Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)
 
Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

 

 The Overall Disney Thread

Go down 
+15
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
tigris115
CT-1138
Dead2009
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Dr. Wu
Oshronosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 7:12 am


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Disney’s Pirates Reboot Hits Snag As Deadpool Scribes Exit
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1039669-disneys-pirates-reboot-hits-snag-as-deadpool-writers-exit#5xP6mxxvshO8a3WO.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 6:34 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4956
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm

It looks like the Dumbo movie SERIOUSLY underperformed.

Between this and how the Aladdin movie has been ripped apart by the internet for a while, and may even bomb, it looks like The Lion King remake might not be as profitable as Disney hopes.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138


Posts : 1007
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the Dumbo movie SERIOUSLY underperformed.

Between this and how the Aladdin movie has been ripped apart by the internet for a while, and may even bomb, it looks like The Lion King remake might not be as profitable as Disney hopes.

All these remakes have been rather pointless. I'm really hoping at some point Disney realizes how creatively bankrupt this all is and scraps them.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 IxTwoGb
Back to top Go down
http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 8:31 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 3:40 pm

Toy Story 4 Was Secretly Being Written Before Toy Story 3 Released
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/1075937-toy-story-4-was-secretly-being-written-before-toy-story-3-released#dCXFXxVc0fy35MSQ.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 12:17 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138


Posts : 1007
Reputation : 59
Join date : 2012-04-06
Location : Chicago

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 2:28 pm

This one looks so much better than the first.

_______________
SOMETHING HAS SURVIVED
The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 IxTwoGb
Back to top Go down
http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 12:36 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009


Posts : 2366
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2019 8:48 am

Sarah Jessica Parker Confirms Cast’s Return For Hocus Pocus 2
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1108174-sarah-jessica-parker-confirms-return-for-hocus-pocus-2#ELG1oOobFp2ESkvZ.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Firestarter (2022).
Last TV Show Watched: Archive 81 (S1:E7).
Last Video Game Played: Blair Witch (XBO).
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4956
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2020 3:37 pm

It looks like Disney is in bigger trouble then we thought.


_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society


Posts : 307
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2018-02-22

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2020 2:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Disney is in bigger trouble then we thought.


You really trust the word of someone calling himself Doomcock? This guy is a liar who hides behind a mask and manipulates the emotions of his viewers for profit. I don't believe anything that comes from his awful mouth. His "sources" are fictitious, his information made up. The sequel trilogy is not getting erased.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4956
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 7:50 am

The Malone Society wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Disney is in bigger trouble then we thought.


You really trust the word of someone calling himself Doomcock? This guy is a liar who hides behind a mask and manipulates the emotions of his viewers for profit. I don't believe anything that comes from his awful mouth. His "sources" are fictitious, his information made up. The sequel trilogy is not getting erased.


Much of what he said has been right before. Not only that, but Hollywood also denied the Synder cut existed. And with fewer people getting into SW then they did even 5 years ago, something needs to change. After all, if Fox can ret-con X-Men 3 out of existence...

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 4:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Malone Society wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Disney is in bigger trouble then we thought.


You really trust the word of someone calling himself Doomcock? This guy is a liar who hides behind a mask and manipulates the emotions of his viewers for profit. I don't believe anything that comes from his awful mouth. His "sources" are fictitious, his information made up. The sequel trilogy is not getting erased.


Much of what he said has been right before. Not only that, but Hollywood also denied the Synder cut existed. And with fewer people getting into SW then they did even 5 years ago, something needs to change. After all, if Fox can ret-con X-Men 3 out of existence...

Not only that but when you compare the overall interest in Star Wars from 2015 untill today it is like day and night. Right before the release of the Force Awakens almost the entire world was in an almost honeymoon stage with Star Wars. Thrilled that they were getting much more of what they loved. Countless threads were dedicated to theories of what would happen. Now compare that to when The Last Jedi was released up untill now. A significant portion of the fanbase wants nothing to do with Star Wars since The Last Jedi, another portion had no interest in Solo and made it flop, and the remaining fans were more scared than optimistic about The Rise of Skywalker. Wich like you very well said, did not seem to make more people interested in Star Wars.

I have been a fan of the franchise since 1997 and I have never seen it so dead. Star Wars almost seems like an afterthought these days.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4956
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Malone Society wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Disney is in bigger trouble then we thought.


You really trust the word of someone calling himself Doomcock? This guy is a liar who hides behind a mask and manipulates the emotions of his viewers for profit. I don't believe anything that comes from his awful mouth. His "sources" are fictitious, his information made up. The sequel trilogy is not getting erased.


