Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 9:29 am

It looks like Joss Whedon's reshoots were extensive. I.E. He practically remade the whole movie.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 3:33 pm

‘The Flash’: DC Film To Adapt Flashpoint Storyline

All who saw this coming, raise your hand and say "Called it!"

And yes, I called it too!

The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 3:53 pm

Ben is staying as Batman 

https://twitter.com/joblocom/status/888845160951435264
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Ben is staying as Batman 

Of course he would say that. It's his talking points given to him by WB. What else could he say, that it's true? That would be a PR nightmare that would utterly destroy that chances of Justice League doing well at the box office.

Here's the Midnight's Edge: After Dark roundtable talk about all this.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Ben is staying as Batman 

Of course he would say that. It's his talking points given to him by WB. What else could he say, that it's true? That would be a PR nightmare that would utterly destroy that chances of Justice League doing well at the box office.

Well yeah I agree I certainly wouldn't put it in stone lol. He's gone back on lots of stuff he's said.

But at this point it would be a huge embarrassment if he dropped out after saying live in front of hundreds of people that he would be "an ape for Matt Reeves" lmao. He was really enthusiastic. If he drops out after that statement it'll be hard to ever trust what they say about this universe again.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 11:14 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Ben is staying as Batman 

Well yeah I agree I certainly wouldn't put it in stone lol. He's gone back on lots of stuff he's said.

But at this point it would be a huge embarrassment if he dropped out after saying live in front of hundreds of people that he would be "an ape for Matt Reeves" lmao. He was really enthusiastic. If he drops out after that statement it'll be hard to ever trust what they say about this universe again.

I honestly thought that the success of Wonder Woman would somehow translate into Ben staying via giving him optimism too. I guess things were far too much for him. A shame really. I guess part of him wants to, but with that's happened to him this year and how unstable the DCMU has been, he might not have much of a choice but to.

I honestly believe that the mishandling of the DCMU is what's making WB take far better care of their Godzillaverse.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 7:23 am

I'm inclined to believe Affleck to an extent. Thing is, DC just announced the Flash film is Flashpoint, aka where the New 52 began in comics. Just saying, if Flash comes back to an altered reality and Batman suddenly looks different, I wouldn't be surprised.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 11:51 am

Wonder Woman 2 is officially confirmed.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Tom Felton Won’t Return as a Series Regular on The Flash Season 4
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/873873-tom-felton-the-flash-season-4#pXmM3E68PJOkGF12.99

Wonder Woman 2 To Release in December 2019
http://411mania.com/movies/wonder-woman-2-to-release-in-december-2019/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Here's concept art of what Ares almost looked liked in Wonder Woman.

Personally, I think Ares looks more like a Roman gladiator then a Greek god of war.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Personally, I think Ares looks more like a Roman gladiator then a Greek god of war.

Based on this concept art alone, I think I would have preferred this look of Ares a LOT more. The black face and red eyes reminds me of the novel description of the Witch King of Angmar from The Lord of the Rings, and would have made Ares legitimately frightening. A lot of people could not live down seeing an animated copy of David Thewlis face behind the helmet. I understood why they took that liberty, to give a human face to Diana's enemy, but this would have been more intimidating and would have invited less criticism.

The thing with the Olympian gods in DC comics is that they don't really look like their mythical counterparts, there are a lot of stylized features about them that do blend them into looking more Roman than Greek.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 5:58 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Based on this concept art alone, I think I would have preferred this look of Ares a LOT more. The black face and red eyes reminds me of the novel description of the Witch King of Angmar from The Lord of the Rings, and would have made Ares legitimately frightening. A lot of people could not live down seeing an animated copy of David Thewlis face behind the helmet. I understood why they took that liberty, to give a human face to Diana's enemy, but this would have been more intimidating and would have invited less criticism.

The thing with the Olympian gods in DC comics is that they don't really look like their mythical counterparts, there are a lot of stylized features about them that do blend them into looking more Roman than Greek.

That makes sense considering how the Romans basically used the same Olympian gods that the Greeks did. I personally like this version the best. The 'Evil Spartan' look I call it.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 79b0a4ef3f91df9a4dea428c6205846a

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Warner Bros. Considering ‘Formidable’ Oscar Campaign for Wonder Woman
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/874961-warner-bros-considering-formidable-oscar-campaign-for-wonder-woman#feFD4t0P6VJi3BPo.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 11:42 am

It looks like we're getting a Batman Beyond movie for the DCMU.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Are you sure that's what he said? The headline reads signed on to play the Batman in Matt Reeves trilogy and "Beyond", which implies that he will appear in more films than just the Reeves trilogy, possibly the Justice League sequel as well. It could be misdirection to keep people from questioning the stark possibility that he will exit the DCEU and a new actor will take his place. The article also doesn't source an extant article from any of the official movie reporting sites like Variety and Hollywood Reporter. Personally, I'm not buying it.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 11:44 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Are you sure that's what he said? The headline reads signed on to play the Batman in Matt Reeves trilogy and "Beyond", which implies that he will appear in more films than just the Reeves trilogy, possibly the Justice League sequel as well. It could be misdirection to keep people from questioning the stark possibility that he will exit the DCEU and a new actor will take his place. The article also doesn't source an extant article from any of the official movie reporting sites like Variety and Hollywood Reporter. Personally, I'm not buying it.

WB DC isn't exactly known for their PR skills as of the past few years.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Jaume Collet-Serra won't be directing Suicide Squad 2.

