Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0

Go down 
+39
SpenzerJ
Pachyrhinosaurus
mosasaurus
FayhdrianColonist
The Malone Society
IllOrfanato
Dead2009
brunofernando
rommegrot
Megatronus Rex
The Geeky Zoologist
eagc7
Ewinzilla
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
TyrannosaurTJ
Spiegel
Sickle_Claw
CommanderKeller
owenpratt
Robotpo
Trexbreakout
Troyal1
NikoRex
JVM
Dilophosaurus
Dr. Wu
TyrantKing4Ever
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
Pokesaurus
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 10:19 am

Gigantosaurus is confirmed by Sam Neill.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0PAJTFQ25/?igshid=1g79k65gc9k04
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Gigantosaurus! Can't wait!

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2020 2:58 pm

This raises a troubling question: which character will get to deliverer the inevitable line about a "gig economy"? No
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Odd to come on this forum in the beginning of the December and no trailer. In normal times we should have got the first trailer by now. Guess it will take another year.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 12:08 am

I think we'll get a small 1 min teaser 12 months from release so June followed by the first full trailer this time next year...
Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 am

Yeah i wont be surprised if we get something in June.

Though i am expecting we get something by November-December 2021

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Jurassic World: Dominion is being modified as an allegory for the post Wuhan virus world.

Quote wrote:
Trevorrow also noted that Dominion will likely end up being a tale that reflects what we continue to go through as a species. “This movie is about the need to co-exist and survive together. If this pandemic has taught us anything it’s that we need the different generations to protect each other. It was the right movie to be making at this moment.”

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2020 7:15 pm

Is it ANY chance we can get a little teas in the near future?
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2020 12:10 am

rommegrot wrote:
Is it ANY chance we can get a little teas in the near future?

Probably will get a teaser trailer in June, one year out from release then first full trailer in Nov/Dec...
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 7:43 am

Hey guys. I know Youtube is often not a reliable source for information and plot leaks about the movie and I am aware that there are often click bait videos but still I saw this one and it really made me worry about the movie.

So according to this video, various people that have worked on the movie have told this guy the following "plot leaks"...

Spoiler:

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 1:18 am

That'd be absolutely idiotic and I don't believe the crew thinks we're that mindless. Plus, a Kaiju-sized Giga is beyond unrealistic even for this franchise. I'm calling 100% BS on those "leaks."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Megatronus Rex wrote:
That'd be absolutely idiotic and I don't believe the crew thinks we're that mindless. Plus, a Kaiju-sized Giga is beyond unrealistic even for this franchise. I'm calling 100% BS on those "leaks."

I agree that the
Spoiler:

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
mosasaurus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 11:42 pm

I'd love that! Would definitely become my favorite scene in the franchise!
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2021 1:45 pm

Sorry if I sound negative and repetitive but I am not thrilled at all about the whole Giganotosaurus thing.

I have a bad feeling that they could very well once again play the "We have something bigger and badder than the T Rex" yet again and for the third time in the series. I really hope that is not the case because otherwise they may as well rename the series "Outdoing T Rexes".

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 12:16 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Sorry if I sound negative and repetitive but I am not thrilled at all about the whole Giganotosaurus thing.

I have a bad feeling that they could very well once again play the "We have something bigger and badder than the T Rex" yet again and for the third time in the series. I really hope that is not the case because otherwise they may as well rename the series "Outdoing T Rexes".

Considering outrage of that scene in JP3 and the final battle in JW, I don't think Uni is stupid enough to pull that trick again.

It looks like JW:D is going to end the franchise after all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
eagc7
Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 1:25 pm

If rumors/reports that Universal only had the rights to 6 JP films was true, then makes sense to end things here. Heck i dont know where they can go after the 6th film to be honest. JW:D does seem like a good place to end the story.

