Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:36 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Disney Announces New Star Wars Forces of Destiny Animated Shorts
I am very excited for this! Very Happy

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Unused footage would have explained how Boba Fett's helmet got the iconic dent.
I'm just amazed at all the call backs they managed to fit into that one scene. EE-3 carbine, Jango's pistols, the dented helmet, I'm sure I'd find more if I looked!

Also, Rex's new Season 4 look suggests he is in fact who we all thought he was...
Spoiler:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 12:01 pm

TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:31 pm

I quite liked it, the teases it provided of what to expect from the characters and what their journeys could turn out to be were what got me excited. The music and cinematography, combined with Mark Hamill's narration was completely arresting! Especially Luke's words at the end....

However, I do wonder just how much this will err on the side of duplicating The Empire Strikes Back. They have a better director than J.J. Abrams in Rian Johnson. Also for a main character, I thought it was pretty damn strange to show Finn unconscious, rather than actively involved in the action.

Also one note of curiosity, I try not to put any stock into Star Wars rumours, but what do any of you guys think about this absurd notion of Rey falling to the Dark Side and the film-makers trying to redeem Kylo Ren, and all of this would be featured in Episode IX?

The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:39 pm

I see Luke is teaching her some lightsaber skills. Or at least someone's swinging swords in the distance while another is watching. But Yoda never instructed Luke in weapons. I thought this was supposed to be remake of Episode V, just like TFA was remake and R1 fan film of IV, what's going on with these slight deviations from the originals?  Razz

But meh. It was alright. Kind of lukewarm. I think the original TFA trailer was more interesting for what it was. But I'm sure there are 50,000 hyperbole reaction vids on youtube already. I'm just hoping there's another Rich Evans one. We need it. The universe needs it.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Mistral wrote:
I see Luke is teaching her some lightsaber skills. Or at least someone's swinging swords in the distance while another is watching. But Yoda never instructed Luke in weapons. I thought this was supposed to be remake of Episode V, just like TFA was remake and R1 fan film of IV, what's going on with these slight deviations from the originals?  Razz
Actually, Yoda did train Luke in lightsaber combat, it was simply cut from the final film:

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Most of the deleted scenes in Empire are utterly terrible, you know like Wampas invading the Hoth rebel base. Just terrible. I'm glad they were wise enough to get rid of them, for it resulted in majestic masterpiece of film making. I'm also happy that light saber scene was forgotten, as weapons shouldn't have been the focus of that training anyway.

And Yes, Obi-Wan did have Luke dodging those practice shots in New Hope, but that wasn't really related to lightsaber as much as it was to the general senses and feel of the Force. Also repeating that same sort of stuff would have been redundant in Empire, so there was no need for that either.

Obi-Wan said "this weapon is your life" in Clones, but that was typically terrible prequel line that made no sense anyway. Same with the scenes where the children are swinging their swords together in that class room or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 3:46 pm

I mean l liked it.... but I was quite underwhelmed tbh. Where as TFA and Rogue one had me immediately wishing it was December.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Maybe it's hard of Disney to concentrate making it stand out when they simultaneously have 57 other SW films rolling in the cinematic universe conveyor belt?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 4:38 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I quite liked it, the teases it provided of what to expect from the characters and what their journeys could turn out to be were what got me excited. The music and cinematography, combined with Mark Hamill's narration was completely arresting! Especially Luke's words at the end....

However, I do wonder just how much this will err on the side of duplicating The Empire Strikes Back. They have a better director than J.J. Abrams in Rian Johnson. Also for a main character, I thought it was pretty damn strange to show Finn unconscious, rather than actively involved in the action.

Also one note of curiosity, I try not to put any stock into Star Wars rumours, but what do any of  you guys think about this absurd notion of Rey falling to the Dark Side and the film-makers trying to redeem Kylo Ren, and all of this would be featured in Episode IX?

Kylo Ren being redeemed isnt absurd at all, especially when they showed him being unable to control his emotions in TFA. Could easily have him go off the deep end if Leia ends up being killed off in Episode 9.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Also one note of curiosity, I try not to put any stock into Star Wars rumours, but what do any of  you guys think about this absurd notion of Rey falling to the Dark Side and the film-makers trying to redeem Kylo Ren, and all of this would be featured in Episode IX?

Kylo Ren being redeemed isnt absurd at all, especially when they showed him being unable to control his emotions in TFA. Could easily have him go off the deep end if Leia ends up being killed off in Episode 9.

I saw Finn still being unconscious as a way to give Ray and Poe more motivation to fight. A personal meaning if you will.

As for Kylo Ren being redeemed, as I have read, he didn't feel complete after he killed off Han, but emptiness. It pretty clear that he's not quite as rage filled as Grampa Anakin secretly was. At least not yet anyway. Speaking of which, I found it odd that his helmet was destroyed considering how much he's worshiped by his grandson.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Mistral wrote:
Maybe it's hard of Disney to concentrate making it stand out when they simultaneously have 57 other SW films rolling in the cinematic universe conveyor belt?

