Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 11:57 pm

i played through The Last Guardian recently, finished it just yesterday and OH MY GOD THAT TWIST AT THE END!!!

in other news, i started on Arkham Origins today. i already mentioned this in the DC Comics thread where i said Deathstroke was pain, but i've beaten him since then Wink

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 3:23 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i played through The Last Guardian recently, finished it just yesterday and OH MY GOD THAT TWIST AT THE END!!!

in other news, i started on Arkham Origins today. i already mentioned this in the DC Comics thread where i said Deathstroke was pain, but i've beaten him since then Wink

I heard that game isn't as good as the first 2 Arkham games. Is that really true, because I love AC. That is my favorite Batman game and favorite superhero game of all time. I like AA, but not as much as AC, since I got that one first.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 3:43 pm

I've been feeling a lot of nostalgia for Dragon Age: Origins (and even Dragon Age II, an inferior game). I never got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition because I had already moved to university by then and had all but left behind video games. Origins became my favourite video game of all time, and I can honestly say it changed my life to the point that I wanted to become an author. When I finish my Master's Degree and hopefully move house, I'm ready to get back into the series and pick up where I left off in the first sequel.

I also want to try out the Arkham game series, the Uncharted series, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and any dinosaur games with decent enough reviews.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 3:58 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I've been feeling a lot of nostalgia for Dragon Age: Origins (and even Dragon Age II, an inferior game). I never got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition because I had already moved to university by then and had all but left behind video games. Origins became my favourite video game of all time, and I can honestly say it changed my life to the point that I wanted to become an author. When I finish my Master's Degree and hopefully move house, I'm ready to get back into the series and pick up where I left off in the first sequel.

I also want to try out the Arkham game series, the Uncharted series, Shadow of Mordor, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, and any dinosaur games with decent enough reviews.

If you want to try the Arkham series then try to get Arkham City first, since that's considered the best game of the series. Chronologically, Arkham Asylum is the first game, but with AC, it fills in the gaps if you haven't played AA via the bios. That and the storyline is wonderful. The music is amazing. Characters are incredible. It's like the video game version of the 1990's cartoons, yet somehow better.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

If you want to try the Arkham series then try to get Arkham City first, since that's considered the best game of the series. Chronologically, Arkham Asylum is the first game, but with AC, it fills in the gaps if you haven't played AA via the bios. That and the storyline is wonderful. The music is amazing. Characters are incredible. It's like the video game version of the 1990's cartoons, yet somehow better.

I'll remember that! Cheers! Smile

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Well don't forget Arkham Origins exists too. While it has some technical problems, it's not a bad game. Some people don't like to include it because it was developed by a seperate studio, but Rocksteady did include references to it in Arkham Knight, and that's enough for me to consider it a part of the series. If you include Origins, chronologically it's the first game before Asylum.

So I passed on the Nintendo Switch for now. I had the pre-order money saved, I had some hype for it, and then I saw the presentation and suddenly it just didn't seem very worth it to me. That doesn't mean I won't get one in the future, but first, it's launching with 2 games: I'm not a huge Zelda fan, and "1,2 Switch" looks like a game that should've been bundled with the system. Looking ahead, Mario Odyssey, the main title I was interested in, looks...weird. Nintendo likes to innovate so I'm not passing up this Mario, but I am pretty skeptical. Lastly, I'm not even a huge fan of the controller itself, but then they announced the price of extra peripherals and add ons, and my God, they are gouging the hell out of people. Pro controller $80? Extra joy-cons $70? I'm pretty sure if I get this someday, it'll be mostly to be a handheld. Which also only comes with a 2 to 6 hour battery depending on the game.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:

I heard that game isn't as good as the first 2 Arkham games. Is that really true, because I love AC. That is my favorite Batman game and favorite superhero game of all time. I like AA, but not as much as AC, since I got that one first.
i still thoroughly enjoyed Origins and i'm definitely gonna play it again in the future, probably for as long as i remain a gamer, but it's frustrating me alot more than the other two (i haven't gotten to Knight yet, but it's on my shelf--gonna take a break and replay Skyward Sword first). it's not because of the story or the mechanics (though combat is enigmatically both harder and easier than in City), but it's because it keeps crashing, more than any other Xbox game i've played. that might just be this particular copy, though. i'd say more, but i have to go out in a few minutes.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 4:34 pm

No way is Arkham City the best of the series.

Arkham Asylum
Arkham Knight
Arkham Origins
Arkham City.

BAH

Also i would go chronologically with the series or release order. If you do it in random order you will get confused what is going down. Plus Arkham City ends on a massive note so going with that first is like seeing Empire Strikes Back before any other SW. Or Godfather II first. Or TLW before JP, JW or ///!

Also Uncharted is the best game franchise in the modern era. And the remastered first three games are the price of one game.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:46 am

Is it possible to connect Dish wireless internet and download games to a PS3? We were supposed to get Xifinity but my family is getting Dish wireless via a spur-of-the moment decision. I'm getting Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection and I planned to download the original MGS game via the special code that it came with the bundle.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm

Yeah it should be possible with the wireless option but I don't know. The PS3 should be able to find any service in the vicinity. It would just take the password that comes with the Dish internet and the ID. I am foggy on what else is required apart from the password. I don't have Dish though.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Thank you. I've been using Virgin Mobile Broadband USB to update my PS3 and downloaded free stuff that came with a special code via the 2013 GOTY edition of Tomb Raider. All I need is the SSID code or something like that.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Anyone get the new Resident Evil yet? Been watching some streams of it on Twitch and it looks absolutely terrifying.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 9:53 pm

i'd totally forgotten about RE7. i don't know if i'll get it, but i might have to Razz (one of my writing projects is a massive crossover of literally all fiction and i've already invested effort into meshing Resident Evil into it as well). the only one i've played so far is RE4, so i think i'll wait until i can hear about what the mechanics for RE7 are like and then decide.

