Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
DC Films Reportedly Open To Making An R-Rated Superhero Movie Following LOGAN And DEADPOOL Success

I can see this happening, but with that being said. I can't help but wonder if this is a desperation play by WB. Not only that, but other then Batman, it's going to be tough to find a DC superhero that can get away with a R-rated movie. With Logan and Deadpool, they both had violent pasts, rugged lives, and where brutal tough guys with equally tough personalities. It's going to be hard for DC to find somebody with those qualities.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 11:22 pm

actually, Aquaman could work if they implement elements of the DCAU version where he not only cuts off his own hand to save himself and his son but also essentially murders his brother (of course, a potential problem with that is that the DCAU's Aquaman is apparently more similar to Marvel's Namor). it could ultimately depend on how successful the Justice League movie is and what kind of reception Momoa's Aquaman gets. Aquaman has alot more potential for being an R-rated superhero than you might think if they delve into his secondary powers where, just because he's able to function like a normal human and swims dozens of miles per hour at the bottom of the ocean (e.g., under higher pressure than any normal human could survive) he'd have to have superstrength which could be demonstrated out of water (maybe he punches someone so hard that it twists their head all he way around on-screen, for example) and, furthermore, one interpretation of his talk-to-fish powers from the comics where he got his opponent monologing for a few minutes while he telepathically examined the guy's brain searching for which part of it is most similar to a fish and used it to give the guy a seizure based on the logic that all life on Earth ultimately comes from the sea

after all, iirc Aquaman doesn't explicitly have a no-killing rule like Batman and Superman do...

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Future movies in the DCMU to have a lot of flashbacks and fast-fowards.

I'm not against origin movies, but to have so many in one universe doesn't sound like a good idea. Even more considering how the last 3 DCMU movies have been.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 5:18 pm

Even if this all goes pants-up, and they have no choice but to reboot it, we probably aren't going to get those origin stories anyway. Actually, what I hope someone at WB looks into is using the origin story in the opening credits of the film, like with The Incredible Hulk.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 7:45 pm

BIG NEWS!

Someone on 4Chan leaked major details about the DCMU.

Here are the details.

- The budget for Wonder Woman is 125 million. The studio is very pleased with how the film turned out and early discussions for a potential sequel have been discussed.

- The Justice League trailer will debut in April and will be attached to Fate of the Furious. The plan is also to release a scene from Justice League in front of King Arthur similar to how the Dark Knight trilogy marketed their films.

- Dr. Stephen Shin will appear in Aquaman. The studio is currently searching for actors for the role.

- Brainiac will be the main villain for Man of Steel 2. The story was written by Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder. The plan is to place the film on the November 1st, 2019 release date.

- Although Doug Liman is attached to direct Justice League Dark, the film is not considered a priority.

- Gotham City Sirens is being targeted for February 2019.

- The Flash film has been pushed back to 2020.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Here's the new Wonder Woman trailer.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 4:18 pm

KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Director Matthew Vaughn Reportedly Eyed To Helm MAN OF STEEL Sequel

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE Director Matthew Vaughn Reportedly Eyed To Helm MAN OF STEEL Sequel

When one takes into account of how he may have been the guy who directed all the reshoots for Fant4stic, I'm surprised WB is actually considering him.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 5:42 pm

Seriously? You're gonna hold Fant4stic against him? Never mind the rousing success of Kingsman: The Secret Service and X-Men: First Class? Besides, a good chunk of that film's mess began with Josh Trank, and Vaughn probably knew there was no salvaging it period, being born out of such a toxic creative environment and as a means to retain the franchise's rights, so why waste the effort?

And putting that aside, the fact is he has worked on critically acclaimed films for Fox, and has a rep built up that a studio executive would be wise not to meddle with. I think if there's a genre director who can balance character and good storytelling with a strong visual appeal and engaging action (as well as experience in the superhero genre), it's Vaughn. But then again, we'll see if he sticks around long.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 5:51 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Seriously?? You're gonna hold Fant4stic against him? Never mind the rousing success of Kingsman: The Secret Service and X-Men: First Class? I think if there's an action director who can balance character and good storytelling with a strong visual appeal and engaging action (as well as experience in the superhero genre), it's Vaughn.