Yeah that definitely has something to do with it for me. I remember even last year when I saw Rogue One that if felt weird seeing a SW movie in a theater one year after the last one(even though it's obviously not a mainline entry). 

I fear it will loose the magic for me quickly.

Edit: although deep down inside I do wish sometimes we could get all this JP spinoffs lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:29 pm

True dat. Cue in certain *endless trash* gif Razz

If we got cinematic universe JP spinoff movie, I'd jump in the well and sing to myself loudly.

Board room executive:
"Hey between our big episodic JP films, how about a standalone of Owen working in the raptor pen, training the beasts. We'll stretch a 150 minute film out of it, to set an origin story. Hell, let's make two of them. The second one will basically be a remake of Jurassic World, but make it another soft reboot so that you can technically claim it to be a new sequel. And then to finish off this Owen trilogy, the third one will be basically be prequel to the first standalone, origin story of the origin story, where we'll get a cameo by that guy who was on the subway in The Lost World. He's gonna like meet Owen in his bungalow and have couple of beers, and the guy's gonna tell all about Malcolm. The joke's gonna be, Owen doesn't know who the hell Malcolm is, but audience and everyone else does. It's a brilliant reference. The rest of the film, I don't know, Owen punches T-Rex in the face. It's gonna be great. And speaking of T-Rex, in the next stand-alone film we will follow what happened to her between the events of Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. You know, for the missing 20 year period. Such crucial part of the story that has been left unexplored for so long. We'll find out, like, what parts of the islands does she roam, and uhh, did the goat population survive after the first park? Something like that, something very safe, but not too safe. Our focus group really liked the Rex in the last test screening, so it's gonna be nothing but her in the entire film. I mean, other than for the first hour where you will have some exposition scenes in the mainland. Figure it out. And how about we have standalone film about Kelly, you know the black girl? But we don't have to have same actor, I mean the old one wouldn't have draw for target demographic group 19-35, so let's just put, I don't know, Jessica Alba in it. Whatever. There might be SJW attack after that for changing her skin color, so all the other characters should be black. Except throw in couple of asians, latinos, and others to smoothen it out. Equal diversity division between men and women too, we don't want to be offensive to any group. Anyway, so Kelly's, now a scientist lady person, is going to Isla Nublar, on a boat with her friends, to investigate new species of... some little dinosaur. That's popped out of somewhere. Who cares. Just fill it out with references and them escaping the dinosaurs like usual. Okay? So that's, what a dozen films for the first two and half years? Get to working guys, I want the next 20... well say 30 sequel scripts on my desk by tomorrow morning. We're gonna milk the crap out of this guys and gals."

Last edited by Mistral on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 6:32 pm

In his first Star Wars related appearance since 2002, Hayden Christensen got a standing ovation.

Carrie Fisher won't be in Star Wars: Episode 9.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 7:00 pm

Hayden wasn't a bad actor. Just miscasted, and his character terribly written by that hack. But at least he didn't get his (acting) life essentially ruined like Jake Lloyd did.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Mistral wrote:
Hayden wasn't a bad actor. Just miscasted, and his character terribly written by that hack. But at least he didn't get his (acting) life essentially ruined like Jake Lloyd did.
Wasn't the direction he got from Lucas rumored to be pretty awful too? 

I mean lots of incredible actors in the prequels have moments and lines where they are just SO wooden and cringe worthy imo. 

Although I gotta come out and admit ROTS is my favorite. I don't know why but I love that film to death.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
In his first Star Wars related appearance since 2002, Hayden Christensen got a standing ovation.

Damn how many times are they gonna change that story lol. 

But honestly I'm really glad. I hope they will tell us what her characters direction would have been like if she had not died.

I wonder if her character will die or if they will just send her off somewhere never to be seen again? What would you guys prefer?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Late to the party, but wow, that teaser was great. At first I was a little underwhelmed, because I didn't feel like it had that punch like TFA, between the first teaser with Kylo in the woods, and the second with "Chewie, we're home.". But after a few more watches, especially once I got off work and watched it properly on a computer screen, I'm really excited. Looks like it'll shape up to be much better than TFA.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

But honestly I'm really glad. I hope they will tell us what her characters direction would have been like if she had not died.

I wonder if her character will die or if they will just send her off somewhere never to be seen again? What would you guys prefer?

Some are thinking that Kylo Ren is gonna do her in like he did with his dad. If it's true, then its' going to be hard to see, but if Carrie Fisher agreed to it, then I guess we can live with it.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 6:33 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Some are thinking that Kylo Ren is gonna do her in like he did with his dad. If it's true, then its' going to be hard to see, but  if Carrie Fisher agreed to it, then I guess we can live with it.

The notion of Kylo being responsible for Leia's death, off screen or otherwise, would certainly make anyone who wanted to see him redeemed feel even more conflicted. We've talked about who this trilogy is about passing the torch from the original team (Luke, Han and Leia) to the new trio (Rey, Poe and Finn), but in that eventuality it's going to be tough to see these characters go. Lets see how well Rian and Colin handle the following episodes, because best of luck to the both of them and their respective teams.

