Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 6:41 pm

It looks like Joss Whedon only reshot 15-20% of Justice League.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 am

It looks like Man Of Steel 2 might not happen at all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 am

Looking at the first reactions to the Justice League Screenings last night...the reactions look pretty positive!

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 11:32 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

F*ck that.

(Not trying to be inflammatory, just royally pissed off, in denial, and at a loss for how to deal with a DC Films situation that doesn't involve Superman getting a solo film.)

The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 5:21 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

F*ck that.

(Not trying to be inflammatory, just royally pissed off, in denial, and at a loss for how to deal with a DC Films situation that doesn't involve Superman getting a solo film.)

If this is true, which it most likely is, then I see 2 things from this:

1. This is the start of the Batman centered DCEU as talked about in this video.

2. They have realized that Man Of Steel and BvS have destroyed this version of Superman beyond repair and that Justice League and MOS2 showing the 'REAL Superman' was simply too much hopeless optimism. I know there is talk about The Flash movie having a Flashpoint setting, which could ret-con all that, but considering how Fox did it first with 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' and had enough good faith with the fanbase via the first 2 X-Men movies and X-Men: First Class-something that the DCEU doesn't have outside of Wonder Woman-it might come across as a copycat.

I saw part of Man Of Steel a few months ago, and as much as I wanted to like it, for every part I liked, I saw 3-4 things I didn't. If MOS had the double fatality with Zod and Supes both dying, then MOS2 happening and the 'Real Superman' being shown in Justice League might have worked, but BvS was the death blow for an already crippled product.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:04 pm

How about we see Justice League in theaters before trash talking their version? I saw nothing about 'Man of Steel 2' being canceled or whatever. From what I hear, Superman's introduction in JL is well handled. (The LA premiere was yesterday)

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
How about we see Justice League in theaters before trash talking their version? I saw nothing about 'Man of Steel 2' being canceled or whatever. From what I hear, Superman's introduction in JL is well handled. (The LA premiere was yesterday)

This would be preferable.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 8:06 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

This would be preferable.

It's kind of hard not to be cynical about this version of Superman being in JL and suddenly buying him as the 'real' Superman, when MOS has been out for 4 years now and BvS is still fresh in people's minds. And the source I linked to is a pretty credible one.

In any case, we may know how he gets revived.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 3:02 am

Ive been sick and tired of people going  "NOT MUH SUPERMAN" ever since man of steel btw. 

Anyway from what I hear he is really good in Justice League

The Justice League embargo dropped, first reviews!

Heroic Hollywood: "Justice League is a really FUN time at the movies"
https://heroichollywood.com/justice-league-review/

JOBLO http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-justice-league-285

VARIETY: http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/justice-league-review-ben-affleck-gal-gadot-1202614266/

LA TIMES: http://beta.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-justice-league-review-20171115-story.html
"Justice League is a seriously satisfying superhero movie!"

As for the rest, I can say that the critics you can see they are really gleeful this time ...in attempting to kill the DCEU with their snide comments. And assigning blame to the very things they ignore in Marvel movies.

You can't tell me that the media isn't biased against the DCEU when I see lovely and charming bits like this in a review. 

""But it's ... fun! There are some great moments!" you may have read from the apology press, the increasingly identifiable group of chronically agreeable movie writers who've been carefully groomed by studios to say only nice things – or nothing at all – to keep the invites rolling in for early screenings, paid junket trips and red-carpet premiere parties."

(from Mashables stupid review)

EDIT: Joblo guy burned the mashable guy to the ground lol
https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/status/930707932857192448

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 8:29 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Ive been sick and tired of people going  "NOT MUH SUPERMAN" ever since man of steel btw.

Well, when you have Pa Kent Kent saying that Supes saving those kids from drowning might not have been for the best, him full grown not trying to lure Zod out someplace else instead of turning a fully inhabited city into a battlefield and making it look like Godzilla destroyed it, and him not having any heart and soul, except for his adopted mother and his biological father, it's hard not to blame people for saying just that. Even Henry Cavill himself kind of threw MOS under the bus.

Sickle_Claw wrote:
As for the rest, I can say that the critics you can see they are really gleeful this time ...in attempting to kill the DCEU with their snide comments. And assigning blame to the very things they ignore in Marvel movies.

You can't tell me that the media isn't biased against the DCEU when I see lovely and charming bits like this in a review.

Except that Wonder Woman was praised a lot by those same critics that didn't like the 3 DCEU movies before it. You say there's a bias against the DCEU as a whole, and maybe there is, but that's mostly WB's fault for basically rushing the whole thing and hiring a director that didn't really have a grasp on what made these superheros so famous.

If you like the first 3 movies in the DCEU, then more power to you. All I'm asking is that you see why many people don't.

Sickle_Claw wrote:
The Justice League embargo dropped, first reviews!

Heroic Hollywood: "Justice League is a really FUN time at the movies"
https://heroichollywood.com/justice-league-review/

JOBLO http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/review-justice-league-285

VARIETY: http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/justice-league-review-ben-affleck-gal-gadot-1202614266/

LA TIMES: http://beta.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-justice-league-review-20171115-story.html
"Justice League is a seriously satisfying superhero movie!"