on my end, a replay of Skyward Sword ended up not happening--the motion-detector stopped working (not surprising, really. at some point the wire got completely frayed and opened up in at least one place along it and it must've gotten damaged beyond hope when i moved it from the shop at my new place back to the main house--i'd brought it out there so friends and i could play Brawl away from the main body of a party/open house and the receiver worked fine then). i did my first run on Dead Space 2 instead and quite enjoyed it--it felt like RE4 in space Very Happy there was even a sequence where you ride on top of a earthmoving vehicle, fighting off the not-exactly-zombies as your companion drives the thing just like the bulldozer sequence in RE4, to say nothing of being more actionized and fast-paced with a serious-yet-snarky protagonist. now i'm moving on to Arkham Knight. i plan on going over to a game repair shop tomorrow to see if i can replace the motion-detector for the Wii, though--can't play any games without that.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Anyone get the new Resident Evil yet? Been watching some streams of it on Twitch and it looks absolutely terrifying.

I bought it and played the first hour and a half. I love it, but I quit because I was the only one in my house last night, and it was freaking me out. Yeah, much as I love scary games sometimes they can get to me.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:11 pm

An 'Apocalypse Now' video game is going to be made.

In hindsight, I'm surprised this didn't happen 10-15 years ago.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:47 pm

The horror...................the HORROR.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 pm

i predict that it won't be very good, but we'll see. seems like it's a bit too late to make an Apocalypse Now adaptation game. something with similar themes, sure, (probably combining it even more with Heart of Darkness--that's what i'd do, at least, along with references to what could've been with the film itself) but not a direct adaptation

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 am

Hideo Kojima says that games, movie, and books will fused together in one single entertainment form.

I don't doubt this will happen, but I wonder how long it will last before the system implodes on itself.

I remember how James Rolfe said in his review of the 1993 Super Marion Bros. movie that most of the Nintendo bosses were so horrified by the Super Mario Bros. movie that they canceled plans for a Metroid movie and never let any character be in a live-action movie since. Is it just me, or is Samus Aran one of the few video game characters from Nintendo that can be legitimately successful?

Back to top Go down
Chimichanga
Embryo
Embryo
Chimichanga

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:50 am

So I watched a friend stream Resi 7 the other night.

Was good up until a certain point and everything just came crashing down in terms of how I felt about the game. Such a shame.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 am

Tomb Raider, Deus Ex Devs Working On New Avengers Game

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Hideo Kojima, the man who made the Metal Gear video game franchise, talks about his split with Konami.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:04 pm

The Tomb Raider games have been average. Should have waited on the announcement as well. I think.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:15 pm

I haven't played all the games, but the 2013 reboot is quite good. It wouldn't have had won so many awards otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:46 pm

speaking of Tomb Raider, the upcoming Season 4 premier for Death Battle is pitting Lara against Nathan Drake

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 9:18 pm

I saw that. It was only a matter of time before that happened. They really do these things with great care and take a lot of attention to detail. I disagree with a few of the results, but only a few. And even then, they explain it well so you can see why the battle ended the way it did.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 5:37 am

They're apparently coming out with another Tomb Raider game as well.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I saw that. It was only a matter of time before that happened. They really do these things with great care and take a lot of attention to detail. I disagree with a few of the results, but only a few. And even then, they explain it well so you can see why the battle ended the way it did.
right. the only one i disagree with is Peach vs. Zelda because it was stacked completely in Peach's favor (and in light of Zelda games since then, i think it warrants a revisit similar to Goku vs. Superman and Samus vs. Boba Fett). contrast Batman vs. Spider-Man, which i don't like the result of but have to agree with the reasoning: for as awesome as he is, Batman is still only human, whereas Spider-Man is an actual superhuman with actual superpowers.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
right. the only one i disagree with is Peach vs. Zelda because it was stacked completely in Peach's favor (and in light of Zelda games since then, i think it warrants a revisit similar to Goku vs. Superman and Samus vs. Boba Fett). contrast Batman vs. Spider-Man, which i don't like the result of but have to agree with the reasoning: for as awesome as he is, Batman is still only human, whereas Spider-Man is an actual superhuman with actual superpowers.
Eh, the fact Batman has beaten actual super humans before still makes the Spider-man one questionable in my eyes. I find Spider-man much more easily beaten, than say Wolverine, who even if Batman beat him, would have to worry about him just regenerating.

Anyone playing Resident Evil VII? I am...sort of. I've played on and off since release, but apparently I'm still able to get spooked when I'm alone at night playing. So I've been playing to the brink of heart attack, and then stopping for the night. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:30 pm

Well now..I have one less critic to respect.

Did Joe even do his research about Anna Sarkeesian at all? Way to betray and sell yourself out, Joe...
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:49 am

Batman vs Spider-Man is not very refutable. Because unlike many super powered people Spider-Man is a genius. He may actually be smarter than Wayne's genius level intellect. Plus he has spider sense and he pulls his punches. So not only could he dodge whatever Wayne threw he could actually knock out or kill Wayne in ONE PUNCH.

Also Drake better have one that. Then again apparently he can't throw a flying punch since he threw a couple at Nadine in UC4 and she took it like a concrete jaw would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next