Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Ghostbusters Thread

Go down 
+17
Hellothasaurus
Dr. Wu
Pokesaurus
Mysterious Hero M
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
Troyal1
Agron
BarrytheOnyx
Scott B
evolution_rex
Katana
Dead2009
Sickle_Claw
Rhedosaurus
Levine
TheDreamMaster
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 1:05 pm

So far, GB2016 had made $228 million dollars. This probably won't get past $230 million.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 5:36 pm

The failed 2016 Ghostbusters reboot has made just under $228.7 million dollars so far. It won't be able to surpass/get to $230 million dollars.

And the DVD and Blu Ray comes out tomorrow.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Im gonna get around to watching the new one this week, gonna watch the first 2 first of course.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 5:13 pm

So GB2016 finally got to the Meijer store where I work at. Given how I work in retail, I can say that it's fairly common for new DVD's and Blu Ray discs to go on sale. I'm not surprised that the DVD is slightly cheaper then usual, but I never thought that the Blu-Ray would be this cheap though.

The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Failed10

Back to top Go down
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 11:13 pm

Does anyone have Ghostbusters trivia relating to dinosaurs, cows, dragons, or anything cool I could use in a story?

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Lord Kristine wrote:
Does anyone have Ghostbusters trivia relating to dinosaurs, cows, dragons, or anything cool I could use in a story?

The failed movie had a ghost dragon and a giant inflatable T. rex that was possessed, but that's all that I know of.

Speaking of the failed reboot.....

After it's box office run, it only made slightly over $229 million dollars. That and Paul Feig himself recently admitted it was a bomb.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Here's the recent Midnight's Edge video about GB 2016. It's basically their post-modem analysis like they did with Josh Trank's Fantastic 4.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 11:25 pm

I did finally end up seeing the latest movie back in October, here's my review for it if anyone is curious on what I thought of it since I was complaining about it a lot awhile back:
http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/film/ghostbusters-2016/

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 12:23 am

For anyone that has a half hour to spare, Blue Core Studios on YouTube just released an awesome fan film, Five Nights at Freddy's vs. Ghostbusters. While I already like a few GB fan films, the fact this one has such good effects for the FNaF portion of the film really adds to this.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Rare deleted scenes from the original Ghostbusters movie has been found.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Hey guys. Remember Stantz1984? You know, the guy who leaked the GB2016 plot? Well his moment of glory was archived in history. Here it is.

https://archive.is/fLihp

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 4:57 am

Well, Stantz1984 was completely right, this really was the plot of the movie. And it certainly lived up to the expectations of those who had read it.

The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Paul Feig's all-female Ghostbusters team will meet the originals in IDW Ghostbusters 101 #1. issue.

I'm surprised that they're even canon in the comics considering how much GB2016 bombed. Unless they are ret-conned as relatives of the originals, I don't see how this can work.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Paul Feig's all-female Ghostbusters team will meet the originals in IDW Ghostbusters 101 #1. issue.

I'm surprised that they're even canon in the comics considering how much GB2016 bombed. Unless they are ret-conned as relatives of the originals, I don't see how this can work.

Alternate universes. The original team has already crossed over with the cartoon team via alternate universes.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Ivan Reitman Says Plan is Still to Expand ‘Ghostbusters’ Universe With More Films
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3429135/ivan-reitman-says-plan-still-expand-ghostbusters-universe-films/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Ivan Reitman Says Plan is Still to Expand ‘Ghostbusters’ Universe With More Films
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3429135/ivan-reitman-says-plan-still-expand-ghostbusters-universe-films/

Hopefully, it's done after how Sony Pictures restructure and are able to ret-con GB2016 out of existence.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

I guess I'd be open to a Ghostbusters animated film. I'd be curious it involves the remaining original cast in a direct sequel to the first two films and is in some way a loose adaptation of the video game. On the other hand, adapting the game and potentially lifting the dialogue and recited in a way that lacks the energy and character of the game, to say nothing if it's Harold Raimis dialogue. If it sounds like I'm struggling for ideas, that's because while there is a seed of a good idea here, I'm honestly not sure how to execute it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 9:37 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I guess I'd be open to a Ghostbusters animated film. I'd be curious it involves the remaining original cast in a direct sequel to the first two films and is in some way a loose adaptation of the video game. On the other hand, adapting the game and potentially lifting the dialogue and recited in a way that lacks the energy and character of the game, to say nothing if it's Harold Raimis dialogue. If it sounds like I'm struggling for ideas, that's because while there is a seed of a good idea here, I'm honestly not sure how to execute it.