In any case, it's good to know that Justice League is getting good reviews and that Wonder Woman was the start of the turnaround.

It looks like this may be Ben Affleck's final time as Batman.

Quote wrote:
“You don’t do it forever, so I want to find a graceful and cool way to segue out of it.”

So much for him denying those rumors at Comic Con.

Gal Gadot has confirmed that Brett Ratner has left Wonder Woman 2.

Good. Nice to see that she used her influence to remove him.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Jake Gyllenhaal, of all people, is probably going to be the new Batman for the Matt Reeves directed Batman movie. I never thought him of all people would be the replacement. Still, it's worth a fair shot.

And Justice League has a 38% RT score via 105 out of 168 critics not liking it.

Basically, it's better then most of the DCEU movies, but Wonder Woman which has a 92% RT score and a certified Fresh rating, is still the best hands down.

Joss Whdeon is getting ripped by fans for liking a Tweet that said that Steppenwolf is the worst comic book movie villain of all time.

You know...*grumpy sigh* Just when you think that Wonder Woman was the turnaround point for the DCEU, this happens...

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Stop listening to reviews. Ya know, people need to see movies for themselves instead of letting other people watch for them. I didnt read a single review and to be quite honest, I felt like Justice League wasnt a movie I'd be willing to spend money on, and actually pre-ordered at that to make sure I'd have a seat...but that movie blows BvS out of the water. Whatever changes they may of made, to ensure the movie wasnt as dark and serious...the movie is still very much dark in tone....just the comedic tone was bumped up a notch.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 5:07 pm

From what I've heard, Justice League is better then the first 3 DCEU movies, but it's not close to being the home run that Wonder Woman was.

In any case, Justice League might get an extended cut like BvS did.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/931288276060663808

Looks like RT was caught logging critics reviews for them without their consent!
(RE: the JL scores)

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
From what I've heard, Justice League is better then the first 3 DCEU movies, but it's not close to being the home run that Wonder Woman was.

In any case, Justice League might get an extended cut like BvS did.

It's a good movie. Not a masterpiece but a good movie. Like I said, stop letting reviews dictate everything.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Kevin Tsujihara, the CEO of WB, ordered that JL had to be roughly 2 hours or so.

Did they not learn anything from cutting BvS short and how the shortened cut that came out in theaters was worse then the extended cut?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Deadline says that Justice League needs to make $700-$750 million to make a profit.

Quote wrote:
I hear from credible financial sources who have sharp knowledge of Justice League‘s budget that if the film clears $700M-$750M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Kevin Tsujihara, the CEO of WB, ordered that JL had to be roughly 2 hours or so.

Did they not learn anything from cutting BvS short and how the shortened cut that came out in theaters was worse then the extended cut?

Maybe they are strongly banking on extended cut sales?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Maybe they are strongly banking on extended cut sales?

But that makes no sense. Even more so considering how the condensed cut of BvS was savaged by critics, fans, and the GA. Good movies are rarely cut, and when they are, very little is cut. And if anything else, from what I've been hearing from most is that this needed to be longer. More so with BvS getting so badly killed.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 am

I have no idea what those RT critics are on about. Steppenwolf isn't a captivating villain, but the amazing heroes was more than enough to negate that flaw. 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 11:29 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Deadline says that Justice League needs to make $700-$750 million to make a profit.

Quote wrote:
I hear from credible financial sources who have sharp knowledge of Justice League‘s budget that if the film clears $700M-$750M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much.

If that’s true not looking good. 96 million.
Quote :
The fifth movie in Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc.’s DC Films franchise, the big event superhero team-up movie, has now scored the lowest opening weekend of them all. Justice League just opened with $70 million less than Batman v Superman, $37m less than Suicide Squad, $32m less than Man of Steel and $7m less than Wonder Woman.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/19/justice-league-box-office-why-a-96m-debut-is-a-disaster/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 12:35 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I have no idea what those RT critics are on about. Steppenwolf isn't a captivating villain, but the amazing heroes was more than enough to negate that flaw. 7.5/10

Here's the problem. It needed to be better then just 'good'. It needed to be a 10, or at least an 8-9. This movie was supposed to be WB's 'Avengers'. This movie is supposed to be breaking records by now. It's not.

In any case, it looks like deleted scenes and scenes that were supposed to be longer have already been leaked online.

https://superherotalksite.wordpress.com/2017/11/19/read-zack-snyders-version-and-all-deleted-scenes-of-justice-league/

https://superbromovies.com/2017/11/19/deleted-scenes-for-justice-league-have-leaked/

If even half of these scenes really were shot/made shorted, then WB REALLY screwed up...again.

UPDATE: It looks like this 4Chan leak proves the 2 other sites are right.

I think this user might be a disgruntled WB employee like Stantz1984, the Sony employee who leaked GB2016 on Reddit, was.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Also most of the cringe lines in the movie /scenes were done by Joss whedon. 

