Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Transformers Thread

Go down 
+9
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
CT-1138
Minmi
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 10:38 pm

TRK wrote:
Probably unpopular opinion : I watched TF5 and really enjoyed it.

Good for you. Not being sarcastic. There are plenty of movies I go against the critics and general audience members on.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 11:09 pm

I just went in expecting a popcorn flick that was entertaining enough. Throw in some robot warriors and a dinosaur or two and I'm a happy man. Also Frank Welker as Megatron was a big appeal.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 10:39 am

Could Shia return for Transformers 6?

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 pm

TRK wrote:
I just went in expecting a popcorn flick that was entertaining enough. Throw in some robot warriors and a dinosaur or two and I'm a happy man. Also Frank Welker as Megatron was a big appeal.

My friend felt the same as you.

He's not happy about the box office.

Honestly at this point even if the films got great reviews could it save them? I'm not so sure... i think people will forever associate this universe with Michael bay until it gets a reboot.

Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 am

So is transformers 5 actually done box office wise(foreign?).

If so, ouch.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 5:46 am

I really have to wonder if Paramount is considering hitting the reboot button in order to restore confidence and interest in the franchise. Nowadays, in an age where photorealistic CGI characters can inhabit the screen for long stretches of time alongside humans (this wans't necessarily the case in 2007 from a technological standpoint), I think now the Autobots and Decepticons should be able to carry their own film now, and much less on humans.

The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:44 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I really have to wonder if Paramount is considering hitting the reboot button in order to restore confidence and interest in the franchise. Nowadays, in an age where photorealistic CGI characters can inhabit the screen for long stretches of time alongside humans (this wans't necessarily the case in 2007 from a technological standpoint), I think now the Autobots and Decepticons should be able to carry their own film now, and much less on humans.

They probably will after the 6th movie, but they would have to wait 6-8 years.

Speaking of which, Transformers 5 has made $517 million dollars, but only just under $125 million here in the United States. BOM says it has a budget of $217 million dollars. So even though it will make a respectable profit, it will still underperform.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Speaking of which, Transformers 5 has made $517 million dollars, but only just under $125 million here in the United States. BOM says it has a budget of $217 million dollars. So even though it will make a respectable profit, it will still underperform.

Yeah but the last one made over a billion. I thought the over seas would bring this at least to 750 total. A bit over 500 seems really shocking even in a year filled with tired sequels.

I know they made profit but did anyone expect such a large drop?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Yeah but the last one made over a billion. I thought the over seas would bring this at least to 750 total. A bit over 500 seems really shocking even in a year filled with tired sequels.

I know they made profit but did anyone expect such a large drop?

I think it's safe to say that was an anomaly. China is starting to wise up when it comes to seeing our crappy movies. It might get to $700 million, but that's pretty iffy. I'm thinking around $600-$620 million. Maybe $630-$640 million.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 4:05 pm

John Cena Joins The Cast Of Transformers Spin-Off Bumblebee

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

This made me laugh out loud. :')

Ah, the simple pleasures in life.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 4:41 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Yep lol!

It's also been slated for December 2018 btw. Instead of June.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/transformers-spinoff-bumblebee-flies-to-december-2018-1202139401/

Lots of talk on Reddit about it going against Aquaman
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Yep lol!

http://deadline.com/2017/07/transformers-spinoff-bumblebee-flies-to-december-2018-1202139401/

He said that we can't see him. In this case, he's right. I won't see it. I'll see Avengers: Infinity War and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom instead. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman is no longer part of the Transformers movie franchise.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Yep lol!

He said that we can't see him. In this case, he's right. I won't see it. I'll see Avengers: Infinity War and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom instead. Razz

Me as well.!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Screenwriter Akiva Goldsman is no longer part of the Transformers movie franchise.

First sign of an attempted cinematic universe crashing like the Hindenburg? Directors, producers and writers bail out quick.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:26 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

First sign of an attempted cinematic universe crashing like the Hindenburg? Directors, producers and writers bail out quick.

I still think that Transformers 6 will be the final Micheal Bay made Transformers movie. They can try to make a few spin-off prequels a la Bumblebee, but I don't see that working. This whole thing is tainted now. At least with the DCMU, you can salvage something. This you can't salvage ANYTHING! Not unless you consider what not to do as salvaging something, anyway.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:40 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I still think that Transformers 6 will be the final Micheal Bay made Transformers movie. They can try to make a few spin-off prequels a la Bumblebee, but I don't see that working. This whole thing is tainted now. At least with the DCMU, you can salvage something. This you can't salvage ANYTHING! Not unless you consider what not to do as salvaging something, anyway.

Even if Paramount were to reboot Transformers and give it a complete rehaul in a way that resembles the G1 cartoon (with the writing panache and character development of Beast Wars) and dispenses with all of Michael Bay's blockbuster fingerprints, I think audiences will not only be wary but completely dismissive of it even if it turned out to be a good film. Spider-Man: Homecoming is slowly crawling its way up to the total box office of TASM2

And suppose they go the reboot route, that leaves Paramount without a major competing franchise for a good many years and other major releases that really struggle to make their money back. They have Mission: Impossible and the Cloverfield movies... and that's it. There's no word about bringing back Star Trek to the big screen after the decidedly lousy marketing and weak box office for Star Trek Beyond.

