Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History

Go down 
+3
sdp
Rhedosaurus
Océane
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Empty
PostSubject: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:21 am

Question 1: When, and how did you first watch each film?
Question 2: In estimation, how many times would you say you've seen each of them? From start to finish preferably.
Question 3: How many times do you think you still will want to rewatch the film from start to finish before you die?

Mine:

Jurassic Park
Q1) First saw it recorded off from TV in September 1997. Wish I still had that original tape. I remember vividly having just watched King Kong (1933) for the first time that very morning so it was quite a double feature! As I was 7 years at that time I remember going off to puddles in rain outside, and trying to mimic the T-Rex water ripple effect Very Happy
Q2) Countless times, I really can't give any estimations! It's the most watched film of mine bar none, easily.
Q3) Countless times

The Lost World

Q1) It was out in theaters by about the same time I first watched JP, and I remember the toys in store. I'm pretty sure I had actually bought some of them before even seeing JP (I was dinosaur nut as kid) and not really knowing what they were, lol. However, I never actually saw the film in theaters (it was shown only for single weekend), my first viewing came only whenever it came out on VHS here. Must've been very early 1998 I think, winter or spring? So probably saw it first time half a year or so after JP.
Q2) Probably 10-15 times through from start to finish. Many, many times from middle way through or whatever.
Q3) Couple of times

Jurassic Park 3

Q1) Theater in 2001. Again we had releases very late here back then (only few film copies circulating the country, and obviously no digital theaters) so it was either August or September, probably August as it was still warm enough to bike home without extra clothing.
Q2) 5 to 10 times from start to finish? Quite a few times from middle way through.
Q3) Once or twice

Jurassic World

Q1) Theater in 2015 July, delayed watching it by a month
Q2) Once from start to finish. Second time watched half way through until stopping.
Q3) Probably never, or maybe once, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:33 pm

JP:
Q1: My first exposure to JP was in second grade, at my aunt's house. I was scared of the movie, and sort of just looked away. 3 Years later, my best friend fell in love with Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, and we watched the first film.
Q2: About 17 times.
Q3: 50-75.

TLW:
Q1: The same friend had downloaded TLW on his tablet, and we watched it in the car, while his father was running some errands.
Q2: 26 times. 27 tonight.
Q3: 100, easily. Once I get my own room, I'll end up watching it on loop.

JP///:
Q1: I don't remember, sadly.
Q2: 7 times.
Q3: 25-50, maybe.

JW:
Q1: June 12, 2016. 11:20 am. Left school early that day, so I could watch the movie with my father. I had waited 2 years for that day.
Q2: 9 times. It's not that I don't like it as much as TLW or JP, I just haven't had as long to rewatch.
Q3: 50-75.

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:35 pm

That's pretty accurate account of views there Very Happy You've counted every single time you've watched?
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 12:36 am

Mistral wrote:
That's pretty accurate account of views there Very Happy You've counted every single time you've watched?
Based on memory, yes. Give or take 2 on JP.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 12:23 pm

JP:

1. 1994 on VHS.
2. At least 50
3. Not Sure but at least 300

TLW

1. 1997 at the Romeo Theater
2. 45-50
3. Same as JP

JP3

1. 2001 at Utica Theater
2. Not counting bits and pieces, just once.
3. Never again in my lifetime.

JW.

1. 2015 at the same theater that I saw TLW
2. So far, just once in it's entirity, but bits and pieces elsewhere. (I have the Lego JW game to make up for that though.)
3. At least 200 time.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 1:14 pm

JP
1 - Theaters shortly after it came out
2 - No idea I loved the movie and had the VHS, also saw it plenty of times as an adult I watch it every 2-4 years depends, I saw it 3 times when it was on theaters again in 3D (random guess ~25 but could be a few less or a lot more)
3 - No idea, I marathon them every 3 years or so when I feel like watching it again (random guess if I watch them every 3 years for the next 60 years plus a few more random times I may watch it around 25)

TLW
2 - No idea, but considerably less than JP since I got the VHS very late (random guess ~12 but could be a few less or a few more)
3 - No idea, I marathon them every 3 years or so when I feel like watching it again (random guess if I watch them every 3 years for the next 60 years around 18)

JP///
2 - No idea, but a few less than TLW since I got the DVD very late (random guess ~8 but could be a few less or a few more)
3 - No idea, I marathon them every 3 years or so when I feel like watching it again (random guess if I watch them every 3 years for the next 60 years around 18)

JW
1 - Theaters day of release
2 - two times not a guess since I only saw it on theaters twice and it's so recent I remember
3 - No idea, I'll marathon it every 3 years or so when I feel like watching them again (random guess if I watch them every 3 years for the next 60 years around 18)

While JP is the best film I enjoy all sequels about the same so I usually marathon everything and will continue unless JW2/3 are really really bad. The second question is almost impossible to really say and I think that's true for everyone, The first movie being a classic I'll definitely watch it with more people, now what if I have children that love JP in that case I'll probably end up watching the movie more than I'd ever want to watch it haha. And how do some of you plan to watch it 300 times? That's watching the movie 5 times per year for the rest of your life counting you live 60 more years from your current age, even 50 times means watching it every year for the rest of your life.

http://miscrave.com
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 2:29 pm

JP
1) When I was very young. Can't specify.
2) 20-30 times?
3) At least ten more viewings before I die.

~~~~

TLW
1) When I was very young. I can't specify.
2) 20-30 times.
3) I think ten more viewings would be fine.