Just when WB had that one month of optimism and joy due to Wonder Woman, everything crashed and burned again...

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 8:37 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Just when WB had that one month of optimism and joy due to Wonder Woman, everything crashed and burned again...

I really fail to see how Jaume Collet-Serra's departure from the Suicide Squad gig is going to cast a pall of negativity over all things DC. He's a competent director but hardly a great one. Suicide Squad is not a hot property right now, it may have been a box office hit but most newcoming directors are naturally very wary of it. The success or failure of the sequel, at least in regards to becoming a quality film, did not rest on this one director. Simply put, nobody really cares about Suicide Squad, they care about Aquaman, Wonder Woman 2, The Batman, Flashpoint, Shazam and Green Lantern Corps.

On that note, we have Justice League and Aquaman head of us, and they are much more important to the future of the DCCU. If Justice League is divisive or gets a lukewarm reception (but again, still a financial hit), then Warner Bros will quickly get people to start talking about Aquaman and be able to bounce back. With all the reshoots that have been going on, the one big takeaway that I see in all this is that WB are not settling for sloppy seconds, they appear to be willing to put up the money necessary to fine tune this thing until they get it to a satisfying level, and if that involves increasing Wonder Woman's role or improving on dialogue scenes then make it so.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 8:50 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I really fail to see how Jaume Collet-Serra's departure from the Suicide Squad gig is going to cast a pall of negativity over all things DC. He's a competent director but hardly a great one. Suicide Squad is not a hot property right now, it may have been a box office hit but most newcoming directors are naturally very wary of it. The success or failure of the sequel, at least in regards to becoming a quality film, did not rest on this one director. Simply put, nobody really cares about Suicide Squad, they care about Aquaman, Wonder Woman 2, The Batman, Flashpoint, Shazam and Green Lantern Corps.

On that note, we have Justice League and Aquaman head of us, and they are much more important to the future of the DCCU. If Justice League is divisive or gets a lukewarm reception (but again, still a financial hit), then Warner Bros will quickly get people to start talking about Aquaman and be able to bounce back. With all the reshoots that have been going on, the one big takeaway that I see in all this is that WB are not settling for sloppy seconds, they appear to be willing to put up the money necessary to fine tune this thing until they get it to a satisfying level, and if that involves increasing Wonder Woman's role or improving on dialogue scenes then make it so.

It's just that this comes after Ben Affleck supposedly leaving the DCMU after Justice League that it comes across as more bad news after more bad news. Not only that, but there has been talk about Justice League having a budget of up to $500 million due to Joss Whedon's reshoots. Given how BvS had a budget that was $410 million, that's not as unlikely as people think. Not only that, but Aquaman isn't as well liked as either Batman or Superman. And let's face it, the DCMU doesn't have the goodwill that Marvel did to make both of the Guardians Of The Galaxy movies and Ant-Man-which had a troubled history not unlike JW did-work.

I really want this to work and I'm happy that WB finally got their debt cured via AT&T buying them. But this just seems like a lot to overcome.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm with Barry on this. I think it's better news. Although I have no hope for the film anyway.

But in other news.... Andrea Romano retires.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/31/legendary-voiceover-director-andrea-romano-retires
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Wonder Woman has made the $400 million dollar mark in the domestic box office. It's going to make over $800 million eventually.

This is great news for WB and the DCMU.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 7:21 am

It looks like that one women's only screening of Wonder Woman that the Alamo Drafthouse did were illegal after all.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 10:14 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like that one women's only screening of Wonder Woman that the Alamo Drafthouse did were illegal after all.

The Wonder Woman good news just keeps comin' in!

Seriously, that whole debacle was over the stupidest and most pointless nonsense you could foist onto an anticipated blockbuster. It was sexist enough without excluding the male workers at the Alamo Drafthouse drop out for those proposed showings.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Wonder Woman has made the $400 million dollar mark in the domestic box office. It's going to make over $800 million eventually.

This is great news for WB and the DCMU.

Good.

I have already had an argument with someone on Twitter who legitimately wants a black only, black panther screening.

It is ridiculous imo. Hopefully that will be the end of that.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Early cut of Justice League was deemed unwatchable and large changes were made.

Eh boy...

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 4:53 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Eh boy...

Uhhh, Rhedo, that link leads to an article called "Thank goodness! An oral history of ABC's TGIF" - its about Disney's television division featuring Bob Iger. There's nothing Justice League related anywhere.

But yeah... I read an article on a different website containing the same story. And now I consider myself back in the nervous phase of this lead-up to Justice League.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 12:32 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Eh boy...

Uhhh, Rhedo, that link leads to an article called "Thank goodness! An oral history of ABC's TGIF" - its about Disney's television division featuring Bob Iger. There's nothing Justice League related anywhere.

But yeah... I read an article on a different website containing the same story. And now I consider myself back in the nervous phase of this lead-up to Justice League.

Crap...Sorry about that. My bad. Razz

In any case, here's more news with the CORRECT link.

Justice League has been changed to give us more about Steppenwolf's origin and less about his nephew, Darkseid, coming to Earth.

It looks like Steppenwolf being the big bad if the DCMU peters out might be possible.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 4:12 pm

Karen Gillan Wants To Play The Joker In DCEU

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 5:22 am

clearly, she wants to be in an adaptation of Thrillkiller Wink Razz

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Casey says Ben isn't doing Batman. What is going on??

http://screenrant.com/ben-affleck-leaving-batman-casey-affleck-comments/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next