My idea is to have GB3 be more like the show Ghostbusters: Extreme.

My idea have Egon get killed by a really powerful ghost while saving his son, who sadly still gets paralyzed from the waist down, with the team disbanding afterwards. When the ghost is captured and thrown in the containment chamber, it eats all the other ghosts and gets even more powerful. It breaks free from the containment chamber and starts it's reign of terror once again. Basically, the new team are the direct offspring of the old ones. During the final battle, the ghost begins to use the Empire State Building to 'broadcast' his psychic thoughts and tries to take over the world. He's already hypnotized most of Manhattan Island except for the new team and their parents and now, they must take on not just the ghost, but his phantom army.

Here are my choices for the new team.

Garrett-Egon's son: Chris Pratt
Eduardo-Venkman's son (married Latino American women): Channig Tatum
Roland-Winston's son: Dwayne Johnson AKA The Rock
Kylie-Stantz's daughter: Ali Larter (She and Garrett have a budding romance.)

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Oh boy...

Ivan Reitman is making an animated sequel to GB2016.

If Amy Pascal and Paul Feig aren't involved, then I can see this working. But if those 2 are involved...not so much. I can't help but wonder if Reitman is betting on Sony Pictures getting new owners and greenlighting his ideas after they give Pascal the boot as producer.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Lets hope this keeps stalls and Reitman is able to wait for Pascal and Fieg to be removed and new producers take over...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 9:19 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Lets hope this keeps stalls and Reitman is able to wait for Pascal and Fieg to be removed and new producers take over...

I don't think he has to worry about Feig since he said that he'll never touch Ghostbusters again. If anything else, he still has to worry about Pascal. That being said, I don't think she can ever have the power to influence the franchise again given how bad GB2016 bombed.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 12:12 pm

Dan Aykroyd says that while he liked GB 2016, he didn't like that fact that it cost so much money to make.

https://twitter.com/ross_maclean/status/871321678046998528

I just think that he's still holding back because of how Sony forced him to say good things about the movie. That being said, it's really good that we finally know his some of his true feelings on the movie.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 5:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dan Aykroyd says that while he liked GB 2016, he didn't like that fact that it cost so much money to make.

I just think that he's still holding back because of how Sony forced him to say good things about the movie. That being said, it's really good that we finally know his some of his true feelings on the movie.

I respect his decision to take a diplomatic stance in his criticism of Fieg's Ghostbusters, that's probably the extent we'll hear of him be frustrated by it, but still progress on addressing how bad it really was is progress nonetheless. Fieg's unwillingness to listen to advice only rubs me further against him, and shows that his head was already far up his arse before the press tours began.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 6:21 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I respect his decision to take a diplomatic stance in his criticism of Fieg's Ghostbusters, that's probably the extent we'll hear of him be frustrated by it, but still progress on addressing how bad it really was is progress nonetheless. Fieg's unwillingness to listen to advice only rubs me further against him, and shows that his head was already far up his arse before the press tours began.

Feig was also an EP, I believe. And one of those who wielded power. Aykroyd also was an EP as well, but he was one of those that had no power. Even more so considering how Pascal already took away all of the power that Reitman-who was also a powerless EP as well-and gave it to Feig.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 9:21 pm

I like how he says "Sony doesn't like loosing money, and he won't be back on the lot".

While I certainly hope that's true, Sony hasn't exactly given off the image that they care too much about loosing money or making awful decisions in the film division these last few years lol.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I like how he says "Sony doesn't like loosing money, and he won't be back on the lot".

While I certainly hope that's true, Sony hasn't exactly given off the image that they care too much about loosing money or making awful decisions in the film division these last few years lol.

Not until they made plans for their own Spider-Man universe, which I still see as their last stand.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Ivan Reitman Wants to Connect Original and Remake ‘Ghostbusters’ Worlds

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
The comics are doing that now. As a movie...that could end poorly.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 7:19 pm

yeah I don't know how they would do that for the movie, I don't read the comics so I don't know how they resolved it there.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 11:03 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
The comics are doing that now. As a movie...that could end poorly.

Not only that, but it's probably far too late to ret-con the GB-2016 Ghostbusters as the daughters of the originals. I can't help but wonder if Sony is forcing him to do this in order to salvage anything from last years flop.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ghostbusters Thread   The Ghostbusters Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ghostbusters Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next