Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Ghostbusters Thread

Go down 
+17
Hellothasaurus
Dr. Wu
Pokesaurus
Mysterious Hero M
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
Troyal1
Agron
BarrytheOnyx
Scott B
evolution_rex
Katana
Dead2009
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
Levine
TheDreamMaster
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

The Ghostbusters Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Because Bustin' Makes you feel good!

Do you hear strange noises in the middle of the night? Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic? Have you or any of your family seen a spook, specter, or ghost? If the answer is yes than don't wait another minute. Call the professionals. Ghostbusters.

*Note: Yes, the reboot is coming out. I as well as many others am not a fan. However, some will see it, and some will like it. It's free to discuss the good, and the bad, however misogynistic comments and hateful comments towards others with different opinions will not be tolerated. As much a sI love this franchise, I will shut this thread down if it gets out of hand.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 pm

OH...oh...noooooooo

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:11 pm

One word.

W H Y
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 5:59 pm

I thought that everybody should read this.

15 things wrong with the Ghostbusters reboot.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:01 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
OH...oh...noooooooo

Hey Dreammaster. Remember back in JPL how I recommended that you do the 'movie ticket two-step'-where you a buy a ticket for one movie and see another-for the Ghostbusters reboot? Have you seriously considered doing that?
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 2:29 pm

It's probably exactly what I'll do Rhedo. Probably will also make sure I don't buy a ticket to another Sony film either.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Sony plans a new Ghostbusters animated series!

Quote :

The studio’s animation division is planning a television series entitled “Ghostbuster: Ecto Force.” The show is being spearheaded by Ivan Reitman, the director of the original 1984 blockbuster, and will focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters. It will be set in the year 2050. The show is eyeing an early 2018 debut.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:21 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

The studio’s animation division is planning a television series entitled “Ghostbuster: Ecto Force.” The show is being spearheaded by Ivan Reitman, the director of the original 1984 blockbuster, and will focus on a new generation of Ghostbusters. It will be set in the year 2050. The show is eyeing an early 2018 debut.

I thought they canceled that earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 8:30 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

I thought they canceled that earlier this year.
Maybe you're thinking of the animated film they'd announced?

Honestly, this animated idea sucks too. Potentially if it connected to the previous series Id maybe give it a shot, but I'm not feeling this future idea. Feels like one of those late 90s/early 00's ideas. Hell "Xtreme" GB didn't sound as 90s extreme as this show does.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 8:38 pm

It'll prolly be better than the reboot

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 12:18 pm

Sony CEO is delusional

Quote :

How do you think the Ghostbusters online bashing will impact the film?

It’s the greatest thing that ever happened. Are you kidding me? We’re in the national debate, thank you. Can we please get some more haters to say stupid things?

What does it have to make to be as success?

Oh, I don't know. I don't comment about that. The good news is, you can feel the momentum of the movie. We had a thing last week where Bill Murray, who had just seen the movie, came out and said how great it was. You just could feel the cultural excitement.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:10 pm

"You could just feel the cultural excitement."

Some nerd is going to go total batshit and burn down a theater. I will place money that if not that something big will happen, whether it's some guy getting booted, tazed or trying to set the place on fire.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:14 pm

"It’s the greatest thing that ever happened. Are you kidding me? We’re in the national debate, thank you. Can we please get some more haters to say stupid things?"

I love it when they cry about criticism.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:32 pm

So one interesting thing I found out is that the GB Blu Rays included several deleted scenes I had never seen, at least for GBII. However, it turns out they didn't even put all of them on the Blu Ray either, but they have shown up on YouTube.

And of course the inevitable was eventually posted.... Fall Out Boy Ft. Missy Elliot - Ghostbusters

Back to top Go down
Katana
Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:55 pm

If I could describe this movie in two words I would say the following - utter cringe.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, outside of that one remix of the theme used in the first trailer, has been good about this movie thus far. Every bit of criticism it is receiving is justifiable, especially when the response towards said criticism from the cast, crew, and studio are all "you all are stupid/sexist/wrong. We is da bestest evar!". Hell, Im more excited about the Tetris movie and the Emoji movie coming out than this, and thats saying a lot (those are real films, I kid you not. Look them up).

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Holy f*ck that theme is garbage. It's like they listened to the original theme and said "How can we make this shitty?".
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 2:38 pm

It's Fallout Boy so you should of expected garbage.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Anyone listen to the new theme song for the movie? It could be worse and I can imagine it being used sort decently in a film depending on what kind of scene they use it for, but by itself it's terrible. The lyrics are incredibly lazy and the music generic, like they spent less than a day coming up with it.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 3:19 pm

You got me there @Dead2009. Razz

(this is a test of the tagging members system)
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 4:33 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Anyone listen to the new theme song for the movie? It could be worse and I can imagine it being used sort decently in a film depending on what kind of scene they use it for, but by itself it's terrible. The lyrics are incredibly lazy and the music generic, like they spent less than a day coming up with it.

Supposedly, according to people over at GBfans, they're are two more theme remakes made for the film soundtrack we've yet to hear, not including the original Ray Parker Jr. version.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 am

According to this, the Mandela Effect is why the orignal Ghostbusters don't exist in the upcoming reboot.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:05 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
According to this, the Mandela Effect is why the orignal Ghostbusters don't exist in the upcoming reboot.

While it's probably BS in the real world...I wouldn't hate this explanation. One reason I will say is
Spoiler:

You know what sucks though, I don't care for this reboot, I've been vocal and negative and everything else, and yet, I don't want it to fail. Surely I don't more crap from Sony, but I'm very afraid if this bombs, the entire franchise dies again with it. Right now there's a pretty equal amount of new merchandise for the original film alongside the new stuff, there's potential in that Ecto Force cartoon and I'm willing to give it a shot, and if any of the rumors prove true Sony MIGHT consider carrying on something in the original universe. If this fails, I feel like Sony will sweep everything under the rug and maybe we'll see something again by the time I'm 50 (Here's hoping I'm still around to see it. Razz )

EDIT: Really should've finished reading that article before I commented, because further down, that "interview" with an "expert" on this theory is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. So, the 1984 Ghostbusters doesn't exist and no one actually saw it? Guess I didn't see it or the sequel on TV the other day. Or this isn't a Blu Ray of the films right next to me.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 pm

The Ray Parker theme is burned into my head at work. Don't think I could go see this even if I wanted to. Have to work on Ghostbuster cabinets all day and since it is the newest game it is all anyone plays at work.....
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Scott B wrote:
The Ray Parker theme is burned into my head at work. Don't think I could go see this even if I wanted to. Have to work on Ghostbuster cabinets all day and since it is the newest game it is all anyone plays at work.....

Cabinets? Like an arcade game, or Pinball machine?

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:22 pm

Pinball for the original series.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:38 pm

I've heard about those. They looked great, but too bad I couldn't afford one myself.

Japan's Ghostbusters tie-in Burger Looks.....Interesting....

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Well you couldn't unless you have 8 grand but the limited edition sold out in like 5 minutes. So arcade places may have it. The slimed decal for those are sadly way better than the standard one with Ecto-1 on the side.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 5:50 pm

According to this, the new Ghostbusters will be 116 minutes and 28 seconds long.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 pm

I broke down and bought the new proton pack for my daughters. Now one is using the new one, while the other uses my old Real Ghostbusters pack.

Now if only I could afford myself a "real" pack....

OH, and then this happened today:

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Ivan Reitman says that generation nostalgia, NOT sexism, is the real reason for the hate of the reboot.

He also says that he respects the fans for the love of the original movie.

And here's something from Midnight's Edge.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ghostbusters Thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next