Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm

If you guys were sure nobody had the time, what
would make you think, Robin never had super powers, at all?

Did you think, maybe, Batman could just, literally jump off buildings, and you'd go run to try and see him swing away, but he'd have landed and hid himself in the alley, like a ninja?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the box office predictions for Justice League are not very good.

Considering all that time it came to basically remake most of the movie, the price range has to be at least $500 million. Good luck with that.

The author of the article does state that while things look grim for Justice League, it isn't as grim for Warner Bros which has had a pretty successful year overall. A JL film that only breaks into the $600 million range will hurt the juggernaut but won't destroy it, since they still have Aquaman in development and will keep Wonder Woman around because the public has grown to love her film. I think it will break into the $800 million thanks to Wonder Woman and the novelty of seeing new members of the League come into play, but the rest of the movie itself will have to make up the difference and determine if it gets higher than that.

Also, just to clarify, is the $500 million you mention an accumulation of both its production budget and its marketing costs?

The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 6:29 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the box office predictions for Justice League are not very good.

Considering all that time it came to basically remake most of the movie, the price range has to be at least $500 million. Good luck with that.

The author of the article does state that while things look grim for Justice League, it isn't as grim for Warner Bros which has had a pretty successful year overall. A JL film that only breaks into the $600 million range will hurt the juggernaut but won't destroy it, since they still have Aquaman in development and will keep Wonder Woman around because the public has grown to love her film. I think it will break into the $800 million thanks to Wonder Woman and the novelty of seeing new members of the League come into play, but the rest of the movie itself will have to make up the difference and determine if it gets higher than that.

Also, just to clarify, is the $500 million you mention an accumulation of both its production budget and its marketing costs?

Yes, but I've also heard that it might be higher ($600-$700 million). I'm not saying that's impossible, but $500 million is that most I can see WB possibly putting into this movie while still trying to make it profitable. Remember, BvS was supposed to have cost up to $400 million by many people. I find it hard that WB could make such a big financial blunder again. That and considering how Aquaman doesn't have the popularity of either Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman-my sister says that the DC fans actually kind of hate him-an Aquaman movie seems like a hard sell.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 3:01 pm

In much happier news.

Wonder Woman came out on DVD and Blu-Ray today.

Also, the cinematic box office run has ended with a total of $819 million dollars, $411 million of it being made domestically.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
In much happier news.

Wonder Woman came out on DVD and Blu-Ray today.

Also, the cinematic box office run has ended with a total of $819 million dollars, $411 million of it being made domestically.

I think I have a pre-order at FYE for the DVD. I will have to go there this weekend to try to pick it up, really excited.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:28 am

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Despite making $819 million dollars overall, Wonder Woman is one of the lowest overseas making suprehero movies in 10 years.

I blame that one that fact that a lot of the world is anti-Semitic (Russia) and far many countries are so male-dominated (Most of the Middle East).

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Despite making $819 million dollars overall, Wonder Woman is one of the lowest overseas making suprehero movies in 10 years.

I blame that one that fact that a lot of the world is anti-Semitic (Russia) and far many countries are so male-dominated (Most of the Middle East).

Bloody good thing that America supported the film quite strongly at the box office, like with Superman: The Movie before it the public rallied around a particular superhero film when they needed it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 6:27 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Bloody good thing that America supported the film quite strongly at the box office, like with Superman: The Movie before it the public rallied around a particular superhero film when they needed it.

Indeed. I should point out that the article does say that the United Arab Eremites did like the movie quite a bit. This was a movie that did very well despite all the things that it went up against. Both domestically (the DCMU being such a mess) and oversees.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Crisis on Earth-X is the Title for The CW November Crossover
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/889909-crisis-on-earth-x-is-the-title-for-the-cw-november-crossover#upS6JZkzYwKaMbIh.99

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Crisis on Earth-X is the Title for The CW November Crossover
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/889909-crisis-on-earth-x-is-the-title-for-the-cw-november-crossover#upS6JZkzYwKaMbIh.99

Idk what the thing is with having this crossover be "nazi dopplegangers from another dimension" seems a downgrade from the aliens last year. But yeah...good to see they are at least trying to introduce a new hero 'the ray' with it.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Mr. Oz reveals himself to be Jor-El, Superman's biological father.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Jor-El-Mr-Oz-Superman-Comic-Identity

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mr. Oz reveals himself to be Jor-El, Superman's biological father.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Jor-El-Mr-Oz-Superman-Comic-Identity

Also not to spoil anything but apparently int he comics Lex Luthor is gonna turn evil again after meeting Ozymandias from Watchmen.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Forbes: Why did Wonder Woman underperform in many overseas markets?

An interesting article indicating that WB's overseas marketing for the film was not as strong as it was in America, especially compared to Sony with Spider-Man.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 9:37 pm

makes sense--marketing alone could make or break something. it's probably the main reason why John Carter was a flop rather than necessarily being bad (it's a solid adaptation--i read the book not long after i saw it and it's pretty faithful--but the advertising focused only on the arena scene and that made it look like a Star Wars ripoff, along with the shitty name that could indicate anything but a classic sci-fantasy adventure on Barsoom)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
jericho
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 6:56 am

Okay, what do you guys think about the Superman suits, recently? I think the actors playing him are so uncool, NONE of them can look cool in Superman's real suit, so they change it,
and still those guys don't look cool...

