Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:13 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Scott B wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Sony is far from the greatest ever in terms of console makers lol.

Certainly isn't anyone from the console crash nor Nintendo.

Sure sony stole Sega's ideas for PS1 but PS2 is arguably the greatest system built. Sony sure has more going for its case than against it, especially with its competitors during its run not providing much competition since 2005.

Sony also took from Nintendo's ideas (motion controls) because they saw it was working for the Wii and then it fell flat on it's face with the PS Move, and if Sony hasnt had any competition since 2005 why did the Wii outsell both the 360 AND the PS3?

If we're throwing numbers into the mix, the Wii outsold the PS2 by 4 million in the United States alone even though it was a different console generation.

The PS4 is doing very well because Sony knew how to market their console as an actual box that plays games while MS botched their entire delivery on the One and Nintendo didn't market the Wii U correctly. If either of those 2 didn't completely botch their deliveries we'd be looking at a tight race for this generation.
Actually there is a video from 2002, showing Sony playing with a wand and motion controls, along with their eye toy. It was a concept far before Wii.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 5:27 pm

Prowler wrote:
It's here!

And he's voiced by Sasuke/Lagoon Boy/Ben 10! XD
i'm predicting this one to generally be better than previous Spider-Man for the same reason the Arkham series was: it's not a tie-in game.
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Based Kojima.
i'm callin' it right now: this is the successor to Silent Hills, and i couldn't be more excited (which is saying something since i'm not a big horror fan)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 12:26 am

Haha, that is so true. I've learned to be more careful with what games I get compared to ten years ago. xP
Quick question, what do you think of the Spider-Man 2 tie-in game and Web of Shadows?

Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 12:55 am

i think those were before my time as a more dedicated gamer: i really got into it when i got my 360 in 2012. i think i played a bit of the first Spider-Man tie-in game at the dentist, of all places (the pediatric dentist had a couple of consoles for kids to play with while waiting for their parents to finish paperwork and such--that's also where i saw Street Fighter for the first time, over twenty years ago) but that's it. the name Web of Shadows sounds familiar but i never played it--before my 360 i mainly played PC games like Empire Earth and Carnivores with a bit of Zoo Tycoon, and otherwise SNES games (including the criminally underrated, loosely-connected Quintet series of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Act Raiser--there's a fourth, Terranigma, and an Act Raiser sequel but i haven't played that one) and a decent selection of GameCube and then Wii games (i actually skipped over the N64, getting my SNES about the time the GameCube came out and then right to that one)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 am

Prowler wrote:
Haha, that is so true. I've learned to be more careful with what games I get compared to ten years ago. xP
Quick question, what do you think of the Spider-Man 2 tie-in game and Web of Shadows?

Spider-Man 2 is the best Spider-Man game ever made. If you take into consideration when it was made and keep your expectations to that level you will love it. It was ahead of its time.

Web of Shadows was a bag of hot, wet garbage. :p
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:33 am

Dang. I actually liked Web of Shadows. tongue

Meanwhile, DBZ fans are hyped for Xenoverse 2 which is nice and all but I'm still waiting for an open-world Dragon Ball game; something with the same potential as Dragon Ball Online but on a bigger scale like that of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i think those were before my time as a more dedicated gamer: i really got into it when i got my 360 in 2012. i think i played a bit of the first Spider-Man tie-in game at the dentist, of all places (the pediatric dentist had a couple of consoles for kids to play with while waiting for their parents to finish paperwork and such--that's also where i saw Street Fighter for the first time, over twenty years ago) but that's it. the name Web of Shadows sounds familiar but i never played it--before my 360 i mainly played PC games like Empire Earth and Carnivores with a bit of Zoo Tycoon, and otherwise SNES games (including the criminally underrated, loosely-connected Quintet series of Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Act Raiser--there's a fourth, Terranigma, and an Act Raiser sequel but i haven't played that one) and a decent selection of GameCube and then Wii games (i actually skipped over the N64, getting my SNES about the time the GameCube came out and then right to that one)

Other tie-in games I've played are Iron Man and Iron Man 2, the second one I fortunately only rented and the first one was okay-ish, I liked the flight system.

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:51 am

Prowler wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:

Other tie-in games I've played are Iron Man and Iron Man 2, the second one I fortunately only rented and the first one was okay-ish, I liked the flight system.

