Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

New archive footage of gold leader dropping the F bomb while filming! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BkVUTEBMzUk&ebc=ANyPxKonU8DdJahEfrHpa9o_ANPW-yzbqwgqmNW-tf0FJnyVdvpuJAG_Moc9v-R8tppjVJM2vq67OJT212T-lQcO4XdTNcxcCA&time_continue=56
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:18 pm

They should've used that shot of him swearing Rogue One. Then I could've seen the point in bringing him back, as it perfectly captures my emotions Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Mistral wrote:
They should've used that shot of him swearing Rogue One. Then I could've seen the point in bringing him back, as it perfectly captures my emotions Laughing

Lol yeah! Technically they are allowed one F bomb in there haha.

Why? You didn't care for that film either? I thought it was alright(great last 15 minutes).

But personally no desire to rewatch it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Lol yeah! Technically they are allowed one F bomb in there haha.

Why? You didn't care for that film either? I thought it was alright(great last 15 minutes).

But personally no desire to rewatch it.

I hated it

Only Attack of the Clones is worse
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Here’s Why Kylo Ren’s Scar is Different in The Last Jedi
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839783-heres-why-kylo-rens-scar-is-different-in-the-last-jedi#CYD2J07tDOg4c5gL.99

Not going to lie, that's going to bug the heck out of me.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 5:55 am

Kathleen Kennedy: Lucasfilm Has No Plans to Restore Theatrical Cuts of Original Trilogy

I've attempted to refrain from getting my hopes up for an HD release of the unaltered theatrical cuts of the Star Wars trilogy, but this is still a real bummer. To date, I still haven't bought any blu-ray releases of the original trilogy (never-mind the prequels, even though I do kinda like Episode III) precisely because I find the constantly changing iterations of the trilogy in poor taste. From the moment Sebastian Shaw was replaced as Anakin I decided enough was enough, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The one silver lining in all of this is shown here: "Kennedy reportedly revealed that there isn’t technically an agreement in place that prevents Lucasfilm or Disney from opting to restore the theatrical cuts, so perhaps she — or someone else high up in the corporate food chain — will eventually change their mind on the subject."

At any rate, lets hope the higher ups at Lucasfilm can consider this more seriously in the future, because there IS a strong demand for the original cuts.

The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 8:13 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Kathleen Kennedy: Lucasfilm Has No Plans to Restore Theatrical Cuts of Original Trilogy

I've attempted to refrain from getting my hopes up for an HD release of the unaltered theatrical cuts of the Star Wars trilogy, but this is still a real bummer. To date, I still haven't bought any blu-ray releases of the original trilogy (never-mind the prequels, even though I do kinda like Episode III) precisely because I find the constantly changing iterations of the trilogy in poor taste. From the moment Sebastian Shaw was replaced as Anakin I decided enough was enough, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The one silver lining in all of this is shown here: "Kennedy reportedly revealed that there isn’t technically an agreement in place that prevents Lucasfilm or Disney from opting to restore the theatrical cuts, so perhaps she — or someone else high up in the corporate food chain — will eventually change their mind on the subject."

At any rate, lets hope the higher ups at Lucasfilm can consider this more seriously in the future, because there IS a strong demand for the original cuts.
Wow...

I'm never buying them then
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 9:06 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Meh. Some of my best memories are seeing the Special Editions in theaters back when I was 8, and with the exception of "Nooooo" in RotJ, none of the edits have ever really bothered me. They were Lucas' movies, he was allowed to do what he wanted with them. I still love them, and I don't think I'll ever be bothered if the original cuts don't come out.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Meh. Some of my best memories are seeing the Special Editions in theaters back when I was 8, and with the exception of "Nooooo" in RotJ, none of the edits have ever really bothered me. They were Lucas' movies, he was allowed to do what he wanted with them. I still love them, and I don't think I'll ever be bothered if the original cuts don't come out.

I'm one of those weird people that actually likes the prequels. But really wants those originals as an option(Monkey face emperor and all)....  that way nobody would lose out on anything. I just simply can't buy them or watch them any other way. A hang up I have. 

Also how do you guys feel about Star Wars moving to May?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Every single film before Disney took over was released in May, so it's nothing new

Except now there's new film every year, maybe even two, and it will get beyond tiring. Well for me it already is, but as I said on the other thread I'm leaning towards only watching the episodic films from now on. Not that there's gonna be absence of those either...
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Yall hear about 'dem rumors?
Spoiler:

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 11:29 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Every single film before Disney took over was released in May, so it's nothing new

Except now there's new film every year, maybe even two, and it will get beyond tiring. Well for me it already is, but as I said on the other thread I'm leaning towards only watching the episodic films from now on. Not that there's gonna be absence of those either...
Wait. Is there a source saying we will eventually get 2 per year possibly?
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 11:42 pm

Spoiler:

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:59 am

I have a question for everyone. Even though, yes, technically it still exists and all, what are you're 3-5 biggest things that upset you because they were wiped from canon when Disney restarted everything.
I'll start with my least to greatest (though doing only 5, they all matter).

