Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Television

Go down 
+16
Scott B
Tyrant Lizard
CT-1138
smaugtheterrible
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Levine
TheRexMan22
BarrytheOnyx
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Fossildude747
JPMalcolmDilo
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

Let's Talk Television Empty
PostSubject: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 11:33 pm

So, here's the TV thread! What are you watching? What do wish was still on? Talk about it here.

I'm sort of getting into Preacher. It had a pretty slow start, but I like what I've seen so far.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 10:42 am

Whens The Strain season 3 coming out? I still need to watch all of season 2 yet lol.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 12:30 pm

I never finished season 1. It seemed good, I just lost interest after a while.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 2:34 pm

From Dusk Till Dawn Season 3 directors announced!

Quote :

A horde of horror names will direct eps of El Rey’s “From Dusk Till Dawn” next season. Among them, “Halloween 4” alum Dwight H.Little, “Blair Witch Project” alum Ed Sanchez, and Robert Rodriguez himself!

June 7, 2016 (Los Angeles, CA / Austin, TX) – MIRAMAX(R) and El Rey Network released today the list of directors that will helm the 10 episodes of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN: THE SERIES season three. Additionally, Nicky Whelan (House of Lies, The Wedding Ringer) and Maurice Compte (Breaking Bad, Narcos) have joined the cast of season three. Compte will play Brassa a mysterious Rasputin-like figure who takes on the Gecko brothers. Whelan’s character will be revealed on air.

The list of directors includes several newcomers to the series including Eagle Egilsson, who is known for his acclaimed work as a cinematographer for The Wire and CSI: Miami, for which he was also a producer. Rebecca Rodriguez, sister and frequent collaborator of Robert Rodriguez, will make her television directing debut. Additionally, Executive Producer Diego Gutierrez (Warehouse 13, Without A Trace) will join this esteemed roster after having written episodes for FROM DUSK TILL DAWN: THE SERIES season two.

Directors who will be returning from past seasons include creator and executive producer Robert Rodriguez, Dwight Little (Halloween 4: the Return of Michael Myers), Alejandro Bruges (Juan of the Dead, ABC’S of Death 2), Eduardo Sanchez (The Blair Witch Project), and Joe Menendez (Ladrón que roba a ladrón).

The specific episodes for each director are as follows:

1. Dwight Little (Halloween 4: the Return of Michael Myers)

2. Robert Rodriguez (creator and executive producer)

3. Alejandro Brugués (Juan of the Dead, ABC’S of Death 2, Personal Belongings)

4. Eagle Egilsson (Nikita, CSI Miami)

5. Eduardo Sanchez (The Blair Witch Project)

6. Rebecca Rodriguez (Spy Kids: All the Time in the World in 4D)

7. Diego Gutierrez (Warehouse 13, Without A Trace)

8. Eagle Egilsson (Nikita, CSI Miami)

9 & 10. Joe Menendez (Ladrón que roba a ladrón)

Season three continues the Gecko brothers’ saga as they fight their way through the world of culebras, the vampire-snake hybrids that control hidden empires in Texas and Mexico. Once the baddest outlaws in the land, Seth and Richie made a run for the Border two years ago to save their lives – and their fortune. They ran headlong into a bar full of bloodsuckers and bandits, facing off with the vampire goddess Santico. The Geckos joined her cause, and they settled an old score. It won them a place in the culebra world. Now that world is about to explode, and new enemies are gathering – dark forces, hell-bent on destruction and domination. It’s up to the Geckos to stop them – but they can’t do it alone.

Back to top Go down
TorQue
Embryo
Embryo
TorQue

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 11:59 am

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:07 am

Does anybody wish that Home Improvement reruns were still aired? I remember how normal TV used to play that show all the time. I don't get how Friends can be aired constantly yet not Home Improvement.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 3:01 am

Started watching "Orange is the new Black" . It's surprisingly good.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:24 pm

Duchovny, Anderson talk X-Files Season 11!

Quote :

At the upfronts last month, Fox remarked that this year’s “X-Files” revival snared successful enough ratings for another go-round.In a yak with Deadline today, stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson said that while there’s been no official talks to continue the show, if they could find time, and find a way to make the next season even better, they’d likely be up for another season.

At the upfronts last month there was talk about this continuing. That afterlife you spoke of at the very start; is that still there? Is there still unfinished X-Files business?