Despite being pretty lackluster in the grand scheme if things, I admit one of the things I loved was the super powers in Saints Row IV, and I really loved when you were in the real world at the end, and got the "Iron Saint" armor. That game really was a lot of fun. Never finished the DLC though.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 12:52 pm

i would say that the only tie-in game i have and kept is the SNES Jurassic Park game, but i'm not sure that counts since it came out in '94. actually, now that i think about it, i also have the GameBoy Lost World game, though that also hardly counts since it really has no similarities except for having dinos from the movies and the TLW label

anyway, i've mainly been playing Skyrim again recently. i'd meant to get to another run on Assassin's Creed III but fell back into Skyrim instead. playing as a totally different character than i did before: my first run (technically two since i decided to restart it) was an all-purpose Breton specializing in sword-and-shield with a bow for ranged attacks, partly a take on Aragorn and King Arthur, meant to be just so i could get accustomed to the game; in this run, i decided to play as a dedicated Imperial mage (loosely based on and named after Circe) who's ended up becoming a vampire.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Prowler wrote:
Dang. I actually liked Web of Shadows. tongue

Meanwhile, DBZ fans are hyped for Xenoverse 2 which is nice and all but I'm still waiting for an open-world Dragon Ball game; something with the same potential as Dragon Ball Online but on a bigger scale like that of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series.

Oshronosaurus wrote:

You and me Prowler, I loved Web Of Shadows, I loved the combat, I loved the city, I liked the concept behind the story (symbiotes!!!) but the execution was a bit meh that's true. To me its the best Spider man game!

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 1:48 pm

A Horror Movie Fighter From the Mortal Kombat Devs? 'One Day'

Quote :
Ed Boon, director of Mortal Kombat X and Injustice 2, has said he'd be open to the idea of making a fighting game with a cast of horror movie characters.

The last two Mortal Kombat games have included guest characters from the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Alien, Predator and Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchises, and Game Informer asked Boon whether NetherRealm Studios might take the next logical step and build a whole game around horror icons.

"Yes, yes! You know, as we've been accumulating them, that idea has been coming up more and more frequently," he explained. "You brought it up and a few other people have brought it up like 'why don't you do a horror movie fighting game?' Maybe one day we'll do it."

I'd play the hell outta this if it actually came out. There was a fan game called Terrordrome and it looked pretty good but it didnt have everybody.

Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Horror Smash Bros. ?

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Star Wars Battlefront May Get New Single-Player Mode

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 9:11 pm

i formally joined the Stormcloaks on my current run of Skyrim and completed in the Battle of Whiterun...

...i don't think i want to play anymore Sad i think i'll go and make an intended Imperial-aligned character and see how it goes from there, and if that one ends up depressing me, too, then i think i just won't touch the Civil War quests in future playthroughs

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:26 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i formally joined the Stormcloaks on my current run of Skyrim and completed in the Battle of Whiterun...

...i don't think i want to play anymore Sad i think i'll go and make an intended Imperial-aligned character and see how it goes from there, and if that one ends up depressing me, too, then i think i just won't touch the Civil War quests in future playthroughs

Yeah the Civil war plot is a bit depressing. On the Stormcloak side getting rid of Balgruuf can be kind of hard becuase he does generally want the best for Whiterun and just finds himself caught in the middle of Tullius and Ulfric. On the Imperial side dealing with Ulfric can also be a bit hard because he doesn't seem like such a bad guy and seems to represent the sentiments of most of the people of Skyrim.

I do think in the next Elder Scrolls game they won't pick a clear side to win though. I'm fairly sure you've beaten the main questline so I don't think this is a spoiler but in case it is :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 10:56 pm

I always picked Stormcloaks, mostly because of rebel bias since at the time of playing Skyrim I was participating in the Libyan Civil War.

They definitely have problems tho, with racism, disorganization and what not, but I play as an Aragonian so I think being a lizard war hero will make Nords less racist against my kind. If I was a Dark Elf I'd probably join up the imperials since they make things better for the Dark Elves in there, but as for lizard-people they get shat on by both sides Imperials don't get any +s for that.

The Whiterun segment is the low point for the Rebel storyline tho end of that quest line is pretty epic. In the same way I really like the Whiterun segment of the Imperials Questline but I always felt a bit sad in the last quest.

