Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:47 am

Here a new one.

https://apocaflixmovies.com/2017/06/20/justice-league-poster/

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 2:00 pm

RUMOR: Warner Bros. May Be About To Significantly Increase Its DC FILMS Output
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/rumor-warner-bros-may-be-about-to-significantly-increase-its-dc-films-output-a152001

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 5:46 pm

As of now, Wonder Woman $654,180,158. Domestically, it's made $318,380,158.

This means it's surpassed the domestic total of Batman vs. Superman.

This is great news. WB is must really be joyful with this news. It's really nice to know that WB is beginning to recover after so much hardship.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
As of now, Wonder Woman $654,180,158. Domestically, it's made $318,380,158.

This means it's surpassed the domestic total of Batman vs. Superman.

This is great news. WB is must really be joyful with this news. It's really nice to know that WB is beginning to recover after so much hardship.

With such a genuine and well earned success story like this, you can kinda see why WB would want to increase their DC movies output. For my money's worth, I still think they're still in the "learn to walk before you run" phase of resurgence; Justice League could have a massive effect on that upcoming films slate for good or ill. The only thing that's strange to me is how the overseas box office is roughly the same amount as the Stateside box office, as opposed to twice or more times that amount.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 7:22 pm

i still have yet to see Wonder Woman (i think i'll just wait until it comes to the dollar theater near my house at this point) but it's looking like Warner Bros. finally found their groove again after the arguable quality drop from the end of the Nolanverse Batman movies: we had Man of Steel which alot of people seem to think was dull, then BvS which people said was too dark and gritty, then Suicide Squad where it apparently seems to have been too busy and wacky, but now they've got the HUGE success of Wonder Woman, especially considering that this is also a milestone as far as superhero movies are concerned. they have reason to be excited about this, as do the fans, but i think they may be jumping the gun with these plans to suddenly make so many more of them

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 9:48 pm

It also beat out Cars 3 to stay at second place at $24.9 million.

This movie is doing very well considering all that it had against it. I'm glad that this movie is doing so well. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2017 5:23 pm

The Batman will focus on the detective noir side of Batman.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 4:41 pm

DC Universe Original Movies: 10th Anniversary Collection Announced!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/dvd/news/863029-dc-universe-original-movies-10th-anniversary-collection-announced#vxMWcZ1FR64mIcTj.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Wonder Woman has made slightly over $708 million dollars so far.

It's already surpassed Man Of Steel and it's looking to surpass Suicide Squad. This movie is still doing very well.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2017 4:29 pm

While I'm grateful for both Wonder Woman's quality, success, and influence over the landscape of film discussion, I think people will start getting cold feet when Justice League looms overhead.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
While I'm grateful for both Wonder Woman's quality, success, and influence over the landscape of film discussion, I think people will start getting cold feet when Justice League looms overhead.

I remember seeing a YouTube video that the main admin on ME posted and one of the guys said that the reshoots for Justice League might put the total cost up to $500 million dollars. It's going to have to make $1 billion to break even and we don't even know how much the marketing cost will be. I honestly hope it's not that high. That being said, I can see JL being $300-$400 million. WB can't afford to put $500 million on one movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 7:10 am

Wonder Woman beat out Transformers 5 to stay in 3rd place in the 5 day July 4th weekend.

So far, it's made $720 million dollars. This movie is going to surpass Suicide Squad.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 6:50 am

Wonder Woman has officially overtaken Suicide Squad in total box office gross.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Somebody named Jaume-Collet Serra is the frontrunner to be the director of Suicide Squad 2.

Uhhhhh.......................Who????? scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Somebody named Jaume-Collet Serra is the frontrunner to be the director of Suicide Squad 2.

I don't recognize the name but I recognized his films. Orphan wasn't half bad, and The Shallows was way better than I expected. This looks to be a much bigger film for him but he hasn't made anything terrible yet.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 8:40 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I don't recognize the name but I recognized his films. Orphan wasn't half bad, and The Shallows was way better than I expected. This looks to be a much bigger film for him but he hasn't made anything terrible yet.

All I ask is that this movie is better then the first one. So I have very low expectations. Razz

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 10:24 pm

And with Mel gone my interest has dropped to practically zero.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 11:22 am

Jaume-Collet Serra wasn't exactly a name I was familiar with, but I'm honestly not sure how well this is going to go down. Sure, being better than the first Suicide Squad film is not setting the bar high, but it could easily stay stuck down there or worse continue to decline even more in quality. Realistically, it would have been a long shot to get Mel Gibson even slightly interested, and even then he would be pretty much wasted there. I've said he would have been a fair fit for Justice League, and I think his directing chops would have been used there if he cared to sign on.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Matt Reeves has Dropped Affleck's script apparently.

When asked if he would be working with Affleck's script, Reeves said, "No, it’s a new story. It’s just starting again. I’m excited about it. I think it’s going to be really cool.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/batman-director-matt-reeves-has-dropped-ben-afflecks-script-1020694
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 12, 2017 10:50 pm

It looks like Wonder Woman 2 is going to take place in the 1980's.

Now THAT'S what I like to hear. Very Happy

You can never go wrong with doing something from the 1980's. That was a golden age.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Wonder Woman is holding up better then any other superhero movie since 2002.

