Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 11:47 pm

Where's Thrawn?
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 12:04 am

It was the same way with SW7, it's just a small but outspoken group of individuals who really think that. It's Star Wars and it's not going to effect the box office. International Movie Database is just the kind of environment that breeds that kind of rhetoric.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 3:32 am

Can't wait for Rogue One and Rebels Season 3!

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Saw this on a Disney forum and it's apparently a thing that was completed...anyone watch?

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 9:46 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Saw this on a Disney forum and it's apparently a thing that was completed...anyone watch?

It's never been released. It was being made as a spin-off right before the Disney acquisition, and I imagine had that not happened, it'd have gotten even more than what was completed. It's from the Robot Chicken guys, but I'm sure a bit cleaner for families. I liked the idea, as it was clearly made with a love of Star Wars, but was also an officially sanctioned by Lucas show that would poke fun at the universe, especially the prequels. However, once Disney bought the franchise, I guess they didn't want to immediately put out a show poking fun at their newest property. I've also speculated that besides a few things, like Disney allowing Rebels to ease into a lot of callbacks to TCW, they were trying to shy away from the prequels and the generally negative reception they got. Unless Disney goes out of it's way to remake the saga or at least do some sort of rewrite on the prequels, I imagine they'll eventually release this in some form, since they own it and there's like 50-something episodes completed if I remember correctly.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 10:46 pm

The PT era isn't being ignored. Pablo Hidalgo's said it plenty of times.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2016 2:21 pm

A New Droid from Rogue One Revealed!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/762953-a-new-droid-from-rogue-one-revealed#rc2T2TDLCXsEK23T.99

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2016 7:39 pm

Box office predictions for Rogue One? I think it will surpass a billion, but won't come close to TFA. I'm thinking about 1.1-1.3B depending on reviews and word of mouth.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 2:45 am

how did i miss this thread?! Razz i'm not exactly eager for Rogue One (it's not hating on Star Wars, i'm just not heavily invested in it--i'm watching The Clone Wars on Netflix for, like, the sixth time now and i'm trying to get caught up with Rebels) but i'm almost certainly gonna go see it when it comes out.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 11:02 pm

Yoda’s Jedi History to Be Revealed in Star Wars Comic

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 7:54 pm

*facepalm* @ Yoda news.

Prequels are already canonized and will remain a part of Disney's plans. Proof is in Whitaker's involvement in Rogue One where he plays a Clone Wars character.

Also Felicity Jones is overacting central in the trailers.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Does anyone ever get a little sad when it comes to the new trilogy. Like, if new movies were to happen, unless recasting happens which I do not want (young Han Solo aside, which I'll give it a shot), they had to eventually move on from the old cast. However, I still hate that to make this work, they had to give every one of our heroes the crappiest deal possible. Han and Leia? Separated with a fallen son, and Han gets killed off trying to save him. Luke revives the Jedi only for his student to turn, form a new dark side group, and murder Luke's student. R2 has been shut down for years. The New Republic sucks so badly that Leia basically had to start the rebellion all over again. The Empire may be gone, but it's basically started all over with the First Order.

It's like looking at the end of RotJ, even if technically the Empire wasn't over, and now you'll always think "Look at this happy ending. It doesn't last." Yeah, happy endings don't happen too often in the real world, but this isn't our real world. I want the universe of Star Wars to feel real, but that doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as our real world.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Does George Lucas still own the rights to the Star Wars Holiday Special or did that also get sold off to Disney?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Star Wars Actress Reveals Why Han and Leia Split Up

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 7:40 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Does George Lucas still own the rights to the Star Wars Holiday Special or did that also get sold off to Disney?

Pretty sure Lucas sold everything, but it's always possible he snuck a clause in there to keep it buried.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 2:19 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Pretty sure Lucas sold everything, but it's always possible he snuck a clause in there to keep it buried.
i'd believe that. even if he didn't, we're never gonna see the Holiday Special in any official capacity--even if Disney is evil, they're not stupid

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 6:54 pm

Lucas sold everything. But he made special requests for things such as Anakin Skywalker, the Sith, etc. That Disney is obliged to follow.

Also there is a matter of distribution/rebroadcast rights. Fox for example owns the rights to Star Wars forever. All the sequels will revert to Disney starting in 2020 or so (Fox still controls Empire and Jedi but not the prequels iirc).

In case you didn't know, Time Warner acquired the rights to broadcast the saga. TNT aired the 6 episodes last weekend. Not the CW movie and obviously not TFA.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 5:45 pm

I saw the second trailer for Rouge One at work before I punched in. It looked very good.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Donald Glover to Play Lando Calrissian in Han Solo Spin-Off

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:58 pm

and apparently a guy was at ComiCon in a custom-made rancor suit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc6telxcutk

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 2:53 pm

Emila Clarke is going to be in the new Han Solo movie.