Anderson: For me, it was important that I thought of this season as being just these six shows when we were doing it. The long insanity of the schedule [demanded it]. I’m open to the conversation, though they haven’t come to us yet. I have no clue when they’re going to. I’m getting on with the rest of my life and I’m booking other jobs, so if it is indeed something that they would like to continue, then that conversation will need to be had. And I have no idea when that will be able to take place at this juncture.

Is there a sense from you of wanting to do more, though? Has this season increased the desire?

Duchovny: I don’t know… I’m pausing, and I don’t know why I’m pausing. I would say, I guess what we found with this season was that it’s possible to still get it. It doesn’t not work. And then the question becomes, if we were going to move on, how do we make it work even better? That’s a question we’d want to ask. This one was, “Phew, we can do it. I guess it did work.” But now it’s like, now what? How do we make this interesting again for all of us? And it is a joy to play, as difficult as it can be. There are days, I’m sure, where Gillian and I would rather go to work and not have to think about it, but ultimately that’s what keeps us alive; these people, those artists, and the chance to be able to use our brains and think on our feet to do the show in that way.

Anderson: David and I have solidified and intensified our friendship and our working relationship since the series ended, so it really is just going back and choosing to work with somebody, and feeling like we are doing something that only the two of us have the experience of. We’re there for each other, and enjoy that in and of itself. It was something I looked forward to with this series, and something I would potentially look forward to doing again. It’s a nice thing to have in one’s life.

Duchovny: I agree with that, and it’s going to sound really pedestrian, and not at all lofty, but when I think back to the beginnings of the show, and what I thought acting was—what I thought I could do as an actor—the gift this show gave me was having to go to work. Having to work as hard as we did, every day, for 14 hours a day, over 10 months, for five years in a row. That was a gift in that I took myself to school, and taught myself how to be an actor. For both Gillian and me, it was really sink or swim at that point, and to be able to do that with great material, and talented people helping us along… it could have gone in another direction, so I’m thankful, I think, just for the hard work that it was in the beginning, and the appreciation it gave me for what I do. It didn’t kill us, anyway.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Breaking: CW’s “Friday the 13th” is Dead

Quote :

Rarely is it reported that a project is straight up dead, but news out of the ongoing TCA is that the CW “Friday the 13th” project is just that.

Back in April it was reported that CW had already axed the project, while in July it was explained that CW had put the project on hold with plans to revisit next April. In the same report it was explained that the show could potentially move to other networks, including larger streaming services.

So, unless you’re a huge advocate of CW, this could be good news. I would much rather see Jason and the Voorhees family on Amazon, Hulu, Netflix or any other cable channel that’s not CW or MTV.

The Friday the 13th series adaptation was being developed by Steve Mitchell and Craig Van Sickle, creators of the 1996 NBC series “The Pretender” through CBS TV Studios.

The project originated when Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment sealed a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of the franchise, with Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, executive producing along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla and Mark Canton, among others.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) were tapped at the time to script a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods. Details on the remake are sketchy but the idea had been to do a contemporary series focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed. The masked Jason is being reimagined with a stronger feel of grounded reality.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:25 pm

The Departed is getting a TV remake!

Im curious to see if they'll take a risk and drop the f bomb 20+ times like in the film.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Last Sunday was the final time that "The McLaughlin Group" was aired. It was one of the earliest episodes from 1983. I'm glad that I saw it since I always liked that show.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 5:38 am

FXX Announces 600 Episode Simpsons Marathon

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
FXX Announces 600 Episode Simpsons Marathon

Wonder if this'll be a yearly thing. They did it last year when they acquired the rights to air the show.

Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 8:45 pm

I finished Twin Peaks. Highly reccommended.
Back to top Go down
Fossildude747
Embryo
Embryo
Fossildude747

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 1:13 pm

I've been watching that show Lucifer on Fox, just finished catching up on it all today. I'm starting to watch tv shows more but I prefer shows such as Lucifer where there can be drama but there's also something unusual that wouldn't happen in real life happening.

In case you don't know the difference here is it's a crime drama, but there's a few different side plots going on and the main character is the devil. I'm not even religious but I find it an interesting concept. See I wouldn't watch a normal crime drama with no unusual twists like that.

So anyone know some other shows that have some unusual thing happening? I'm looking into the Walking Dead a bit but catching up on what, 6 seasons will take forever and I'm not sure if I'll like it.