Though if the film makes alot of money, i wont be surprised if Universal announces another trilogy

Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 2:18 pm

He doesn't actually say it's the last film:

Quote :
"To me, [Dominion] is a culmination of one story that's been told. When you got to the end of the Jurassic Park trilogy, it may not have been as clear in what the complete story of those three movies was because they were a bit more episodic in the way that they were approached. But this trilogy is not that way. It's very much a serialized story. What was important for me was, when you watch Dominion, you really feel like you are learning how much of a story that first set of movies was and how everything that happened in those movies actually informs what ultimately is able to happen in this. If kids who are born today are going to be presented with six Jurassic Park movies, you hope the parents will buy them the box set, you hope they are going to get to feel like they watch one long story."

It's already been described as an "Avengers: Endgame" type event; that doesn't contradict Frank Marshall's previous comment that there will be subsequent films. It may be the end for Owen and Claire's starring roles (especially as Pratt's salary has probably gone up since he signed on to do the first JW). Since the dinosaurs are global now, there are plenty of other characters they can follow.

If the long-time rumor that Universal only has the rights for six films is true, they can easily re-up with the Crichton Estate, especially as Sherri Crichton has been vocal about wanting to make more movies out of her husband's books. Also, JW is the most successful franchise Uni has aside from F&F, so unless JW:D is a "Solo"-sized bomb, there's probably no way they won't make more.
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 8:06 pm

Its some huge plot spoilers on Youtube right now. Its been there since september 2020, but i just heard about it. Is it someting we can talk about here? Its huge.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 12:13 am

rommegrot wrote:
Its some huge plot spoilers on Youtube right now. Its been there since september 2020, but i just heard about it. Is it someting we can talk about here? Its huge.

Could you please PM me the link, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 6:44 pm

rommegrot wrote:

If you don't mind, can you PM too as well?

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 4:25 pm

rommegrot wrote:

I'm also interested. Can you PM me the link(s), please? Thanks.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20436878
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 2:05 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

Considering outrage of that scene in JP3 and the final battle in JW, I don't think Uni is stupid enough to pull that trick again.

They kinda somewhat pulled the "bigger and badder" card yet again with the Indoraptor in Fallen Kingdom. More or less the last 3 films have been "We have something bigger and badder than a T Rex", "We again have something bigger and badder than a T Rex", "We now have something bigger and badder than a Velociraptor".

Wich is why I just want a "normal" old style Jurassic Park sequel like The Lost World for Dominion. Rexes and Raptors are dangerous and lethal enough. No more plots that center around a dinosaur bigger and badder than an established species. Giganotosaurus just feels redundant. Like why do they need another dinosaur that is so similar to T Rexes that they may as well just give T Rexes whatever role the Giga is playing. At least the Spinosaurus looked different and could swim wich made it stand out even if it was at the cost of trying to diminish the iconic T Rexes.

But if the leaks that have been on YouTube since September of 2020 are true...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 5:43 pm

A couple of updates: First of all, it seems that Sam, Laura and Jeff were involved in writing their characters' dialogue in the new film. As IMO Malcolm's dialogue in FK frankly wasn't very good, (even the stuff from the novel which was totally out of context), and having been worried Trevorrow would make the original characters jokier to fit into the more Marvel-esque JW aesthetic, this is actually encouraging.

https://movieweb.com/jurassic-world-3-dominion-script-cast-helped-write/

Also, Sam Neill referred to JW:D as a "six-hour movie".

Quote :
“It’s going be a big film. [Director] Colin Trevorrow has that childlike sense of wonder, playfulness and inventiveness that [Steven] Spielberg has. We really shot a six-hour movie. We were all very gung-ho"...

So, where will viewers find Dr. Grant in 2022? “Same character, but different world, different times. Dr. Grant and Dr. Sattler haven’t seen each other for some time, so you’ll see how that pans out,” says Neill.

Here's hoping we get a director's cut! (Was it ever confirmed that 45 minutes were trimmed from FK, or was that just a rumor)?

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/sam-neill-jurassic-world-dominion-rams-1234903343/

Finally, it seems that the production of the film during the pandemic has inspired Judd Apatow's new Netflix comedy, "The Bubble."

