Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Andy Serkis says that Snoke will come back for Star Wars 9.

Uhh.........HOW?!

Not counting being a force ghost or being Darth Maul, it's pretty hard to come back from being cut in half by a lightsaber.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 11:51 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Andy Serkis says that Snoke will come back for Star Wars 9.

Uhh.........HOW?!

Not counting being a force ghost or being Darth Maul, it's pretty hard to come back from being cut in half by a lightsaber.

He is not confirming anything. He just said "who knows" which is quite common for actors to say if they aren't sure if their characters will come back or not.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 9:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNW0B0HsvVs
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:48 pm

It's soooo lackluster. There's nothing charismic about Alden Ehrenreich, and the whole thing seems easily skippable. Too little payoff for too long a wait. My interested is drained.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:57 pm

I think Solo is going to be a profitable trainwreck, and that's the best case scenario.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 pm

I'll probably rent it when it comes out on home release. I don't think I'll see it in theaters. I mean, frankly, the iRaptor has more personality than the entirety of this Solo trailer.

dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 4:53 pm

God this film looks like a bore, shouldn't have even been made, will accept no one other than Harrison Ford as Han Solo...
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 7:55 pm

This looks like the hottest, wettest, softest pile of cinematic dog shit ever to bare the Star Wars name. “Han Solo”’s squeaky voice and general presence as a completely different character. The glaringly obvious market research-based casting. The fakey-fake look of all those overly made-up actors together in the cockpit (does that look genuine to ANYONE??). The hyperactive camera. The terrible CGI. The Nickelodeon tween sitcom style of acting. This looks like the most manufactured, soulless, corporate Star Wars ever.

It feels unfair for me to be reserving judgment for Fallen Kingdom but not this movie, but the hard truth is that bad trailers are more accurate to their films than good ones. Fallen Kingdom still might suck. Solo is very unlikely not to.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm

GAME OF THRONES CREATORS DAVID BENIOFF AND D.B. WEISS TO WRITE AND PRODUCE A NEW SERIES OF STAR WARS FILMS
http://www.starwars.com/news/game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-and-d-b-weiss-to-write-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Ron Howard says that George Lucas directed a small part of Solo.

This talks about what happens to Star Wars if Solo bombs.

Here's a funny comparison between Anakin Skywalker and Ben Solo.

The Star Wars thread - Page 24 27657977_1555282847840238_1087058635095712636_n

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Here's a look at Qi’ra, the female character that Emilia Clarke is playing in Solo.

The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F02%2Fhansolo5a77a3c62f773

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 4:35 am

More info emerges on what Colin Trevorrow's Episode IX would have been and why he was fired

And honestly, this kind of crap pisses me off; they basically fired him for wanting to stay true to what George had envisioned for Star Wars.

The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 11:09 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
More info emerges on what Colin Trevorrow's Episode IX would have been and why he was fired

And honestly, this kind of crap pisses me off; they basically fired him for wanting to stay true to what George had envisioned for Star Wars.

In hindsight, Colin Trevorrow was better off getting fired since he doesn't have to clean up the mess that Rian Johnson made via TLJ.

Luke chasing his nephew to the dark side after a failed murder attempt (!), Leia being the flying nun, Holdo being a crappy commander who had no ability to inspire and wasn't able to, you know, COMMAND, "We don't win wars by destroying what we hate, but keeping what we love" or however that dumb line went, Kylo Ren's extra thick shirtless scene, Snoke getting killed off because...REASONS, and the First Order destroying the Resistance fleet after they chased them until the Resistance...RAN OUT OF GAS!