I just think that he's still a bit too tainted right now. Was it all his fault? No. Everybody, except the actors/actresses, were to blame. That and we're not even sure if the DCMU might survive past this year. Besides, MOS made Superman so...unlike the hero we all know him as, I'm not sure if it's possible to undo all the darkness that Snyder injected into him. Unless you kill off somebody that's dear to him, then it's very hard to make Superman go dark and have it work.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Seriously?? You're gonna hold Fant4stic against him? Never mind the rousing success of Kingsman: The Secret Service and X-Men: First Class? I think if there's an action director who can balance character and good storytelling with a strong visual appeal and engaging action (as well as experience in the superhero genre), it's Vaughn.

I just think that he's still a bit too tainted right now. Was it all his fault? No. Everybody, except the actors/actresses, were to blame. That and we're not even sure if the DCMU might survive past this year. Besides, MOS made Superman so...unlike the hero we all know him as, I'm not sure if it's possible to undo all the darkness that Snyder injected into him. Unless you kill off somebody that's dear to him, then it's very hard to make Superman go dark and have it work.

With him being dead thanks to Doomsday, it would be extremely short-sighted and dangerous to have him fall back into his old, brooding self, and undo any attempt at establishing that this is a changed Supes, one that has gone through death and come back to life. Strange as that may sound, but killing Superman could be a gateway to seeing the Superman that many would argue we should have been seeing right from the get-go.

Mind you that's provided that Snyder is no longer involved as a director or story ideas guy for the character, and they don't pull that Injustice: Gods Among us sh*t that we saw in the "Knightmare" sequence in BvS, which is my biggest fear for the direction they take Superman, at which point the reboot button is the only option I would accept.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:25 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

With him being dead thanks to Doomsday, it would be extremely short-sighted and dangerous to have him fall back into his old, brooding self, and undo any attempt at establishing that this is a changed Supes, one that has gone through death and come back to life. Strange as that may sound, but killing Superman could be a gateway to seeing the Superman that many would argue we should have been seeing right from the get-go.

Mind you that's provided that Snyder is no longer involved as a director or story ideas guy for the character, and they don't pull that Injustice: Gods Among us sh*t that we saw in the "Knightmare" sequence in BvS, which is my biggest fear for the direction they take Superman, at which point the reboot button is the only option I would accept.

Snyder will leave after Justice League. After WB took away his power by making Affleck the Executive Producer, Synder was basically a puppet and probably wanted out because of that, provided he didn't get a 'delayed firing'. I'm hoping that you're right and that Superman, and the DCMU as a whole, can turn it all around. But I have a lot of doubts.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 pm

More big DCMU leaks.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 17309344_10154947977955499_2795248353284299043_n

This one's about the design of Steppenwolf, Darkseid's uncle, in Justice League.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 17308740_10154947977960499_7332436484755496566_n

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:39 pm

The Batman Release Date and Filming Likely Pushed Back
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/825955-the-batman-release-date-and-filming-likely-pushed-back#rfBjez6rQOM7QpZl.99

annnnd this

THE BATMAN Is Now Being Rewritten From Scratch; Will Deathstroke Be Dropped?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
The Batman Release Date and Filming Likely Pushed Back
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/825955-the-batman-release-date-and-filming-likely-pushed-back#rfBjez6rQOM7QpZl.99

annnnd this

THE BATMAN Is Now Being Rewritten From Scratch; Will Deathstroke Be Dropped?

Just when I had hope for 'The Batman' THIS HAPPENS! With every leak and every 'official' news source my hope plummets for the DCMU every time. I still have hope that the next two movie can save it, but boy, the have more on their shoulders then I ever thought that they needed to carry.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 5:09 pm

The Aquaman movie got pushed back from October 5, 2018 to December 21, 2018.

If the leak about it being over budgeted at $200 million is true, which I'm going to believe, then this along with it only means more trouble. I can see DC pumping $200 million for Justice League, the Batman movie, or even Man Of Steel 2. But Aquaman? A superhero that only has 1/4 of the popularity of those 2?

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 9:24 pm

I dont take a 2 month delay as more trouble, however it's film suicide if they really want it to go against the Han Solo movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 pm

It looks like Warner Bros. is trying to push out another DCMU movie this year.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Oh, great. Not only is David Goyer going to write the new Green Lantern movie, but he could very well direct it too.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 6:35 am

*facedesk*

I don't know why Warner Bros insists on giving Goyer work, but apparently they forgot that Blade Trinity was one of the biggest duds of the comic book genre! And then there's The Invisible and The Unborn, which I didn't even know about until today but appear to be pretty bad...