Quote :
Jurassic World: Dominion was filmed during the pandemic over the past year, which means that its cast and crew was forced to quarantine together in the U.K. for months at a time, which couldn't have been easy. With safety in mind above all else, the production faced several stops and starts due to positive COVID-19 tests, and that rollercoaster ride was well-documented by the media.

When Apatow's latest film was first announced, a source explained how it came to be, saying that a member of Dominion's large ensemble was recalling the various ups-and-downs to pal Leslie Mann, who then relayed the story to her husband, Apatow. The director immediately thought it would make a funny movie, and though he has long been based at Universal, that studio is also behind Jurassic World: Dominion, which is why The Bubble wound up at Netflix.

The director has now lined up an all-star cast for The Bubble that includes Pedro Pascal, Karen Gillan, Borat 2 sensation Maria Bakalova, Fred Armisen, David Duchovny, Peter Serafinowicz and Keegan-Michael Key. Meanwhile, Mann will co-star alongside her youngest daughter, Iris Apatow.

The Bubble is described as a meta-comedy about a group of actors stuck inside a pandemic bubble at a hotel as they attempt to complete a big franchise film for a major studio. Per THR, Pascal and Gillan will play the two stars of the film-within-the-film, though there's no word on whether it'll be about dinosaurs. Meanwhile, Mann and Duchovny will play a divorced movie star couple -- a la Dominion stars Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum, who dated in the '90s -- who find themselves living together again under the same hotel roof with their teenage daughter (Iris Apatow).

https://collider.com/jurassic-world-dominion-inspired-judd-apatow-movie-the-bubble/

The original JP inspired some knock-offs, but this is certainly an new one! Laughing  Not an Apatow fan myself but might have to check out the new film, if for no other reason than for the strangely redundant experience of David Duchovny playing Jeff Goldblum!
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Interesting Neil also said Alan & Ellie haven't sen each other for a long time before Dominion's events, seems to confirm JP3 is still canon & there not a couple... lol!
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 8:51 pm

God, I can't wait for this to come out so some of these stupid theories swirling around can be put to rest for the time being.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Can we talk about these rumors that Vince Vaughn, Tea Leoni and Julianne Moore are going to join JWD? How credible is this? Starting to get a little scared that there will be too many people to join now, although it would have been fun to see them again.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 pm

rommegrot wrote:
Can we talk about these rumors that Vince Vaughn, Tea Leoni and Julianne Moore are going to join JWD? How credible is this? Starting to get a little scared that there will be too many people to join now, although it would have been fun to see them again.

I just read an article (from September of 2020) saying Julianne Moore was not invited to Jurassic World Dominion.

So yeah... There goes that... (unless there is something really hidden that we do not know about).

Me more than anyone wants Sarah Harding and Nick Van Owen (and Kelly Malcolm) back on this sequel just to get back at those internet articles and Youtubers who kept saying that nobody cared about The Lost World when it is actually considered the best sequel by most fans and the general consensus among the general public was that while not as good as the first it was still a good sequel. So it never experienced anything anywhere near a backlash or much less hate (like Jurassic park 3 did).

Wich leads me to my next point. I would be very surprised to see the Kirbys back since if there is one thing the fans (and the general public) is united on is that both Paul and Amanda Kirby seem to be one of the most unpopular characters in the franchise. (Although I would still prefer to see them back rather than Lowery or any other character from Jurassic World. In fact I am not fond and did not like almost any character in Jurassic World).

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 6:32 pm

https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000043113

rommegrot likes this post

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 7:03 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
https://jurassicpark.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000043113

It looks like the Indominus, the GP will probably think it's another Indominus... Razz
Back to top Go down
rommegrot
Embryo
Embryo
rommegrot

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 10:31 pm

Wow! That was cool.  Btw. The guy who posted that was fired. Suprise suprise. 😛

Edit : Is it possible to see other things in that photo? From the scene?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0
Page 15 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next