I have to ask. If the Star Destroyers are basically the Empires battleships, then why don't they have larger turrets with large cannons like early-mid 20th century warships did to blast enemy ships at very long range?

Back to top Go down
HennexForest
Embryo
Embryo
HennexForest

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:01 am

Ah, Star Wars.  I love Star Wars.  I have loved Star Wars nearly my whole life.  I can't even remember a time in my life without Star Wars.

How much do I really love Star Wars you ask?  Well, I am currently all caught up on all new canon material minus a few junior novels based on Rebels and a single book: Before the Awakening.  Speaking of which, I just finished Catalyst (A Rogue One Novel) yesterday which has made me even more hyped for Rogue One than I was before.  I didn't think that was possible, but it happened.

The only product I am not fond since the Disney acquisition is The Force Awakens.  Unfortunately, I find it very boring and bare.  But having enjoyed the vast majority of new material in these last three years, I can let one films slide and hope it's sequel rebound this new trilogy for me.

Oh wait, almost forgot about the 2015 Battlefront.  Ugh. The less said about that painful disappointment the better.

In the end, I do love Star Wars and I don't hate any of it.  I may not like it all, but there is so much more good things about the franchise than bad.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Disney was filming a Boba Fett movie and was to release the trailer...But Josh Trank's failed Fantastic 4 winded up delaying, if not ruined any chance of the movie being released.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see the use or appeal of a Boba Fett movie in the least, regardless of who makes it. He's nowhere near as interesting a character in the films as he allegedly is in the EU (I'm not totally familiar with the old expanded lore), and I doubt he could support a whole movie without a strong supporting cast. I'd much rather see a standalone film for Obi-Wan Kenobi, or a film set inbetween the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 6:00 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I really don't see the use or appeal of a Boba Fett movie in the least, regardless of who makes it. He's nowhere near as interesting a character in the films as he allegedly is in the EU (I'm not totally familiar with the old expanded lore), and I doubt he could support a whole movie without a strong supporting cast. I'd much rather see a standalone film for Obi-Wan Kenobi, or a film set inbetween the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

What makes Boba Fett so appealing is that he is the mysterious strong silent type. People wanted to know more about him. Where did he come from? Why did he become a bounty hunter? How skilled is he? That sort of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 5:38 pm

i think, if anything, there should be an animated series parallel to Rebels which follows Boba instead of a whole movie

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 1:04 pm

As long as Boba Fett is not touched by Dave Failoni then a miniseries could have worked. a Fett movie could work since the Jango video game was one of the best games produced by Lucasarts then again Jango is a vastly superior character. But a Fett movie has as much potential as a Yoda and Han movie. Kenobi would be cool because Ewan was great as him but he was technically supposed to be in training and stay in hiding to protect Luke and himself. Gallivanting using the Force and a lightsaber during the Dark Times draws a lot of attention.

Rhedo-- The Empire did have those guns. The Venator-class Star Destroyers were equipped with cannons and turbolasers on their flanks to engage large capital ship threats. However the Empire did away with those (for the most part) when upgrading the Imperial-class and Executor-class SD and SSD respectively because they did not view any faction after their rise as significant enough of a threat, even in Return of the Jedi the Emperor and his cohorts felt they were nothing. Unlike the CIS during the Clone Wars. Remember that even if you discount the Death Stars the Empire had far and away the largest and deadliest fleet and fighter corps in the galaxy. They dwarfed the Rebellion. FWIW as well they did at the least have some sort of turret and battery defense since that is what failed the Executor in the Battle of Endor. And there is the simple fact the fleets only engaged once in the OT and that was at Endor where the fleet was neutered by the Emperor because of his ego. They may well still have those weapons to a degree. If the original Jakku battle and the Star Destroyer descendant in TFA are anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2016 1:43 pm

which of course is why the Imperial Remnant figured so heavily into the old EU and then were adapted as the First Order: even with their leadership decapitated, all those officers, soldiers, and weapons aren't just gonna disappear

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Why do Jedi give their dead modified Viking funerals?

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 1:08 am

it's not so much a Viking funeral as much as it is a simple cremation. the only Viking funeral i can think of in the current canon is Even Piell in Clone Wars, which i'd say was more impromptu because they were still on the run and there was a convenient river of lava right there. Qui-Gon was cremated, Vader was cremated, and so on

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 3 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next