5. Shadows of the Empire. This is going to sound weird, but I'm a big fan of Dash Rendar. Sure, he's a Han Solo clone, with Chuck Norris looks and a suit that looks like it came out of a 90's Rob Liefeld comic, but I played the heck out of the N64 game as a kid, and in doing so made me like the guy. Plus I had the Hasbro figure (still do!) and his ship. That said, I also like the novel bridging Empire and Jedi, and think it should be kept around.

4.Mara Jade. Again, she may be a bit overrated, but Mara Jade was probably the EU character I ended up loving most behind Kyle Katarn. Part of that was I had the very first EU wave of figures backs in the mid-90's, and she was a new badass female force user. I know she died in the EU eventually, but I still would rather have had her existed than not at all. With Thrawn brought into canon, maybe she will be in some form too.

3. Han and Leia's marriage. Say what you will about the things the things they did with the characters, and the fact several of our heroes still had some very unhappy times, but through to the end of the old EU, Han and Leia were a happily married couple. My biggest issue with TFA is we never even had mention if they were married, just they were together, had a son, that son fell to the dark side, and neither of them could deal so they split up and went their separate ways. WHICH I HATE. I like TFA, I don't have that big n issue with it, but if there is one problem I have it's, the unhappy ending s they through on all our heroes. This is the biggest one for me.

2. The Clone Wars micro-series. While over the top, this was some great work done in a very small space. Tartakovsky always does great work, and him and his team made me very happy while waiting for Revenge of the Sith years ago. It still fits with the new TCW as well, a sit introduces Ventress, shows Anakin being knighted (something TCW skipped over), and eventually skips to the Battle of Coruscant which TCW never made it to.

1. Kyle Katarn. I've argued with people over his importance in the saga, and whether he was a good character, and well, I played 4 games with him and loved him, and I hate he's been wiped and so far has been a thing not returned in the new-EU.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:46 am

Troyal1 wrote:

Well isn't the premiere of Han Solo Anthology-whatever just 5 months after Episode 8 already? That's 2 within a year.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:10 pm

Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Well isn't the premiere of Han Solo Anthology-whatever just 5 months after Episode 8 already? That's 2 within a year.

While they technically fall in separate years, that is a good point. I think it's the only time it'll happen for a while though.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Rian Johnson's story treatment for Episode IX won't be the basis for the film

I really have to wonder how this is going to pan out. Johnson is generally regarded as a better writer and director than Trevorrow, and I am of still fairly mixed opinions of Derek Connolly, so just how closely the folks at Lucasfilm are going to watch this script and production will be interesting. Even more so considering this will not feature Leia and might have to deal with her absence as tastefully and smartly as possible.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 12:49 pm

RLM just posted commentary track for Rogue Bore. There's a dead horse in it.
https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/track/star-wars-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-commentary-track

Holy ecstasy, Kristen Wiig! My Saturday is saved!

The Star Wars thread - Page 11 200
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:10 pm

Mistral wrote:
RLM just posted commentary track for Rogue Bore. There's a dead horse in it.
https://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com/track/star-wars-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-commentary-track

Holy ecstasy, Kristen Wiig! My Saturday is saved!

The Star Wars thread - Page 11 200

I'll never agree with RLM. I love the prequels and I love Rogue One and no matter how many people tell me to listen to RLM, I just won't agree. That's the beauty of opinions though.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 3:14 pm

IT BROKE NEW GRROOUUUNNDD!

Listening to it right now. I loved Rogue One but I also love RLM.

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 4:03 pm

It was great to watch the film for the second time. I mean it was just as terrible as the last time, because I very much find it to be piece of crap fanservice galore, but the commentary elevated it to very much watchable. Thank you RLM. I'd never ever endured this thing again otherwise.

There are some juicy snags at Trevorrow and yes-man directors during the final battle btw if you haven't listened yet.

And no as I've said before  I don't agree with them all the time, not even most the time. It's probably 50% with Mike and only 25-40% with Jay (especially since I don't really care about horror), but even when I don't agree I can't see the points behind most of the time. It's the portrayal more than the actual opinions anyway.