In other news: Now that my exams are over I sat down and beat Witcher 3: Hearts Of Stone, probably the best single piece of DLC I have ever played, now unto Blood and Wine.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 11:28 pm

Rex Prime wrote:
I always picked Stormcloaks, mostly because of rebel bias since at the time of playing Skyrim I was participating in the Libyan Civil War.
wait, what?
Megaspino2 wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i formally joined the Stormcloaks on my current run of Skyrim and completed in the Battle of Whiterun...

...i don't think i want to play anymore Sad i think i'll go and make an intended Imperial-aligned character and see how it goes from there, and if that one ends up depressing me, too, then i think i just won't touch the Civil War quests in future playthroughs

Yeah the Civil war plot is a bit depressing. On the Stormcloak side getting rid of Balgruuf can be kind of hard becuase he does generally want the best for Whiterun and just finds himself caught in the middle of Tullius and Ulfric. On the Imperial side dealing with Ulfric can also be a bit hard because he doesn't seem like such a bad guy and seems to represent the sentiments of most of the people of Skyrim. 

I do think in the next Elder Scrolls game they won't pick a clear side to win though. I'm fairly sure you've beaten the main questline so I don't think this is a spoiler but in case it is :

Spoiler:
yeah, i beat it previously with an all-purpose Breton named Arataur (my current run is a dedicated mage Imperial named Circe--i was inspired Wink Razz) but i'd known a good amount of the overall plot beforehand since it is from five years ago, after all. i've found as i went along--probably just like alot of other gamers before me--that i have sympathy for both sides but can't fully agree with either. i just hope Elder Scrolls 6 let's us give the Thalmor what for--they're the REAL villains (i have unlike Ulfric and Tullius and their allies, i have zero sympathy for the Nazi analogues)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 11:36 am

So, Steam Summer Sale is here and I don't have any peny to spend on it. Sad

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rex Prime wrote:
wait, what?

Oh yeah, not a lot of people know but I am Libyan, and I lived through the 2010 Libyan Civil War, I live in Canada now but I only left Libya after the war ended. But that is off-topic.

But agreed, the end of the day, the Thalmor are the only real bad guys, both the imperials and the rebels can end up fighting them.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 6:02 pm

New Sonic Team Game Launching Next Year

Quote :

After announcing earlier this week that a brand-new Sonic the Hedgehog game is in the works, Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka confirmed the project will launch in 2017.

The news was revealed today in Tokyo during a celebration for the franchise's 25th anniversary (via Gematsu).

Specifics about the new title will be unveiled during SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog 25th Anniversary Party, which will be held on July 22 in San Diego.

While the new game won't be out until next year, 3DS owners are getting a new installment in the Sonic Boom series, which launches on September 27 in the United States, September 30 in Europe and October 1 in Australia. In addition, the speedy blue hedgehog is headed to LEGO Dimensions in a forthcoming expansion.

Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
New Sonic Team Game Launching Next Year

Quote :

After announcing earlier this week that a brand-new Sonic the Hedgehog game is in the works, Sonic Team head Takashi Iizuka confirmed the project will launch in 2017.

The news was revealed today in Tokyo during a celebration for the franchise's 25th anniversary (via Gematsu).

Specifics about the new title will be unveiled during SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog 25th Anniversary Party, which will be held on July 22 in San Diego.

While the new game won't be out until next year, 3DS owners are getting a new installment in the Sonic Boom series, which launches on September 27 in the United States, September 30 in Europe and October 1 in Australia. In addition, the speedy blue hedgehog is headed to LEGO Dimensions in a forthcoming expansion.

Still waiting on some sort of follow up to Sonic Generations. Please, don't screw up (and don't make it a Nintendo Exclusive)

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Really looking forward to that Robinson game for PlayStation VR. It's about Dino's and they said the VR really gives you a sense of scale.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 11:50 am

Family Guy, Futurama and More Becoming Hearthstone-alike

Quote :

Kongregate and Fox Digital Entertainment have announced Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards for iOS and Android.

It'll be a new mobile game featuring characters from American Dad!, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, Futurama, and King of the Hill. These Fox cartoon characters will feature on collectible cards and you'll be building decks and battling them against each other. You know, like all the other card games.

The Quest for Cards is being co-developed by Synapse Games and Chinzilla, with Kongregate leading game design and management.

“In Animation Throwdown, Peter Griffin will duke it out with Bob Belcher, or Leela, or even Hank Hill. Fans get to select their all-star lineup in this inventive, genre-bending game,” said Rick Phillips, executive vice president of Fox Digital Entertainment.