~~~~

JP3
1) When I was very young. Can't specify.
2) 20-30 times. . . .
3) 10.

~~~~

JW
1) Saw it within the first week in theaters.
2) About six times.
3) 15+

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 6:45 pm

sdp wrote:
And how do some of you plan to watch it 300 times? That's watching the movie 5 times per year for the rest of your life counting you live 60 more years from your current age, even 50 times means watching it every year for the rest of your life.

Maybe they leave it on background while doing other stuff, and count that as watch too?
Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 7:02 pm

JP:
Q1: A long time ago in a galaxy far far away
Q2: Too many times to count
Q3: Many many more times

TLW:
Q1: A long time ago...
Q2: Over 50+
Q3: Many more times

JP3:
Q1: VCR
Q2: Over 25+
Q3: Watched it this week

JW:
Q1: Theatre
Q2: 15 or so times
Q3: Yeah I'll revisit it

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 11:19 am

JP:

Q1: Saw it in theaters as a 3 year old when it was first released.
Q1: Literally hundreds of times. Not an exaggeration.
Q3: Likely dozens and dozens of times.

TLW:

Q1: Saw it in theaters as a 7 year old.
Q2: Dozens of times. Too many to count.
Q3:Probably quite a few more times.

JP3:

Q1: Saw it in theaters as an 11 year old.
Q2: Probably about 4 or 5 times.
Q3: Probably a few more times. Although it is easily my least favorite film of the series, it's still a JP film, damnit! I could never write one off entirely. Too much of a fan of this franchise.

JW:

Q1: Saw it in theaters as a 25 year old.
Q2: Probably about 10 or so times.
Q3: Yup. Likely dozens and dozens times.

Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 11:38 am

Do you remember anything about being in a theater as 3 year old? I'm pretty sure my earliest (clear non-shady) memories are when I was four.

I saw Lion King in theaters in 1994 when I was four, but don't really remember anything about it except that I was there. Have better memory of watching it on VHS at day care

Anyway, I saw Land Before Time for the first time in Christmas 1995 as five year old, two years before first seeing JP. So that was actually my first big dinosaur film. Both are equally as nostalgic movie highlights in childhood. TLW wasn't really.
Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 am

Q1 - I saw JP for the first time (well, besides the few clips, etc. that I'd seen for most of my life) in 2015. I watched TLW and JP3 pretty soon after that, although now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I ever actually sat down and watched either of them from start to finish in one sitting. I watched JW after I bought it on Blu-ray.

Q2 - I've watched JP probably around 10-15 times, but some of those viewings have been fragments when it's been on TV. TLW and JP3 have been watched a few times, but always in fragments. I watched JW all the way through once.

Q3 - I'll probably watch JP many, many more times. I'm not so sure about the others Razz

Mistral wrote:
Anyway, I saw Land Before Time for the first time in Christmas 1995 as five year old, two years before first seeing JP. So that was actually my first big dinosaur film. Both are equally as nostalgic movie highlights in childhood. TLW wasn't really.

I was a HUGE fan of Land Before Time in the mid-late 90s (I even watched some of the sequels several times... probably annoyed my family a bit, lol). JP is still kind of nostalgic for me even though I wasn't into it at the time, since I do remember its popularity.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 am

Mistral wrote:
Do you remember anything about being in a theater as 3 year old? I'm pretty sure my earliest (clear non-shady) memories are when I was four.

All I really remember was being there, and that I wasn't overly scared. It really is one of my very earliest memories. In fact, the only actual memory I can recall from before the time I saw JP in theaters was playing with some old dinosaur toys at the place my parents worked. I know that was before I saw JP because I distinctly remember that I made the T. Rex toy the "bad guy", and I most assuredly didn't consider the Rex the "bad guy" after seeing JP.

Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm

smaugtheterrible wrote:
I was a HUGE fan of Land Before Time in the mid-late 90s (I even watched some of the sequels several times... probably annoyed my family a bit, lol

I bet the awful, repetitious sing-a-long songs in those sub standard sequels annoyed them plenty of Laughing

This is the only song from the sequels that was any good... always remembered this by memory. Though this here below is the English version which isn't my first language and therefore wasn't on the VHS I grew up with. But it's basically the same thing

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:

All I really remember was being there, and that I wasn't overly scared. It really is one of my very earliest memories. In fact, the only actual memory I can recall from before the time I saw JP in theaters was playing with some old dinosaur toys at the place my parents worked. I know that was before I saw JP because I distinctly remember that I made the T. Rex toy the "bad guy", and I most assuredly didn't consider the Rex the "bad guy" after seeing JP.

That's interesting as JP still sort of scared me as 7 year old.

TLW didn't at all even though I was only about half a year older in 1998. The raptors and Rex are just much more menacing in the first film, I always remember rewatching it as kid and actually hoping the second part, you know the scarier part of the film wouldn't start quite yet...  Embarassed "Yes Gennaro, keep talking about those coupons!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 9:39 am

Awwwwwwww. Nostalgia overload. For the first time since late 90's, I've now seen the pre-broadcast announcements & advertisements for Jurassic Park when it was first shown to me in TV in September of 1997. I thought I'd never seen them again after I lost the original recorded tape years and years ago.

Before anyone says something like "who cares of ads", well tell that to Super Bowl viewers Laughing also as I stated, nostalgia. It's amazing how clearly you remember them even after so many years. But then again I watched that tape from start to finish like million times, without fast forwarding the ads in fear of damaging the tape even further...

Warning: Unless you're Finnish and care about nostalgic presentations & ads, don't even bother opening the spoiler as you will not absolutely nothing out of this. Anyway, the breaks mid-film are also in tube but I'm not gonna link em here
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History   Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Jurassic Park Franchise Viewing History
Page 1 of 1