Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 8:24 pm

not everyone likes emulators Wink i plan on getting one of these eventually, maybe putting it on my Christmas list

separately from that, i've finally started my second run on Assassin's Creed Rogue--i've put it off for two years because the story is just so heavy and depressing

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Actually plenty of people use emulators solely for all the obscure games you cant really find on consoles. Eventually there will be consoles that do nothing but emulate past games.

Also, recently jumped on the Xbox One bandwagon the other day and now I own all 3 systems from this current generation.

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 9:24 pm

I've been obsessing over Battlefield 1 for the past month, and Pokemon Sun and Moon come out Friday, which just so happens to be the day my Thanksgiving break from school begins. Perfect timing to drown my troubles away with a Pokemon adventure!

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 10:36 pm

There's a free weekend for Elder Scrolls Online and Overwatch this weekend if anyone is interested.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Paul W.S. Anderson, the director of the first Mortal Kombat movie and the Resident Evil movie franchise is going to make a movie adaptation of 'Monster Hunter'.

At this point...why not? At this point, he's already become the most successful director of video game movies so, might as well.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 5:36 pm

According to this, in the last 6 months of developing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Hideo Kojima was banned from talking to is own staff.

You know.....As someone who from the age of 14, grew up with the Metal Gear franchise, I really can't help but wonder in Konami WANTS to commit suicide. First it was the death of the Command & Conquer franchise via C&C 4 via EA Games(To be fair, the Generals series, C&C 3 Tiberium Wars, and Red Alert 3 were and are still good games) and now this...

Such a crying shame...And people think that the American Sony movie division sucks...

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 8:49 pm

So The Last of Us Part 2 revealed today at PSX + Crash Bandicoot remaster trailer, I'm so excited for both those games! I love them, Crash was my childhood hero and TLOU is just great! I got a PS3 and the first game I got was TLOU and I'm just blow away! I need a PS4 ASAP! Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 9:09 pm

i gotta get my hands on a copy of Last of Us, then Smile

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 7:00 am

Oshronosaurus wrote:

I got a copy of Remastered for $10 on Black Friday.

I've been waiting outside in 30 degree weather since 2 am for an NES Classic. Second in line, hoping they got them in.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 10:47 am

i'll have to check my local GameStops and see if there's a copy for that cheap lying around (gotta remember to conserve my money, though--Christmas presents to buy Wink )

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
So The Last of Us Part 2 revealed today at PSX + Crash Bandicoot remaster trailer, I'm so excited for both those games! I love them, Crash was my childhood hero and TLOU is just great! I got a PS3 and the first game I got was TLOU and I'm just blow away! I need a PS4 ASAP! Very Happy

I remember Crash Team Racing and it was one of the few Crash Bandicoot games I owned. It was a great game.

Does this mean that the Spyro games will eventually also be remastered as well?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 2:24 pm

I woke up and still can't belive this is happening. Crash is back again. After so many years waiting. I saw the gameplay of the demo and the intro footage and it's just perfect! It's a dream coming true! He looks exactly like the original, basically the original in HD version. This brings me so much joy to my life!!

CTR should be included too, maybe they'll do a remaster of it after this one, CTR is great, my favorite kart game! I grew up with it!

Everything looks so perfect! And they just showed the first game, can't wait to see the 2 other ones!

I'm sure if this remaster sells well, we'll get a new Crash game and maybe Spyro games remastered too! Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Even though I'd like the Spyro games remastered, I'd like to see a soft/semi-reboot where you play an older, high school age Spyro. Give him more powers like the ability to fly, for at least short periods of time since he's not quite full grown. Make him larger. Stuff like that.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:

I've been waiting outside in 30 degree weather since 2 am for an NES Classic. Second in line, hoping they got them in.

I had to deal with that crowd on sunday morning, never again.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 2:33 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:

That where you work? Sorry to hear dude. I am always respectful to those working, but people in our line broke out into verbal fights, and the manager who was equally an asshole called police to monitor the store. He also split the line between Hatchimals and NES, when some people wanted both. Other stores allowed one of each but because of said manager, he wouldn't let anyone get one of each, just one of something. I was first in the NES line though, so I did get mine.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2016 9:49 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:

That where you work? Sorry to hear dude. I am always respectful to those working, but people in our line broke out into verbal fights, and the manager who was equally an asshole called police to monitor the store. He also split the line between Hatchimals and NES, when some people wanted both. Other stores allowed one of each but because of said manager, he wouldn't let anyone get one of each, just one of something. I was first in the NES line though, so I did get mine.
i always try to be polite and respectful, too, even considering that i curse casually. sounds like this was more a case of piss-poor management across the board.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

After playing GTA V frequently, I decided to do a throwback and played GTA IV along with the two dlc stories. I also got back to finishing Arkham Origins a few months back.