Much of what he said has been right before. Not only that, but Hollywood also denied the Synder cut existed. And with fewer people getting into SW then they did even 5 years ago, something needs to change. After all, if Fox can ret-con X-Men 3 out of existence...

Not only that but when you compare the overall interest in Star Wars from 2015 untill today it is like day and night. Right before the release of the Force Awakens almost the entire world was in an almost honeymoon stage with Star Wars. Thrilled that they were getting much more of what they loved. Countless threads were dedicated to theories of what would happen. Now compare that to when The Last Jedi was released up untill now. A significant portion of the fanbase wants nothing to do with Star Wars since The Last Jedi, another portion had no interest in Solo and made it flop, and the remaining fans were more scared than optimistic about The Rise of Skywalker. Wich like you very well said, did not seem to make more people interested in Star Wars.

I have been a fan of the franchise since 1997 and I have never seen it so dead. Star Wars almost seems like an afterthought these days.

I can testify to this. I work in retail and other then the classic characters like Darth Vader and so on, very few of the new toys are sold. The shelves are still quite full. Say what you what about the prequels, but for all of their faults, at least they had originality and a vision behind them. The sequel trilogy lacks that.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Malone Society wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Disney is in bigger trouble then we thought.


You really trust the word of someone calling himself Doomcock? This guy is a liar who hides behind a mask and manipulates the emotions of his viewers for profit. I don't believe anything that comes from his awful mouth. His "sources" are fictitious, his information made up. The sequel trilogy is not getting erased.


Much of what he said has been right before. Not only that, but Hollywood also denied the Synder cut existed. And with fewer people getting into SW then they did even 5 years ago, something needs to change. After all, if Fox can ret-con X-Men 3 out of existence...

Not only that but when you compare the overall interest in Star Wars from 2015 untill today it is like day and night. Right before the release of the Force Awakens almost the entire world was in an almost honeymoon stage with Star Wars. Thrilled that they were getting much more of what they loved. Countless threads were dedicated to theories of what would happen. Now compare that to when The Last Jedi was released up untill now. A significant portion of the fanbase wants nothing to do with Star Wars since The Last Jedi, another portion had no interest in Solo and made it flop, and the remaining fans were more scared than optimistic about The Rise of Skywalker. Wich like you very well said, did not seem to make more people interested in Star Wars.

I have been a fan of the franchise since 1997 and I have never seen it so dead. Star Wars almost seems like an afterthought these days.

I can testify to this. I work in retail and other then the classic characters like Darth Vader and so on, very few of the new toys are sold. The shelves are still quite full. Say what you what about the prequels, but for all of their faults, at least they had originality and a vision behind them. The sequel trilogy lacks that.

Yeah even though from 2006 to 2015 many youtubers and internet articles made it seem like everybody hated the prequels and made it "cool" to hate on them, the fact remains that even with all of that they still have a HUGE fanbase wich kept growing and ever since The Last Jedi their popularity skyrocketed to the point where an entire generation is really nostalgic about them often naming them one of the coolest things of their childhood and even the longtime fans who have been around since the beginning now often praise them for having a coherent well though out outline that opens up the universe and thus not a copy of the original trilogy.

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4956
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2022 10:38 pm

Florida legislature has taken away Disney's speical privileges away.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61179262

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4956
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2022 4:38 pm

Florida governor Ron DeSantis signed the bill that takes away Disney's special self-governing powers.

https://apnews.com/article/business-travel-florida-orlando-ron-desantis-5bbb7bd13c5357877f999aab96b33651

Update: Disney stocks are going down as a result of this. They've already lost 31% of their stock and are set to be some of the worst of 2022.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10743089/Disney-stocks-tumble-31-set-stripped-special-privileges-Florida.html

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus


Posts : 4956
Reputation : 140
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Armada, Michigan

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2022 2:55 pm

Things are only looking worse for Disney.

_______________
The undisputed dominant predator of Jurassic Mainframe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton




If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch


Posts : 586
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2017-05-28

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2022 1:17 am

Kenobi seems to be not so well recieved because yet again they created even more plot holes

_______________
Link to the T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 3 petition that Colin Trevorrow noted. We hope everyone joins and help us share it.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society


Posts : 307
Reputation : -8
Join date : 2018-02-22

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 8:53 pm

Not really. If anything, it's filling in plot holes that were created by the disconnect between the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy while building on the context of the prequels and recontextualizing the original trilogy. It's actually been relatively well-received, especially the most recent episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
The Overall Disney Thread
Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Similar topics
-
» "Jurassic World" The Disney Song! - TOON SANDWICH
» The Ghostbusters Thread
» How Was Your Day thread
» The Non-JP Toy and Model Thread.
» Automobile Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe :: The Lounge :: Off-Topic Discussions :: General Film Discussion-
Jump to: