Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Overall Disney Thread

Go down 
+15
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
tigris115
CT-1138
Dead2009
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Dr. Wu
Oshronosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 1:43 pm

The B&B live action reboot will have LGBT character.

If this was an original movie, then I wouldn't mind. But putting it in a reboot of a beloved Disney classic, no thanks. I wasn't fond of this and now I'm hoping it underperforms.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 2:48 pm

The sad thing, it IS going to perform like crazy, it would take toxic word of mouth to take the wind out of the film's sails. Its certainly not going to stop the conveyor belt of Disney remakes. But worse still, making LeFou gay is that appalling attitude of thinking they're "better than the source material", which always pisses me off. It might not be as bad as Maleficent but this is not the Beauty and the Beast I had hoped for, and I got on the hype wave.

1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:16 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
The sad thing, it IS going to perform like crazy, it would take toxic word of mouth to take the wind out of the film's sails. Its certainly not going to stop the conveyor belt of Disney remakes. But worse still, making LeFou gay is that appalling attitude of thinking they're "better than the source material", which always pisses me off. It might not be as bad as Maleficent but this is not the Beauty and the Beast I had hoped for, and I got on the hype wave.

I'd rather see Maleficent then see this trash. At least that movie didn't shove any SJW down anybodies throat. I honestly hope that they don't pull off this crap with the live action reboot of 'The Lion King'. If there is one good thing about all this, it's that they will all be forgotten or if they are remembered, they will be so as worthless as pieces of crap while the originals will look even better. A lot like the Dr. Seuss movies are.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Holy sh*t. I don't remember seeing this much vitriol last week. Dr Seuss movies, lets not kid ourselves, are either bad or flat out terrible.

Maleficent actually WAS SJW AND misandry propaganda and then some, so it would be remarkable if Beauty and the Beast manages to top it for obnoxiousness.

And to give the Devil his due, The Jungle Book and Pete's Dragon were really good films, in the case of The Jungle Book it walked the fine line between homage and rip-off of it's animated source material, and creating their own identities. I have to admit, Cinderella in both live action or animation isn't my favourite of the Disney canon, so the new one was just another version, but there have been many live action iterations of the Cinderella fairy tale, so there isn't any real damage done to the source material.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:04 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Holy sh*t. I don't remember seeing this much vitriol last week. Dr Seuss movies, lets not kid ourselves, are either bad or flat out terrible.

I guess I'm just one of those old-school traditionalists that's not a big fan of rebooting all the Disney classics with live action. TBF, I didn't see Sleeping Beauty that much, and even then I only saw the whole movie just once and I was just "Meh" with it. That and I was 14 at the time.

In other news. Tron 3 still isn't dead, but is in hibernation.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I guess I'm just one of those old-school traditionalists that's not a big fan of rebooting all the Disney classics with live action.

I would normally put myself in the traditionalist crowd, since I'm not usually gushing about the upcoming Disney reboots. But as a kid, I was opened to the idea somewhat of live action counterparts when I saw the 90s live action version of One Hundred and One Dalmations and the Stephen Sommers version of The Jungle Book with Jason Scott Lee. As different as that Jungle Book was, I still basically enjoyed it for what it was and felt that it didn't take away from my enjoyment of the original.

I actually thought more of these live action adaptations would be coming in the early 2000s, fortunately that didn't come to pass since most of them are suited best to animation. But these days, given how much these filmmakers seem to be desperate to try and compare themselves to the animated films, and sometimes be disparaging of them, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 10:13 am

Spotlight’s Tom McCarthy to Re-Write Disney’s Christopher Robin Film
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/820677-spotlights-tom-mccarthy-to-re-write-disneys-christopher-robin-film#HQsMRE2vue6jeDdU.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 10:56 am

Man, Disney really thinks this live action Christopher Robin movie has potential. Also their timing could not be more on the nose, Moonlight wins best picture and they nab that film's screenwriter to .

This new Pirates trailer showed a lot, including some cool bits and some of it stuff I hoped it wouldn't include; quite a few of the jokes just fell flat for me, especially with the joke involving Jack's pants and him falling a sleep standing up. It looks way too digitized to even compare to the first three. I mean, people get on Jurassic World's case for being too CGI heavy, but that film looks like a moderate walk in the park compared to this! I enjoyed the previous trailer, and was overall looking forward to a throwback to one of my favourite franchises (plus the fact that Pirate movies pretty much live or die with this franchise), and I'm still going to see it to review it if nothing else, but this kinda did douse my excitement.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 7:25 pm

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170303-whats-the-point-of-remaking-beauty-and-the-beast
But while the new film isn’t terrible, it’s difficult to see what the point of it is as long as the cartoon exists. Beauty and the Beast is simply a cover version of a chart-topping song, played with such anonymous competence that Condon’s motto must have been, “It ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Another motto might have been better: “If it ain’t broke, don’t remake it.”

Money is the only reason almost any reboot/remake ever exists. And yes this film is totally pointless, but then again most of them are.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 pm

It looks like Russia won't show the Beauty and the Beast reboot due to LeFou being gay.

Not really surprising. Russia was never a homosexual friendly country anyway. Lenin tried to break it, but it was never popular and Stalin reversed that decision. I wouldn't be surprised if China follows since their culture considers be so to be a temporary behavior and anything beyond that is heavily frowned upon.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 8:49 am

Mistral wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20170303-whats-the-point-of-remaking-beauty-and-the-beast
But while the new film isn’t terrible, it’s difficult to see what the point of it is as long as the cartoon exists. Beauty and the Beast is simply a cover version of a chart-topping song, played with such anonymous competence that Condon’s motto must have been, “It ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Another motto might have been better: “If it ain’t broke, don’t remake it.”

Money is the only reason almost any reboot/remake ever exists. And yes this film is totally pointless, but then again most of them are.

I believe the original Beauty and the Beast showed a punny variation of that phrase, "If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!"

Clearly such advice was not followed, and if nothing else their dismissive and condescending attitude towards the original will cause it to be reevaluated and reappraised as the classic that it is. It certainly makes one wonder if they can get away with The Lion King remake before its too late for them.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 12:10 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I believe the original Beauty and the Beast showed a punny variation of that phrase, "If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!"

Clearly such advice was not followed, and if nothing else their dismissive and condescending attitude towards the original will cause it to be reevaluated and reappraised as the classic that it is. It certainly makes one wonder if they can get away with The Lion King remake before its too late for them.

Hate to say I told ya so, but...I did.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I honestly hope that they don't pull off this crap with the live action reboot of 'The Lion King'. If there is one good thing about all this, it's that they will all be forgotten or if they are remembered, they will be so as worthless as pieces of crap while the originals will look even better. A lot like the Dr. Seuss movies are.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Fair enough, but I do think calling them "Dr Seuss Movies" is crossing the line. And far be it for me to throw The Jungle Book under the bus to make the entire endeavour look bad (that I can do just fine by myself). We will observe how this all pans out.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 12:28 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Fair enough, but I do think calling them "Dr Seuss Movies" is crossing the line. And far be it for me to throw The Jungle Book under the bus to make the entire endeavour look bad (that I can do just fine by myself). We will observe how this all pans out.

My intent was to make a comparison and that was the best I could think of of the top of my head. That said, I guess I should have had a better comparison then the Dr. Seuss movies. I guess I'm just an old school Disney person who just reluctant to have any reboots of the movies I saw growing up. Even more so with how Disney is trying to add in SJW crap into it. I will give The Jungle Book reboot credit for not having that, but if the B&B reboot is something to go by...Yeah, hopefully the controversy is enough to make them reconsider that in the future.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Russia will let the Beauty and the Beast reboot be shown, but with a 16+ rating. Which is basically an R-rating.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Danny DeVito is in talks to star in the live action Dumbo movie.