Ankylosaurs 4 Lyfe!

The Forgotten World RP Characters:

Fang- Male Troodon

Shadow- Female Troodon
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 6:31 pm

The Simpsons have officially joined the 600 episode club.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 11:26 am

The Walking Dead returns Sunday. Spoilers are already out though, and it's pretty much spot on to what has been speculated for a while. Won't post in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled, but they are out there.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 10:23 pm

I'm really enjoying Westworld
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 10:58 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
The Walking Dead returns Sunday. Spoilers are already out though, and it's pretty much spot on to what has been speculated for a while. Won't post in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled, but they are out there.  

I have still have to watch the last half of the most recent season. I have read the comic though so I already have a rough Idea of what is going to happen.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 2:59 pm

The new Exorcist TV show is much better than it has any right to be. Went in expecting a low-quality TV remake of the original, but it's managed to do some incredibly good things, as well as push thing son network TV, being on FOX. Season still had 5 more episodes, so I still worry it could go downhill, but right now, it's honestly amazing.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Sony's at it again...

They're going to remake/reboot All In The Family, Good Times, Maude, and The Jeffersons.

Because showing reruns doesn't make sense for some reason...

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 1:51 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sony's at it again...

They're going remake/reboot All In The Family, Good Times, Maude, and The Jeffersons.

Because showing reruns doesn't make sense for some reason...
Are we this desperate for shared universes that they'll reboot the original shared television universe.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 5:37 am

Quote :

Norman Lear, who is the original creator of these shows is planning to bring them back in the form of a mini-series–including about six episodes per season using original scripts.

At least it's the guy who actually created the shows and not some random pleb that's trying to bring them back. Plus if it's a mini series for each you can dedicate it to one main story per season without having to add any filler.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 10:19 am

I still don't think it will work. All In The Family is too anti-PC to be made today. I'm surprised the originals are even being shown on the TV Land channel. Good Times and The Jeffersons are more likely to work, but they won't be able to capture most of the magic of the originals.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I still don't think it will work. All In The Family is too anti-PC to be made today. I'm surprised the originals are even being shown on the TV Land channel. Good Times and The Jeffersons are more likely to work, but they won't be able to capture most of the magic of the originals.

I think All in the Family still gets shown because Archie did grow as a character and did eventually become a better person in some respects. Today though, the concept of "lovable racist" is just not a thing that can work. It's weird to say there was such a thing at any point in time, but it was a thing.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 1:20 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I think All in the Family still gets shown because Archie did grow as a character and did eventually become a better person in some respects. Today though, the concept of "lovable racist" is just not a thing that can work. It's weird to say there was such a thing at any point in time, but it was a thing.

I just find it odd that it still gets shown, but TV Land took down Dukes Of Hazard via the Confederate Flag on the General Lee. One would have thought they could have simply digitally removed it, yet they didn't...
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I just find it odd that it still gets shown, but TV Land took down Dukes Of Hazard via the Confederate Flag on the General Lee. One would have thought they could have simply digitally removed it, yet they didn't...

Wait, what? They took it off for that? You know I get the historical connotations and how those negatively affect people, but what little I ever watched, I don't recall the Duke's driving around and throwing racist insults at people. I feel like people need to learn when there's historical significance, and when people are using the imagery for the wrong reasons.

That said, I think it'd be too costly to digitally edit an old show, and it's probably on DVD, so they probably just said forget it, and hoped people would buy it while they removed it. Still, I don't agree with it being removed like that.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 10:14 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Wait, what? They took it off for that? You know I get the historical connotations and how those negatively affect people, but what little I ever watched, I don't recall the Duke's driving around and throwing racist insults at people. I feel like people need to learn when there's historical significance, and when people are using the imagery for the wrong reasons.

That said, I think it'd be too costly to digitally edit an old show, and it's probably on DVD, so they probably just said forget it, and hoped people would buy it while they removed it. Still, I don't agree with it being removed like that.

Believe it or not, yes. It was the reason. Remember last year after that deranged high-schooler turned that one church into a shooting gallery how there was a semi-national debate if South Carolina should take down the Confederate flag? Well, the PC police came a knocking and TV Land bowed out.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 12:20 pm

Girl Meets World has been canceled after 3 seasons.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Television
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next