Going through my second playthrough of Uncharted 4 as well. I haven't played a Crash game since my first PS was still working (CB3 Warped) so the easter egg was great and now I'm actually looking forward to the remastered game. I'd also like to see Spyro given the same treatment. After so many years, it was great being able to play the first game thanks to the PS store having the original 3 for download. I enjoyed the reboot series but Spyro did feel reduced to an Avatar-esque melee game character removed from his roots.

Still wishing my PS2 would read the disk and memory cards. Lots of nostalgia to be had there. :\

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 2:58 pm

Prowler wrote:
I haven't played a Crash game since my first PS was still working (CB3 Warped) so the easter egg was great and now I'm actually looking forward to the remastered game. I'd also like to see Spyro given the same treatment. After so many years, it was great being able to play the first game thanks to the PS store having the original 3 for download. I enjoyed the reboot series but Spyro did feel reduced to an Avatar-esque melee game character removed from his roots.

Still wishing my PS2 would read the disk and memory cards. Lots of nostalgia to be had there. :\

Even though my PS2 still works, I'm actually planning to download the original Metal Gear Solid and maybe a few other old games myself someday. I do miss how Spyro has been reduced since the mid 2000's. I just really believe it's time that he gets rebooted.

Altered Beast and Streets of Rage will be made adapted for television and film.

This has fail written all over it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 3:07 pm

It looks like the Uncharted movie won't have Mark Wahlberg as Nathen Drake.

Even though I can see him playing the part really well, at the same time I didn't think he'd do this. With that said, I don't think that Liam Hemsworth is a serious choice. Sorry, but he doesn't have the talent of his big bro, Chris.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Just played through Pokémon: Sun.

Easily the best original game since Ruby/Sapphire. Upped the difficulty after the cakewalk that was gen 6, and introduced some pretty awesome story elements as well.

Fantastic game.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Is it sad that Im addicted to Rocket League?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Just played through Pokémon: Sun.

Easily the best original game since Ruby/Sapphire. Upped the difficulty after the cakewalk that was gen 6, and introduced some pretty awesome story elements as well.

Fantastic game.

I still have my old Pokémon Blue and Gold games and I got Red and Silver from the flea market. I play my Blue and Gold games and often 'modify' my Blue Pokémon by trading them to my Gold game and teach them TM's and in a few cases HM's that they can't learn in Blue. An example is teaching my Charizard from Blue the Fly HM in Gold and sending it back to Blue.
Back to top Go down
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Embryo
Embryo
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I woke up and still can't belive this is happening. Crash is back again. After so many years waiting. I saw the gameplay of the demo and the intro footage and it's just perfect! It's a dream coming true! He looks exactly like the original, basically the original in HD version. This brings me so much joy to my life!!
Seeing Crash back in action has to be a sign of good things to come....hopefully we'll get a remastered Crash Bash

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 6:01 pm

The Assassin's Creed movie has an 18% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 6:23 pm

The movie has grossed just under $36.7 million dollars...

Coming out when Rouge One was dominating the movie theaters only made things much, much worse.

Box office bomb.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 5:59 pm

The Adventure Time producer basically confirms a Castlevania TV series.

I actually can see this working since video game TV shows have been far more successful then video game movies.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Its gonna be on Nick so it has to be good, right?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Its gonna be on Nick so it has to be good, right?

It's at least going to be faithful or entertaining.

Thanks to a good oversees market, the Assassin's Creed movie has made $148 million.

It looks like it's going to be like 'Battleship' was.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm

Red Dead Redemption 2 will come out sometime in the fall.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 pm

I've been playing the 2013 Game Of The Year version of Tomb Raider. It the first time I've truly played a Tomb Raider game (I tried playing the second TR game in the late 90's but I never got anywhere and it was just for a minute or so.) and although it's different, I like what I'm playing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next