I heard he wore more like Dean Cain's size S, and the one Tom Welling wore was the Superboy suit, not Mon's, but REAL Superboy; Clark and Cara's son, you know?

Anyone think Superman could have been really young? If it was Gohan, he'd have been like, preteen Gohan, with long hair, like from one of the movies, in the original ish Superman suit? THAT kid would look cool. He wouldn't be called Superboy, he's young still but like Mega Man is Mega Man, and small, Gohan's just, Superman.

He has to be huge, Atlas buff to do it? A, a man? Well come on, is he man, or Superman?

Last edited by jericho on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo, it was uncol, before, now it's cool, see?)
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Warner Bros. Confirms Standalone DC Movies Outside of DCEU Continuity
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/891807-warner-bros-confirms-standalone-dc-movies-outside-of-dceu-continuity

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/891807-warner-bros-confirms-standalone-dc-movies-outside-of-dceu-continuity

It really makes you wonder how much more emphasis Warner Bros. will place on the Godzillaverse from here on out.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Catwoman/Selina Kyle said Yes to Batman's proposal to marry her.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

It really makes you wonder how much more emphasis Warner Bros. will place on the Godzillaverse from here on out.

We haven't heard much about new films in the MonsterVerse beyond Godzilla vs Kong, and I would have thought that would have changed after Kong: Skull Island. No word on additional main monster characters like Gamera or follow-up enemies like Destroyah or Gorosaurus (which would have been a perfect fit for Skull Island, but we got the skull-crawlers instead.)

I think DC will still play a huge part in their revenue alongside the Wizarding World and the MonsterVerse, but the concept of the DCEU seems to be gradually retired step by step without outright cancelling the whole thing, and maybe there will still be a shared continuity for these actors in these roles but it won't be the original DC movie universe they thought they would set up. They still have a lot of good actors having gone into that franchise and still a lot of profit in it to keep it going in some shape or form, unless Justice League really throws the train off the rails. That brings us to standalone movies: I think we will be seeing more of them that are most definitely not connected to the previous series of interconnected films.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 6:16 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

We haven't heard much about new films in the MonsterVerse beyond Godzilla vs Kong, and I would have thought that would have changed after Kong: Skull Island. No word on additional main monster characters like Gamera or follow-up enemies like Destroyah or Gorosaurus (which would have been a perfect fit for Skull Island, but we got the skull-crawlers instead.)

I think DC will still play a huge part in their revenue alongside the Wizarding World and the MonsterVerse, but the concept of the DCEU seems to be gradually retired step by step without outright cancelling the whole thing, and maybe there will still be a shared continuity for these actors in these roles but it won't be the original DC movie universe they thought they would set up. They still have a lot of good actors having gone into that franchise and still a lot of profit in it to keep it going in some shape or form, unless Justice League really throws the train off the rails. That brings us to standalone movies: I think we will be seeing more of them that are most definitely not connected to the previous series of interconnected films.

My guess is that they are trying to figure out which monsters will be in the final Godzilla movie and who will be Godzilla's final foe.

As for DC Movies, I think they'll still be semi-connected in case WB wants to revive the cinematic universe. I remember how Midnight's Edge did a video where they planned to modify it as a Batman-centric universe. Given how Afflack might step down and how well Wonder Woman did, that plan is in jeopardy. And let's not forget how much this movie needs to make in order to make a profit via Joss Whedon remaking much of the movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Tommy Lee Jones hated working with Jim Carrey when filming Batman Forever.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 10:57 pm

Well I hated Jones in the movie and he is known for being a jackwagon on set all the time. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 04, 2017 5:17 pm

I'm not sure about jackwagon, but I have heard that Jones is supposed to be a total downer who never smiles. It's no duh that a personality like that would clash with somebody's like Carrey who gets way into character and tends to go a little goofy with it, Not Jared Leto goofy, mind you, but more like always in a goofball mood.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 11:34 am

The New Justice League trailer looks amazing. Like beyond amazing.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Sickle_Claw wrote:
The New Justice League trailer looks amazing. Like beyond amazing.

I like the trailer myself. I hope this movie does well. However I have 2 huge concerns.

1. We now know that Whedon largely remade the movie and it has a budget rumored to be at least $400-$500 million. It has to make Star Wars money to break even and considering how only one movie, which is Wonder Woman has been a true success-being liked by fans, the GA, and critics while still making a good profit-that's going to be very hard.

2. Superman. I just think that his character has been destroyed beyond all repair. Do we really think this movie can change that? Not only that, but considering how we all know how he's coming back for this movie, why keep it a big secret?

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2017 8:17 pm

Seems all right. Aquaman seems like he will be the most popular one of the group.

This isn't the first time an obvious secret remains hidden for a movie. And honestly the other characters need the ad time for people to see.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 3:27 am

No one is beyond redemption or salvation, not even Zack Snyder's Superman. If that weren't the case, there wouldn't be any bona fide fans of this iteration of the character, period. The character (overall, not just the films) is just that durable; he has been killed off (allegedly for good in the 90s), re-written and been part of rebirths of DC Comics times beyond counting. Justice League has an opportunity to bring us the Superman we should have gotten, one the GA can really get behind.

The budget spent on reshoots is still my biggest concern.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 8:58 am

Batman: The Animated Series will be released on Blu-Ray next year.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 15 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18 ... 22  Next