Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The King Kong thread

Go down 
+19
Rhedosaurus
Troyal1
evolution_rex
Dr. Wu
CT-1138
Levine
Oliphaunt
Katana
Lost
owenpratt
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Mysterious Hero M
Megaspino2
BarrytheOnyx
Raptor Blue
Dead2009
Aegyptiacus3
RolandEden
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

The King Kong thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 pm

also after seeing Kong, I would like Brie Larson in a Jurassic movie.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 4:50 pm

So far, Kong: Skull Island has mode slightly over $477 million dollars.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 5:24 pm

I think it's fair to say now that they'll reach $500 million worldwide in a couple of weeks, enough to break even for sure, and doing roughly the same level of business as Godzilla. I was tempted to imagine that it could have powered to $600-$700 million overall, based on their strong marketing and star power. It would be ironic that despite being more action orientated and much shorter than the Peter Jackson Kong, it ended its box office run in that general area of $550 million.

The King Kong thread - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo
DeiXnonychus

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 pm

I'd say the film made a good several hundred million for all studios involved. I think the reason it may not have earned as much is due to Beauty and the Beast getting released and Power Rangers.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:49 pm

So far, Kong: Skull Island has made $535 million overall.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 3:11 pm

King Kong TV Series in Development, Unrelated to Legendary’s Kong: Skull Island
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/839083-king-kong-tv-series-in-development-unrelated-to-legendarys-kong-skull-island#3ZgbG5FFfBKfJvOx.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Reading the pitch for this series, my eyebrow went up an inch or two. But not necessarily for the right reasons. First off claiming its a "contemporary continuation of the classic with a female-led, multi-cultural ensemble" strikes me as a tad contradictory, since claiming the 1933 King Kong is canon to a modern day setting is incredibly perfunctory. It's like dangling the original's appealing 1930s adventure serial setting in your face but not really embracing that.

The words "female-led" and "multi-cultural" are terrible and buzzwords in today's journalism climate, and nowadays come across as a real turn off, but it is worth noting that the 2005 film was ultimately focused more on Ann Darrow than it was Carl Denham, and the Venture crew did consist of sailors of various nationalities and ethnicities. The big difference between that and, say, GB2016 or something similar along those lines is how much they tried to shove the agenda in your face. Even allowing for the possibility that they do manage to walk that balance well, the real deciding factor is the creature effects, because unless you're HBO or a similar high profile channel most creature CGI is going to look quite poor. Whatever the case may be, I hope this isn't a fool's errand.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 5:36 pm

2 seconds were cut for every 5 minutes shot from Kong: Skull Island.

Overall, it made slightly over $566 million dollars

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Kong: Skull Island aside, one thing i like doing is figuring out what the "essential" animals on Skull Island are, mainly comparing and contrasting the original film and the 2005 version since the latter has the most realistic ecosystem. there's actually alot more parallels between the two than the films suggest, like how the World of Kong book has mention of a stegosaur called Atercurisaurus that's obviously an homage to the stegosaur from the original film

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Jordan Vogt talks some more about Kong Vs Godzilla!

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 1:41 pm

A collection of excerpts from Howard Shore's rejected score for Peter Jackson's King Kong has emerged, and honestly I'm not sure what to make of it. I enjoyed listening to it, the blend of electronic and tribal music gives it a strong 90s action movie vibe, and as we know the film was initially greenlit in the 90s so you can imagine a crazier, more action driven version of this film having this score. But I can see why it was discarded, it doesn't fit the tone of the finished film in any way.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The King Kong thread   The King Kong thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The King Kong thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5