Btw it's nice of them to continue with commentary tracks. Their newer show re:View had gotten me bit worried that these tracks would be done for good, and in 2016 they did only 2 commentaries (Masters of the Universe + Gremlins) after as much as 6 in 2015. It's my favorite property of theirs after Best of the Worst.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Mistral wrote:
It was great to watch the film for the second time. I mean it was just as terrible as the last time, because I very much find it to be piece of crap fanservice galore, but the commentary elevated it to very much watchable. Thank you RLM. I'd never ever endured this thing again otherwise.

There are some juicy snags at Trevorrow and yes-man directors during the final battle btw if you haven't listened yet.

Well, you're not exactly alone; youtube critic Chris Stuckmann's extensive essay and frequent digs at Rogue One on Twitter were hard not to notice. Truth be told, I'm tired of arguing about Star Wars, that's why I'm on a bit of a Ray Harryhausen and 2D DreamWorks Animation kick.

Also, out of curiosity, what sort of snags/digs does RLM make towards Trevorrow and other directors-for-hire? I only ask because I'm really as much of a RLM fan as I used to be and I'm not really interested in their commentary.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 5:34 pm

My problem with Rogue One is that I simply HATED every character besides the father who helped build the Death Star. 

I didn't feel like they did a good job of making it feel like a war film, and honestly, I hate to go "there" but my dislike for the characters also stretches to them not really feeling like a team.... which reminded me a lot of suicide squad(es I'm going there lol) and the way it handled its team aspect(which was awful imo). 

Now I think Rogue one is leagues better than SS. But I think tons of its flaws are glossed over just because you get to see all that beautiful Star Wars Nostalgia on screen. 

Not hating on anyone who loves the movie but that's how I felt about it. Also I like the end scene but I do take some issue with it. I think it would have been better to have our main characters, or atleast some of them be cut down by Vader. And then at the end the scene changes way too fast from horror to hope. It feels jarring everytime I see it. 

I give it like a 6/10 at most. This movie is built around the team and mission, and because that didn't work for me, the film didn't work for me besides a few standout moments.

Edit @TheDreamMaster I've gotten to where I like the prequels too. More than TFA anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 5:55 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Also, out of curiosity, what sort of snags/digs does RLM make towards Trevorrow and other directors-for-hire? I only ask because I'm really as much of a RLM fan as I used to be and I'm not really interested in their commentary.

Well this is my attempt of doing a transcript of that exchange. Keep in mind that I'm not fluent at english so it took over an hour to write it down and it is probably not 100% accurate as far grammar goes. Also I didn't get one name Jay says and what Rich says in one instance

Mike: "--I don't know who to blame here."
Jay: "I... yeah. I wanna blame Gareth Edwards on the tone. But then you think about all the re-shoots, like how many other people were responsible for that. But I mean seeing Gareth Edward's other movies, this is right in line with that. Which is you know fine visuals but incredibly boring and you don't care about the characters. That was his Godzilla movie too."
Mike: "Yeah... umm, but yeah they said they were like 'We put him in this movie Monsters, and then we all walked out of the meeting and said, yep that's the guy we want to direct the film...'"
Jay: "Hmm."
Mike: "... like for some reason. I don't know"
Jay: "Well the whole idea with that movie is that it's clever film making because you rarely see the monsters. It was done next to like no budget. Umm and I think, I could be wrong, but I think he did all the visual effects himself? Like he's one of those kind of like DIY film makers? Umm. But I don't see how you can get anything out of that movie that would make you think he should helm a 200 million dollar blockbuster. But that's what they do all the time now! They take all these people that make a little indie film, and then their next film immediately is like a blockbuster. And I think it's because they can boss them around easier that way."
Mike: "Yeah, that's what I was going to say."
Jay: "Josh ... (???), they did that with, the, what's his face, the guy who did Jurassic World."
Mike: "Yeah, you want someone who's competent but is also a yes-man."
Jay: "Yeah."
Mike: "You know, you know and who probably works for less than a, Spielberg, or you know a, James Cameron. Like really it would be like - okay. And someone like that too would also have the gravitas to be like 'No that's stupid. --'"
Mike: "-- I'm not putting in cartoon Grand Moff Tarkin. He's not in the movie, f*ck you'"
Jay: "You want someone that will keep the movie on track, but if you decide you want to reshoot 50% of it, will go along with it..."
Mike: "Yes yes."
Jay: "... and not put up a fight, or fight for his artistic vision."
Mike: "Yes, that's exactly what you want in film maker. Someone who will not put up a fight for their artistic vision."
Jay: "This is pure speculation but I'm guessing there's a reason why JJ Abrams didn't want to do more Star Wars movies after the Force Awakens."
Mike: "Yeaaaah."
Jay: "For someone who was a huge Star Wars fan."
Rich: "*Agreement*"
Jay: "You would think he would want to stick with that. But he didn't. He was done. One and done."
Rich: [in sarcastic nerd voice] "But the Star Wars films have had different directors"
Jay: "That's true. I mean I'm not gonna argue that, but he seem to... I don't know. You don't hear him talking too excitedly about working on Star Wars anymore. Once the movie was done I think he was just kind of done with it."
Rich: "(???) -- troubling to me"
Mike: "He did two Star Trek movies even. And he doesn't even like Star Trek. He was like 'I have to go watch it before I said I made those movies'. Probably a little more creative freedom there."
Jay: "I'm actually looking forward to Last Jedi because I think Rian Johnson is more interesting film maker than JJ Abrams. But then man that third movie is Colin Trevorrow. Who I guess directed your favorite movie Jurassic World, but that's got me worried."
Mike: "Oh yeah... they're all gonna look and feel the same Jay."
Jay: "That's probably true."
Mike: "They will all look and feel like all the movies have already."
Jay: "Okay."
Mike: "You're not gonna get a Irvin Kershner again."
Mike: "They're all going to be Richard Marquand".
Jay: "Oh nooooooooooooo!"
Mike: [in british accent] "'I will do everything you say George! Of course, whatever you say, whatever the committee says, I'll do!' --"
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Thank you for the transcription! English might not be your first language (which to be honest, I did not know in the slightest!) but you're just as fluent as any one of us here. Wink