I honestly thought he retired some time ago.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Well, he is short enough for the main role. Razz

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Russia will let the Beauty and the Beast reboot be shown, but with a 16+ rating. Which is basically an R-rating.

This is tremendous.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 6:15 pm

Speaking of BatB, I think this may be my favorite song from the new movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPcxqpMbcSg

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 7:39 am

One of the best things about Disney would have to be the music. I mean, who doesn't love a classic Disney song? My personal favourites are as follows:

1. "Be Prepared"
2. "The Siamese Cat Song"
3. "Part of That World"
4. "Poor Unfortunate Souls"
5. "I Just Can't Wait to be King"
6. "I'll Make a Man Out of You"

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 7:35 pm

The live-action Mulan movie won't be a musical but a a big, girly martial arts epic".

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The live-action Mulan movie won't be a musical but a a big, girly martial arts epic".

Last time I read something to do with the live action Mulan, they said they were looking to Ridley Scott for inspiration. Admirable choice, his work on Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven speak for themselves, and the new Mulan could be a stirring fantasy epic. But the choice of words as a "big, girly martial arts epic" doesn't gel with what they said they were looking for on a creative level.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 8:11 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Last time I read something to do with the live action Mulan, they said they were looking to Ridley Scott for inspiration. Admirable choice, his work on Gladiator and Kingdom of Heaven speak for themselves, and the new Mulan could be a stirring fantasy epic. But the choice of words as a "big, girly martial arts epic" doesn't gel with what they said they were looking for on a creative level.

I just hope it's a legit female empowerment movie that also treats men with respect and not a cross of Mulan meets GB2016.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 9:51 pm

So far the B&B live action reboot made $357 million dollars.

I saw the review that Brad Jones did and he said that while it was a well made movie he also thought that it was a cash grab, but without actually saying those words.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 9:08 am

Disney Not Planning Beauty and the Beast Sequel

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Disney CEO Bob Igor will stay at Disney for at least 2 more years.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

It can truly be said that Bob Iger's term at Disney has been one of extraordinary success, from the acquisition of Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm to the rejuvenation of the Walt Disney Animation division. Despite my gripes with the company's insistence on live action remakes over original material, there is no doubting that that strategy has worked in their favour because they now rank high above old rivals like Warner Bros and Universal. Certainly makes sense for them to keep Iger on board for a few more years, but I do wonder who will be successor and whether they will be able to maintain Disney's current position in the Hollywood food chain or take more creative risks.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It can truly be said that Bob Iger's term at Disney has been one of extraordinary success, from the acquisition of Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm to the rejuvenation of the Walt Disney Animation division. Despite my gripes with the company's insistence on live action remakes over original material, there is no doubting that that strategy has worked in their favour because they now rank high above old rivals like Warner Bros and Universal. Certainly makes sense for them to keep Iger on board for a few more years, but I do wonder who will be successor and whether they will be able to maintain Disney's current position in the Hollywood food chain or take more creative risks.

From what I've been seeing, they're mainly doing this because they really don't have a successor. This must be a play for more time to find somebody to continue Igor's work.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 2:48 pm

The Wreck It Ralph sequel will be named 'Ralph Brakes The Internet'.

I'm a little surprised this movie took so long to make considering how well the first movie was received.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Wreck It Ralph sequel will be named 'Ralph Brakes The Internet'.

I'm a little surprised this movie took so long to make considering how well the first movie was received.

I think when it comes to Disney Animated sequels, they tend to be more hesitant when it comes to the ones that are cinematically released. The Rescuers Down Under bombed and 2011's Winnie the Pooh also under-performed (you could say that was a sequel, of sorts, to the original Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh). Plus animated Disney sequels do tend to have a negative stigma thanks to the DTV market.

With that said, I'm sure the Wreck It Ralph sequel will be well done and well received (provided something really wrong hasn't happened behind the scenes), I just have a hunch that they want to put serious enough effort and space it out from the original and not oversaturate the market. Even Toy Story 2 had a sizeable gap of 4 years from the first film.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   1 - The Overall Disney Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Overall Disney Thread
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next