Joss  Whedon added: Aquaman telling WW she was hot because of the lasso, had Flash face plant on WW chest, & added a weird scene with way more sexual tension than it needed between Batman & WW. Also that who scene with Martha & Lois with the lady talking about probing aliens and Martha saying Clark had said Lois was "the thirstiest girl he'd ever met"

The man is seriously messed up in the head and needs to be kept away from Batgirl.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Joss  Whedon added: Aquaman telling WW she was hot because of the lasso, had Flash face plant on WW chest, & added a weird scene with way more sexual tension than it needed between Batman & WW. Also that who scene with Martha & Lois with the lady talking about probing aliens and Martha saying Clark had said Lois was "the thirstiest girl he'd ever met"

The man is seriously messed up in the head and needs to be kept away from Batgirl.

He also wrote that one Wonder Woman script which was very sexist. Thankfully, it was thrown out. Not only that, but considering his recent scandal that happened early in the year, not to mention how WB might throw him under the bus, and he might not be back for a long time. So we won't have to worry about Whedon messing up a DCEU movie.

By the way, did you see Justice League yet? If so, what do you think of the deleted/shortened scenes?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

He also wrote that one Wonder Woman script which was very sexist. Thankfully, it was thrown out. Not only that, but considering his recent scandal that happened early in the year, not to mention how WB might throw him under the bus, and he might not be back for a long time. So we won't have to worry about Whedon messing up a DCEU movie.

By the way, did you see Justice League yet? If so, what do you think of the deleted/shortened scenes?

I just came back, I was disappointed that WB didnt trust Snyder. Its bad enough that his daughter died, but to see the studio completely fuck up his vision, shorten the movie, and write cringe dialogue...heartbreaking. 

My theory is that Snyder saw the reshoots and the exec meddling in, and he put the homeless guy in the front of the movie, the one with the sign saying 'I tried' to try to signal to the viewers that it wasnt his fault

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I just came back, I was disappointed that WB didnt trust Snyder. Its bad enough that his daughter died, but to see the studio completely fuck up his vision, shorten the movie, and write cringe dialogue...heartbreaking. 

My theory is that Snyder saw the reshoots and the exec meddling in, and he put the homeless guy in the front of the movie, the one with the sign saying 'I tried' to try to signal to the viewers that it wasnt his fault

To be fair, much of it was his fault via making MoS so divisive and with a lot of people outright hating BvS. With that being said, the fact that this could have been his comeback movie makes all this news via deleted scenes even worse.

With that being said, considering how Ben Affleck was promoted to Executive Producer of this movie, and how he's the hands-on super-director kind of EP, and how Snyder had to answer to him, I can't help but wonder how much of the movie was really Snyder's to begin with and how much of it was Affleck's.

As I said before, this was a serviceable 2 base hit, but it needed to be a home run like Wonder Woman was.

In any case, with Affleck gone from the DCEU, Snyder most likely going after this as well, and Whedon not coming back after the recent scandal, this movie is going to damage all 3 of those people. Even Kevin Tsujihara, the CEO of WB, may not last.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

While Justice League took the number 1 spot at the box office this weekend, it's not all good news. In fact...most of it is bad.

It had the worst opening weekend of any DCEU movie.

It may have made $94 million domestically instead of $96 million, which still would have been disappointing.

Ray Fisher (Cyborg) was mad at Joss Whedon and WB for cutting out much of his scenes and wore that one pro-Zach Snyder movie as a form of silent protest. This fits with the news about those deleted/extended scenes being removed form JL being leaked online. So I'm going to believe this.

And here's the icing on the cake. It could cost WB between $50-$75 million dollars.

Quote wrote:
All of this is before we count the studio's overhead costs, which if amortized against the picture would probably widen the Justice League loss by another $40 million. But for the sake of argument let's say that the incremental merchandise revenue I've temporarily set aside makes up half of that overhead cost, so the film's final loss works out to $75 million.

Finally, going back to that $150 million marketing expenditure, I know that the number is actually higher, but that Warner Bros’ marketing partners footed a big chunk of the bill. I’ll give the studio the benefit of the doubt and assume that its hard cash cost of marketing was $125 million. That brings the loss of the picture to $50 million.

*Rob Walker Chart Guy voice* As you can see, the chart says...

The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Est-profit-and-loss-superhero

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Justice League might cost WB as much as $100 million.

I knew that JL had an uphill battle, but I never thought that things would look this bad for the DCEU.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm

There was a rumor that Joss Whedon wasn't going to work on Batgirl, but that has been debunked.

A bit surprising considering the outrage over his rejected Wonder Woman script, his recent scandal, and him liking that anti-Steppenwolf tweet.

And Justice League didn't even make $94 million for it's box office debut, but $93.8 million.

It looks like a pure Zach Snyder cut of JL with mostly complete VFX and score exists.

It makes you wonder if this cut will make it out on a special edition release of JL via DVD.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:40 pm

It looks like Peter Jackson might direct Justice League Dark.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next