

I did think the makeup work on Killer Croc was exquisite, and the crazy designs of the other Squad members were morbidly interesting in their own way, but I never thought it would have been enough to warrant an Academy Award nomination.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Me neither. I know it was a profitable movie, but I never thought Suicide Squad of all comic book movies would ever get an Oscar nomination.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Well Joker, Croc and Quinn among others have extensive make up. so I mean it does make sense plus it could always be a weak year. I don't think it will win though. Oscars like to support one movie a year.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 9:29 pm

'The Flash' is in more trouble again.

Joby Harold is doing a page-one rewrite.

I don't know what a page one rewrite is, but if it's another name for a whole script rewrite, then I can't help but wonder if it's a matter of time before the whole thing gets thrown out.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 am

What's puzzling is that they've had a highly successful TV show for the Flash for some time now, and yet they aren't taking notes from what made that show work?

Who would have thought the Flash of all characters would prove so difficult for them to make a good film of?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 am

Or at the very least a respectable one. Ant-Man was one thing since it never had the mainstream media screen of the rest of the MCU heroes (and dark heroine Black Widow) but even that turned to be a respectable movie. Even without the TV show, The Flash has had quite bit of fame on TV.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
'The Flash' is in more trouble again.

Joby Harold is doing a page-one rewrite.

I don't know what a page one rewrite is, but if it's another name for a whole script rewrite, then I can't help but wonder if it's a matter of time before the whole thing gets thrown out.

A page 1 rewrite is redoing the whole thing all over again.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Thought as much. I can't help but wonder if WB is putting money in a failing project and would be better off using it to improve their existing projecting in the DCCU.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm

The Flash is too big to ignore. If it was Cyborg or Shazam, maybe but it isn't. It is like Marvel skipping Thor or Hulk. Granted they've only done one Hulk but they still did it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 pm

So basically, WB is forced to build this ship even it sinks. That sounds a lot like the DCCU in a whole nutshell so far.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Yeah pretty much. They kind of pigeonholed themselves by announcing the film schedule for like the next 5 years too.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:42 pm

They should just bite the bullet and postpone the Flash movie for by a year or more. Aquaman appears to be in clearer waters (pun intended). Their habit of announcing their movies without actually having a script or pre-planned deadline will continue to undo them unless they stop being so damn reactionary.

Wonder Woman could be the one film to change the conversation as far as DC success is concerned. But that's a lot of stakes to place on one movie, and I don't envy Patty Jenkins if it falls apart...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:53 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
They should just bite the bullet and postpone the Flash movie for by a year or more. Aquaman appears to be in clearer waters (pun intended). Their habit of announcing their movies without actually having a script or pre-planned deadline will continue to undo them unless they stop being so damn reactionary.

Wonder Woman could be the one film to change the conversation as far as DC success is concerned. But that's a lot of stakes to place on one movie, and I don't envy Patty Jenkins if it falls apart...

And even if Wonder Woman does turn out to be good, or at least respectable, there is always the chance of Justice League ruining that. Thankfully, Ben Affleck being promoted as EP lowered that chance quite a bit, but that chance never really died off considering how mixed of a bag Suicide Squad turned out to be and all the leaks that have come out about both Wonder Woman and Justice League.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:44 pm

i've said it before but Warner Bros. is really trying to do too much too fast

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 9:31 pm

The Batsuit that Michael Keton wore for 'Batman Returns' was sold at an auction for $41,250.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next