They need something to replace Transformers. Not to insert too much of my own biases in this, but if I were an executive at Paramount I would seriously pump the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate for another go at the John Carter of Mars books; establish a new sci-fi space opera while still being visually distinct in every way from the Andrew Stanton movie. The rest of Burroughs' vast worlds can follow from there.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:53 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Even if Paramount were to reboot Transformers and give it a complete rehaul in a way that resembles the G1 cartoon (with the writing panache and character development of Beast Wars) and dispenses with all of Michael Bay's blockbuster fingerprints, I think audiences will not only be wary but completely dismissive of it even if it turned out to be a good film. Spider-Man: Homecoming is slowly crawling its way up to the total box office of TASM2

And suppose they go the reboot route, that leaves Paramount without a major competing franchise for a good many years and other major releases that really struggle to make their money back. They have Mission: Impossible and the Cloverfield movies... and that's it. There's no word about bringing back Star Trek to the big screen after the decidedly lousy marketing and weak box office for Star Trek Beyond.

They need something to replace Transformers. Not to insert too much of my own biases in this, but if I were an executive at Paramount I would seriously pump the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate for another go at the John Carter of Mars books; establish a new sci-fi space opera while still being visually distinct in every way from the Andrew Stanton movie. The rest of Burroughs' vast worlds can follow from there.

James Cameron said that he plans to reboot the Terminator franchise. And given how Paramount said that they planned to make a proper T3 that took place after T2 and would have rendered all the other Terminator movies made after T2 non-canon, I'm going under the mindset that Paramount gave the rights back to Cameron in exchange for him making that franchise Paramount's main cash cow. Although given how Paramount is $13.5-$14 billion in debt, I see them giving the rights back to Cameron no questions asked and with no strings attached. So untill further notice, we might as well consider Terminator under Cameron's control as Paramount's next major franchise.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 pm

The all-star writers room that Akiva Goldsman made for the Transformers franchise has been disbanded.

We might as well consider this official. The Transformers movie franchise will end with Transformers 6. There's no coming back from all this.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The all-star writers room that Akiva Goldsman made for the Transformers franchise has been disbanded.

We might as well consider this official. The Transformers movie franchise will end with Transformers 6. There's no coming back from all this.

Wow. That's pretty big.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 2:40 pm

It looks like the Transformers movie franchise is trying the animation route to save itself.

It won't work. The franchise is just too toxic right now.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2017 3:27 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the Transformers movie franchise is trying the animation route to save itself.

It won't work. The franchise is just too toxic right now.

In its current iteration, agreed. I don't particularly care for this Transformers movie series and would rather see a better version of it take its place.

But if they brought up the simpler template of one of their earlier Transformers cartoons, gave it a major animation boost and retained most of the voice cast, you might have the foundations for a solid animated film. This might strike several as an odd comparison, but right now I think Hasbro is going to be very carefully watching the My Little Pony Movie to see how well it performs. Yes, there are so many huge differences in tone and style between both of these franchises, but its clear that one has been an on-going success on television for several reasons including good writing, likable characters and having several levels of humour that works for different age groups.

Also, with the live action Transformers films starting to fail at the box office and being ungodly expensive, the comparatively cheaper medium of animation as well as a whole new team behind it could be what the franchise needs to redeem itself. The focus would naturally shift away from general audiences to families and long-time fans of the franchise, but I believe it would help.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Acordingh to this article (90% through) Transformers 5 will have hard a time to make $600 million dollars.

Back to top Go down
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 pm

this'n, once, for, more to, check, this breathe, some, timing,
why, could we be made to believe, that any aspect of our reality, would never involve what you know, unless, I couldn't breathe right, or,
that you could not, intuit a response to this post, can you? these messages here are, changing not, they seem, broken, yet, no, these comma, here, for my, communication,
intuition? do you know me, better, by this read?
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Let's try and stay on topic yeah?

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 9:45 pm

TRK, that whole thing was written to sound like Optimus Prime, why aren't you reading into things? I love Transformers, what are you talking about?

but more like, the pauses and breaks are a machine, breaking down his breathing, because I can't tell what people are saying?

are you guys all here, posting life? or, did you deceive me? hiii, what's up? Who's your favorite Autobot?
Back to top Go down
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 9:48 pm

Am I allowed to try and talk like bumblebee? I know I AM!! how in the world do you guys learn how to talk to people, if you don't play with them? I don't know all your dialects, do you this one?

"I can't be enough!" "Listen, listen, life just isn't the same no more."
"Who are you, anyway?" "Are we really here?"
"I'M not angry, your wife is angry, do I look angry to you?" "Okay, what?" "Try again, sailor, it ain't all our faults, just yours.. you know?"
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Your posts look extremely like that of a spam bot. You cannot blame us for being sceptical. Just wanted to make sure.

Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 7:02 am

the BUMBLEbee says...
"Listen, listen, it's AALL alright by now, y'hear?" "We can't be Doin' this Charlie!" "But you know what? maybe it'll work out okay?" "Who's here? Who's in there?!" "Are you all the same?" "Where'd all my FRIENDS go?"

hey guys, what's up? Ever think Megatron was more like, Magneto, and just made sure he and Optimus had the real evil ones, properly squared off, and accounted for? I mean, what would happen if all the decepticons were, transforming, hidden monsters, instead of serving Megatron, you know? Mega, Tron? He's a security program?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Transformers Thread   The Transformers Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Transformers Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next