Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Customs Thread

Go down 
+4
Valforwing
Spinosaur4.4
CT-1138
Levine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Got any customs? Seen any cool customs? Post 'em here! Very Happy

I really like the looks of these Raptors. Like something Kenner would sell (and that I. rex is pretty schnazzy, too):

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 3:44 pm

Here's my Bull Rex repaint:
Spoiler:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
CT-1138
CT-1138

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 8:05 pm

I almost forgot to post my male T. rex custom I did from the Hybrid T. rex figure!
Spoiler:

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 9:31 pm

They're great, D4Ever!!! Loved the custom T.rex there, I wish there was a way to cover those screwholes...

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Customs Thread LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:22 pm

Well, I planned to fill in the holes with wax, but in the end they didn't bother me enough to warrant it.

Valforwing
Embryo
Embryo
Valforwing

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't have any pictures of it but i used to have a Chaos Effect Alpha Raptor toy when i was little.
the left arm broke off because i played with him too much...so i took a skeleton dinosaur toy and cut the arm off it and melted it and the CEAR's arm stub into it so it looked like he had a skelly hand.

I've never really tried customizing JP figures too much, though the JW raptors you have there look like a promising place to start.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 7:00 am

Is spray paint good for customs? I got a pair of cheap, but still fairly good quality and accurate Velociraptor toys that I want to customize.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo
Raptor Blue

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Only custom I've ever done. Pretty meh. I did it last year and meant to touch it up & make it look really good but I haven't gotten back to it. Still looks like this for now.

The Customs Thread AP5b2HK

The Customs Thread 6Ij2lLA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:21 pm

Here is my first custom. An Imperial toys Brachiosaurus.

The Customs Thread 101_1210

My custom painting of a Velociraptor toy that had its body spray painted red on one side more then the other side. I used acrylics to turn it into Blue.

The Customs Thread 101_1212

The Customs Thread 101_1211

And last but not least, my most recent custom. A Triceratops from the same line as the Brachiosaurus. Technically, I customized this when I was a kid by putting White-Out on the nose horn to see if it would make it look more real, which I also did with a Styracosaurus toy, but I didn't do that with the two big brow horns. I just painted all 3 horns black, along with the beak and toes and made the body dark green. It had white eyes, but I painted them banana yellow.

The Customs Thread Custom10

The Customs Thread Custom11

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 8:20 am

The Customs Thread 20160713
The Customs Thread 20160710
The Customs Thread 20160711
The Customs Thread 20160712

My Lego Velociraptor Novel custom based off Hellraptor's art and Raptor image from JPL encyclopedia

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 11:23 am

They look great!! One day I'll grab a few chinasaurs too and try custom them. Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Customs Thread LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 8:08 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
They look great!! One day I'll grab a few chinasaurs too and try custom them. Very Happy

Thank you very much! Also, soon or later, My third custom lego will be showed. Male Pteranodon hippocratesi! My favorite Pterosaurs

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 12:59 pm

Here are my most recent customs.

This is my old 1985 Imperial Toys Stegosaurus. The plates I based on the 'Walking With Dinosaurs' Stegosaurus while the rest of the colors is based on the ones from 'TLW'.
The Customs Thread 101_1214

Here's a 1998 Ankylosaurus toy without its tankhammer that I customized as an Edmontonia.
The Customs Thread 101_1213

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 6:11 pm

Here's my recent custom. A 1999 Styracosaurus toy. It was originally painted where most of the body except the underside was rhino grey, but I thought that was just boring so I gave it much more color. African Violet for the base color, Bright Red markings, and Black stripes.

The Customs Thread 101_1216

The Customs Thread 101_1215

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 pm

I haven't posted much of my customs, but I gave a lot of my dinosaur toys, including many of my customs, away to my friend's son. However, I still some toys left. Here's my Chasmosaurus.

The Customs Thread 101_1311

The Customs Thread 101_1310

The Customs Thread 101_1312

Back to top Go down
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 4:20 am

The Customs Thread 20170210

The Customs Thread 20170211

My LEGO Jurassic Park Creatures with Hammond

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 pm

I got a big plastic Brachiosaurus toy from Salvation Army not long ago and repainted it as a Male Sorna Brachiosaurus from JP3.

The Customs Thread 101_1415

The Customs Thread 101_1416

Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 am

I repainted the Hasbro Echo raptor to resemble the Diablas raptors from LTL. This was also my first attempt at hand painting a figure.
Spoiler:

This one is a work in progress; I'm trying to make an Ultimasaurus loosely based off the custom by Ted Brothers. The arms and legs from the JP3 re-ak-atak alpha raptor were my preferred choice but they're too small for the snap-jaw raptor's body. I'm looking for places that offer 3d printing services that can make larger copies. I'm also considering a smaller version of the Triceratops frill and horns. I'm deciding between using putty to make the Ankylo spikes or using the spikes from my spare Ankylo or Minmi figures.
Spoiler:

Sponsored content

The Customs Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Customs Thread   The Customs Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Customs Thread
Page 1 of 1