He got lucky while working with Chris Nolan, but their insistence on keeping him on board shows a flagrant disinterest in listening to what fans and critics have to say about the flaws with their films! Still, it's early days, and so I hope he goes the way of Rick Famuyiwa...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 4:13 pm

WB is taking it's time trying to find a director for 'The Flash'.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 11:30 am

The trailer for Justice League was been released.

Cyborg still looks a bit too fragile and I wish we'd seen Steppenwolf, Darksied's uncle and the main villain of this movie. But other then that, I like this trailer.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Joss Whedon will write and direct a Batgirl/Barbara Gordon movie.

I'm surprised he's got a new job considering how he's destroyed much of his good reputation he built up with his 2 Avengers movies via his Twitter rants/posts.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 6:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm surprised he's got a new job considering how he's destroyed much of his good reputation he built up with his 2 Avengers movies via his Twitter rants/posts.

As much as I have grown sick of his Twitter belly-aching, I still consider Whedon a legitimately talented director. I'm actually one of the few people who finds the first Avengers film kinda above average rather than exceptionally great, and by comparison I found Age of Ultron more engaging and interesting a story on re-watch despite it's flaws. Basically, I'm the guy who rather considers Winter Soldier or Iron Man 1 to be Marvel's best films.

I kinda see Whedon as the anti-Mel Gibson. They're about as far apart politically as you can get, both have been prone to saying a lot of questionable and stupid sh*t before, sometimes to the point of career meltdown, only while Mel pushes through his backlash and channels it into his films, Joss just doesn't, not really. And Gibson is a more accomplished and stylistically rich director compared to Whedon. But in the end, is Whedon a good call for Batgirl? I'd say so, and I hope he can stick around.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2017 6:22 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

As much as I have grown sick of his Twitter belly-aching, I still consider Whedon a legitimately talented director. I'm actually one of the few people who finds the first Avengers film kinda above average rather than exceptionally great, and by comparison I found Age of Ultron more engaging and interesting a story on re-watch despite it's flaws. Basically, I'm the guy who rather considers Winter Soldier or Iron Man 1 to be Marvel's best films.

I kinda see Whedon as the anti-Mel Gibson. They're about as far apart politically as you can get, both have been prone to saying a lot of questionable and stupid sh*t before, sometimes to the point of career meltdown, only while Mel pushes through his backlash and channels it into his films, Joss just doesn't, not really. And Gibson is a more accomplished and stylistically rich director compared to Whedon. But in the end, is Whedon a good call for Batgirl? I'd say so, and I hope he can stick around.

I can see that too. Truth is, now that you mention it...If Mel Gibson manages to get the job as director for Suicide Squad 2, then it would really be odd to see those 2 guys working at the same studio. It only makes you wonder if WB thought of that before hiring Whedon.

This whole DCMU post-JL stuff is getting stranger by the by month and we don't even know if Justice League will save the whole thing yet!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 7:25 pm

If Lego sets are anything to go by, the Ares will be 20 ft tall in the movie.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Wonder-Woman-LEGO-Ares-set

The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Wonder-Woman-LEGO-set-pieces

Nicole Kidman talks about why she decided to be a part of the Aquaman movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Concept art of Doomsday shows 2 designs before they picked the one that they chose.

I like these better then the troll design that they used.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 5:45 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Concept art of Doomsday shows 2 designs before they picked the one that they chose.

I like these better then the troll design that they used.

Same, I can't really understand why they settled on the Cave Troll look for Doomsday for most of his appearance, even accepting that he's made from General Zod's body. Certain bits of more recent concept art also made Doomsday look even more troll-ish.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 12:45 pm

yeah, just adding on the "beard" would've made him look better

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 9:39 pm

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS: Bryce Dallas Howard Seemingly Interested In Poison Ivy Role
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/gotham-city-sirens-bryce-dallas-howard-seemingly-interested-in-poison-ivy-role-a150247

2019 Could Feature The Release Of As Many As Six BATMAN Themed Live-Action And Animated Movies
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/2019-could-feature-the-release-of-as-many-as-six-batman-themed-live-action-and-animated-movies-a150245

Dolph Lundgren Joins Aquaman as King Nereus
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/837277-dolph-lundgren-joins-aquaman-as-king-nereus#O1CZctmqDEhSgFKs.99

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next