There's no firm release date yet, but Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards is due for release in Q3, so expect it in a few months time.

For the love of god stop making these games for mobile. Put them on PC at least.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Family Guy, Futurama and More Becoming Hearthstone-alike

Quote :

Kongregate and Fox Digital Entertainment have announced Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards for iOS and Android.

It'll be a new mobile game featuring characters from American Dad!, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, Futurama, and King of the Hill. These Fox cartoon characters will feature on collectible cards and you'll be building decks and battling them against each other. You know, like all the other card games.

The Quest for Cards is being co-developed by Synapse Games and Chinzilla, with Kongregate leading game design and management.

“In Animation Throwdown, Peter Griffin will duke it out with Bob Belcher, or Leela, or even Hank Hill. Fans get to select their all-star lineup in this inventive, genre-bending game,” said Rick Phillips, executive vice president of Fox Digital Entertainment.

There's no firm release date yet, but Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards is due for release in Q3, so expect it in a few months time.

For the love of god stop making these games for mobile. Put them on PC at least.

No Simpsons and two out of those four shows are cancelled? not to mention Fox dumped Futurama's revival elsewhere. Still, could be interesting, if I cared about these card games.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Fox dumped American Dad onto TBS as well.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 12:23 am

So I hear Mighty No.9 sucks... I'm actually pretty disappointed by that. Didn't back it, but I had high hopes.

For anyone else disappointed, try Azure Striker Gunvolt. Or, it's still in Beta, but there's a Megaman X-style game called 20XX on Steam, and it's already more polished than MNo.9 and more fun to play.

Back to top Go down
CloneTrooper101
Embryo
Embryo
CloneTrooper101

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 12:44 am

Who here is getting Battlefield 1? I'm going to pre-order it for the Xbox One when I have the chance.

"The Force will be with you, always..." - Obi-wan Kenobi
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 3:36 am

I am getting Battlefield 1 on PC, tho I am not pre-ordering until I play the beta and make sure it runs well on my PC. My PC and games is on/off. It runs BF4 well, and recently ran DooM and Overwatch very well, tho it died trying to play Mirrors Edge Catalyst's beta.

Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 4:55 pm

CloneTrooper101 wrote:
Who here is getting Battlefield 1? I'm going to pre-order it for the Xbox One when I have the chance.

I'm not going to pre-order it but I'll get it for PS4 when it comes out. This will actually be my first FPS game aside from Star Wars Battlefront since the first Black Opps.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 5:59 pm

I admit I'm biased, but does anybody else consider the original Metal Gear Solid to be the greatest PS1 game of all time?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Xbox Co-Creator Hopes Sony Will Respond to Microsoft's Invitation to Link XBL and PSN

Quote :

In March, Microsoft turned heads when it publicly invited other platform holders, including potentially Sony, to have their online games connect to Xbox Live. Never before has there been cross-play between Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. While Sony did respond to Microsoft's invitation, the company's statement was indecisive.

Now, Xbox co-creator Ed Fries has called on Sony to respond to Microsoft's invitation in a more official capacity. This came up in an IGN interview in which Fries--who no longer works at Microsoft--talked about the "great job" Xbox boss Phil Spencer is doing.

"When I decided to quit Microsoft, I had 1,200 people working for me. One person walked into my office and said, 'Should I quit, too?' That was Phil Spencer," he said.

Spencer is a "great guy" who has a "ton of loyalty" to Microsoft, Fries added. Spencer, who was originally recruited by Fries, has worked for Microsoft for more than 25 years.

Fries went on to say that Spencer has done a great job of "fixing" some of the problems related to Microsoft's Xbox One unveiling and initial launch.

"A great example is this opening of Xbox Live for cross-platform play," Fries said. "I hope that Sony is going to respond. It's good to see some of the war kind of ramping down; more respect and cooperation between those two groups."

"I'm very optimistic for the future of both companies."

There have been no Xbox One/PS4 cross-play games yet, but Psyonix's soccer-with-cars game Rocket League could be the first, if it's ever allowed. Psyonix said it's not a technical matter holding it back, but rather it's an issue of politics.

"The only thing we have to do now is sort of find out where we stand politically with everyone, and then it's full steam ahead to finish the solution that we've already started," the developer said.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next