When one considers all the problems WB has had with the DCMU and Marvel/Disney's de facto monopoly on the superhero movie genre since 2012 via The Avengers coming out and Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy ending with The Dark Knight Rises, this is a very impressive accomplishment.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 3:18 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Wonder Woman 2 is going to take place in the 1980's.

Now THAT'S what I like to hear. Very Happy

You can never go wrong with doing something from the 1980's. That was a golden age.
iirc there was an absolutely loathed costume change that Wonder Woman went through around then which was completely different from all traditional versions of her outfit (e.g., it bore no similarity in either its construction or its color scheme). i wonder if they'll reference that in some way, like someone holds it up to her and says "You'd look great in this!" and she just smacked it out of their hands with a cold "Not on your life" XDDDD

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Zack Snyder has erased the Justice League logo/cover photo from his Twitter account.

Here's what Steppenwolf will look like in Justice League.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Steppenwolf-Justice-League-Action-Figure-0

So far, Wonder Woman has made just under $766 million dollars.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 5:12 am

Its also worth noting that the removal of the Justice League art banner from Snyder's Twitter account also coincided with the passing of George A. Romero, whom he voiced his respects for. It could be nothing, or it could mean he is becoming distanced from the project, either by himself or (less likely) WB. And, frankly, that's not really what I call "newsworthy".

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Warner Bros. will release 2 unknown DCMU movies in 2020.

We already know that Cyborg is planned to be released that year. My guess is that at least one of those movies will be Wonder Woman 2.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 10:17 am

We have a better idea of what Steppenwolf will look like in Justice League via a leaked toy image from Reddit.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 RrxkVodGCd5h-nnNaKF4a9YPzPDc1VfWIjk-hBNBB3Y

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 1:48 pm

It looks like Ben Affleck won't be Batman for much longer, like after Justice League.

Given all the chaos surrounding him with the role, it's not that surprising. But having this after the success of Wonder Woman and how it gave WB and the DCMU much needed hope, positivity, and good will from critics, fans, and the GA, I'd really thought that he would have stayed.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Very ominous news indeed. However, I can imagine a situation that would involve him leaving even with Wonder Woman's success. Basically, it was not his movie, his movie was the one that was supposed to be the billion dollar hit of the year, and it was hamstrung from the start by so much bad word of mouth, even he didn't escape it, many embittered fans calling his Batman "The Punisher".

All the god damn memes probably didn't help either, like "Sadfleck", and all the laughing characters patting his back. I'm looking at you Sam's Channel. Not that it contributed to his decision to leave, strictly speaking, but it made a joke out of the situation. And that tends to hang about on the internet, like a room full of smelly socks.

On a sidenote, I do find it interesting that despite being arguably more criticized than Affleck, and not as talented a performer, Henry Cavill has remained pretty steadfast in his commitment to the Superman role, even during the days when the DCEU franchise looked like a sinking ship. Plus, I don't think there's as much goodwill towards him to play Superman as there now is for Affleck to remain as Batman. While he still hasn't been able to deliver on being the best cinematic Superman ever (that honour still goes to Christopher Reeve), he hasn't reacted to the backlash of both of his films in the same way that Affleck seems to be.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Very ominous news indeed. However, I can imagine a situation that would involve him leaving even with Wonder Woman's success. Basically, it was not his movie, his movie was the one that was supposed to be the billion dollar hit of the year, and it was hamstrung from the start by so much bad word of mouth, even he didn't escape it, many embittered fans calling his Batman "The Punisher".

All the god damn memes probably didn't help either, like "Sadfleck", and all the laughing characters patting his back. I'm looking at you Sam's Channel. Not that it contributed to his decision to leave, strictly speaking, but it made a joke out of the situation. And that tends to hang about on the internet, like a room full of smelly socks.

On a sidenote, I do find it interesting that despite being arguably more criticized than Affleck, and not as talented a performer, Henry Cavill has remained pretty steadfast in his commitment to the Superman role, even during the days when the DCEU franchise looked like a sinking ship. Plus, I don't think there's as much goodwill towards him to play Superman as there now is for Affleck to remain as Batman. While he still hasn't been able to deliver on being the best cinematic Superman ever (that honour still goes to Christopher Reeve), he hasn't reacted to the backlash of both of his films in the same way that Affleck seems to be.

I think it was due to power. Afflack was made the EP of Justice League and Snyder had to answer to him. When he left, Whedon came in and WB may have taken away much of Afflack's power. It's not the first time since in order to get Matt Reeves on board, WB had to give total creative control to him, which also cut down on Affleck's power as EP for that movie. Also also think that Afflack fighting for power is a much different story then Cavill. With Cavill, he could still be a good Superman, but the problem isn't with him per se, just really crappy writing and poor storytelling.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Ben Affleck won't be Batman for much longer, like after Justice League.

Given all the chaos surrounding him with the role, it's not that surprising. But having this after the success of Wonder Woman and how it gave WB and the DCMU much needed hope, positivity, and good will from critics, fans, and the GA, I'd really thought that he would have stayed.

So you're telling me he might not be in the Matt reeves movie?

I know WW was good but this seems like they just need to start over. I loved him as batman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next