After giving it a read, it's not really as shocking as I expected. I've certainly read worse on a variety of different websites. Okay so they compared Trevorrow to Richard Marquand... Honestly, I've heard worse. And to be honest, with Kathleen Kennedy being labelled as the "Kevin Fiege of Lucasfilm", there is a certain element of executive decision-making rather than old fashioned auteur-ship. Though I agree with them about Rian Johnson being the most experienced and talented of the three chosen directors.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Well they are giving comedic element to the discussion while still being honest about it. And as much as they disliked the film, none of them even said they directly hated it (like I Razz). If they were sellouts like Screen Junkies or whoever they'd probably shout polarizing opinions all around just because

And yeah I guess my written english alright, I mean all I did was copy it from audio lol, but spoken not so much lol
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Wow. What is about people on Reddit who just can't take opinions? @Mistral

They are roasting the hell out of RLM and saying they are bullying people for not liking a movie! No they are not! It's their opinion. I literally just posted that I found their views a breath of fresh air and that by callithrm idiots, you're doing the same thing you claim they Do! 

I just got downvoted to hell for saying basically " I love their videos as they are breath of fresh air and remind us that different opinions can exist. Everyone I know in the real world thinks Rogue One and TFA are either 10/10 or 1/10. So it's nice to see some middle ground thoughts". I even posted that I was going to give the last Jedi a chance and was looking forward to seeing it.

I guess I will just never understand why people get so upset over such a benign comment as the one I made or a review video. It won't stop them from loving SW. And yes I realize I'm a bit of a hypocrite for actually taking the time to care enough to write this post about downvotes from anonymous people lol. 

I just wish people didn't view a difference of opinion on a FILM as an attack on their character lol.

Edit: this is why I was sad IMDB got knocked down. Neither fanboys or haters could downvote or upvote you, so your voice was heard no matter what!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 7:03 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Thank you for the transcription! English might not be your first language (which to be honest, I did not know in the slightest!) but you're just as fluent as any one of us here. Wink

After giving it a read, it's not really as shocking as I expected. I've certainly read worse on a variety of different websites. Okay so they compared Trevorrow to Richard Marquand... Honestly, I've heard worse. And to be honest, with Kathleen Kennedy being labelled as the "Kevin Fiege of Lucasfilm", there is a certain element of executive decision-making rather than old fashioned auteur-ship. Though I agree with them about Rian Johnson being the most experienced and talented of the three chosen directors.
Sorry for the double post but fun little fact. In the last days of IMDB(probably like 2 days before the boards closed). It dawned on me I had never checked Colin's page. 

The last message that had been posted was "this guy is the next Richard Marquand!!!" lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2017 7:04 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Sorry for the double post but fun little fact. In the last days of IMDB(probably like 2 days before the boards closed). It dawned on me I had never checked Colin's page. 

The last message that had been posted was "this guy is the next Richard Marquand!!!" lol.

Lol that is epic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 11 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next