The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 12:42 pm

The 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels will be the last one. It's also going to connect with Rogue One.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels will be the last one. It's also going to connect with Rogue One.
Figured. By the time of Season 4, the show was only months away from Rogue One/A New Hope, and Filoni had already expressed interest in connecting the show with Rogue One. Still, I swear if this show leaves more questions unanswered than it does answered, I'm not going to be happy with it. This show has been very disappointed when it comes to finite answers.

Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 1:43 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Unused footage would have explained how Boba Fett's helmet got the iconic dent.
you mean he didn't bump it against a door while entering a room? Razz 
The Star Wars thread - Page 10 B624b7076e390e6c243315a5008642d2
disappointed that Lando won't be showing up--i was expecting him to appear at least in a minor role as acting-Chancellor of the New Republic since he's one of the last living members of the old Rebel Alliance and actually does have experience as a governor since he used to run Cloud City and all

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 3:23 pm

RLM's newest sarcastic-tastic "Nerd Crew" episode "discussing" the Last Jedi trailer is out. It's about what you'd expect  Razz on side note I usually don't like their comment sections, you know because it's just a bunch of retard idiots repeating the same five meme jokes over and over in order to get their 30 seconds of fame on the internet... but I really have to agree with the "The best thing about Star Wars trailers are Nerd Crew episodes" and "i was literally more hyped for this than the actual trailer itself" lines, and the other ones like that. I haven't really cared a crap about SW films made after 1983 - or 1980 to be more specific - but they essentially gave us the RLM which I have to thank Lucas and now later the Disney board room eternally. I mean my fav stuff from them has nothing do with SW (Best of the Worst etc) but if it weren't for Star Wars they wouldn't be famous. Also it's one of the only reasons for me to watch these films now.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 pm

AT-AT's will be back in 'The Last Jedi'.

Hopefully, they are upgraded in some form. I'd have them have belly turrets, a rear gunner, side gunners, and a turret gunner on the back. You know, much like an American WW2 era heavy bomber.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Of course they will be, how else would the Empire / First Order strike back at the Rebel / Resistance / Republic forces and destroy that damned shield generator protecting their base of operations.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:29 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Figured. By the time of Season 4, the show was only months away from Rogue One/A New Hope, and Filoni had already expressed interest in connecting the show with Rogue One. Still, I swear if this show leaves more questions unanswered than it does answered, I'm not going to be happy with it. This show has been very disappointed when it comes to finite answers.

Tell me about it. I'm still pretty upset how they backtracked Maul. Despite some things I have said, I really didn't expect him to be redeemed, but he basically got over everything by his final appearance in TCW. While they have yet to say exactly what happened with Sidious, the follow-ups do show the rest of the Nightsisters wiped out, Savage was dead at the end of TCW, and he tooled around the galaxy for a while before stranding himself on Malachor, so I guess in his time alone he could've slipped back into craziness and felt like revenge was once again all he could think about. Coupled with the extremely quick nature of his death, I just felt like something was missing from all of it.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Tell me about it. I'm still pretty upset how they backtracked Maul. Despite some things I have said, I really didn't expect him to be redeemed, but he basically got over everything by his final appearance in TCW. While they have yet to say exactly what happened with Sidious, the follow-ups do show the rest of the Nightsisters wiped out, Savage was dead at the end of TCW, and he tooled around the galaxy for a while before stranding himself on Malachor, so I guess in his time alone he could've slipped back into craziness and felt like revenge was once again all he could think about. Coupled with the extremely quick nature of his death, I just felt like something was missing from all of it.      
Maul was supposed to duel Vader and die by his hand in the Season 2 finale, and it was Ahsoka's arc that would have been the one that got stretched out. Filoni then figured that a duel between Ahsoka and Vader would have been more profound, and he began pushing that idea throughout the season. I think after that they didn't know what to do with Maul, but knew they wanted him dead, so they took the cheapest way out they could find. TBH, the way that the crew talked about it since, what with the confirmation of the original episode being planned to have been 35 minutes, "Twin Suns" seems like it was it's own short arc that got butchered down to 22 minutes. Really sad, actually. I would have taken more of that episode over Singing Droids Lost in Space any Saturday. Now, according to this year's Celebration, it turns out that we're getting the extra Ahsoka after all. Not that I'm complaining. Razz

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Mistral wrote:
Of course they will be, how else would the Empire / First Order strike back at the Rebel / Resistance / Republic forces and destroy that damned shield generator protecting their base of operations.
Weren't the AT-AT's what those ships were flying towards in the new trailer?

I immediately thought of Empire lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Weren't the AT-AT's what those ships were flying towards in the new trailer?

I immediately thought of Empire lol

I'm sure they'll camouflage the new Hoth battle well enough

"Gamma Station 6-8. We're on our way. Oh right boys keep tight now."
"Poe, I have no approach vector! I'm not set!"
"Steady, Finn. Attack pattern Beta. Go now!"
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 am

Here’s Why Kylo Ren’s Scar is Different in The Last Jedi
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839783-heres-why-kylo-rens-scar-is-different-in-the-last-jedi#CYD2J07tDOg4c5gL.99

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 10 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next