Between that and KK not knowing what she's doing, Trevorrow getting fired was the best thing for his career. He would have had to change so much of his plans that it would have been ruined anyway.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 8:52 am

It looks like Rian Johnson threw out the whole original plans for not just the TLJ but also the Episode 9.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 6:23 pm

The levels of shortsightedness, uncreativity, shallowness and pettiness among these Star Wars directors and Kathleen Kennedy (the person who should be managing this franchise) is staggering. How you go into a filmmaking venture without a plan is beyond me. I know Rhedo's said it before, and I sure as hell believe it now: if George hasn't had the last laugh then he surely will soon.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 8:48 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
The levels of shortsightedness, uncreativity, shallowness and pettiness among these Star Wars directors and Kathleen Kennedy (the person who should be managing this franchise) is staggering. How you go into a filmmaking venture without a plan is beyond me. I know Rhedo's said it before, and I sure as hell believe it now: if George hasn't had the last laugh then he surely will soon.

Part of me still thinks that Disney will bring him back on in some form once they give Kathleen Kennedy the boot. He won't wield all the power, but he'll wield quite a bit of it. At this point, what else can Disney do and who else can they turn to?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Rian Johnson has already begun work on his own Star Wars trilogy.

This buffoon destroyed the plans laid out by JJ Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy let him do this, and yet he gets THIS instead of a pink slip?! Kathleen Kennedy is basically asking to be fired, and she's too stupid to even know it.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 2:58 pm

MFW people are pissed that TLJ didn't go their way.

The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Raw

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2018 4:08 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Rian Johnson has already begun work on his own Star Wars trilogy.

This buffoon destroyed the plans laid out by JJ Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy let him do this, and yet he gets THIS instead of a pink slip?! Kathleen Kennedy is basically asking to be fired, and she's too stupid to even know it.

"With Star Wars: The Last Jedi now barely in the rearview mirror, work has already begun on Rian Johnson’s new trilogy of Star Wars films. Set in a previously unexplored part of the Star Wars galaxy, the new films will have no connection to the current trilogy. "

Calm down with the faux outrage every 10 minutes

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 8:54 am

CT-1138 wrote:
MFW people are pissed that TLJ didn't go their way.

The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Raw

You are aware the Johnson threw out JJ Abrams' plans for the whole trilogy and that KK let him do it, are you?

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2018 2:36 pm

I am, and I don't care. I liked what we got. It doesn't ruin the mythos, it keeps the canon in mind, and no, Luke did not go out like a bitch. People are pissed because it didn't go the way they wanted. Well, boo freaking hoo. I'm sick of entitled "fans" who rage when something doesn't go their way.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I am, and I don't care. I liked what we got. It doesn't ruin the mythos, it keeps the canon in mind, and no, Luke did not go out like a bitch. People are pissed because it didn't go the way they wanted. Well, boo freaking hoo. I'm sick of entitled "fans" who rage when something doesn't go their way.

Even though it meant that Trevorrow got screwed over by both KK and Johnson, despite both Hamill and Daisy really liking his plan?

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Even though it meant that Trevorrow got screwed over by both KK and Johnson, despite both Hamill and Daisy really liking his plan?

Truth be told, I don't care for Trevorrow's writing. I think he's too hipster.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 am

Rumoured details on Solo: A Star Wars Story director shake-up and Alden Ehrenreich being “just not good enough”

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/03/rumoured-details-on-solo-a-star-wars-story-director-shake-up-and-alden-ehrenreich-being-just-not-good-enough/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 1:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rumoured details on Solo: A Star Wars Story director shake-up and Alden Ehrenreich being “just not good enough”

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/03/rumoured-details-on-solo-a-star-wars-story-director-shake-up-and-alden-ehrenreich-being-just-not-good-enough/

This movie looks like it's going to be a profitable trainwreck ah la Zilla '98 and Wolverine: Origins. Not only that, but look at how little marketing there is for this movie.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2018 12:12 pm

This talks about the horror stories about the new Han Solo movie.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Alden Ehrenreich Says He’s Signed For Two More Movies As Han Solo

https://411mania.com/movies/alden-ehrenreich-says-hes-signed-two-movies-han-solo/

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 2:30 pm

More info regarding Colin Trevorrow's exit from Star Wars emerges: jump to 17:23.

Based on what Kristian, Mark and this girl Rosie bring up, he was fired several months before the announcement of his departure in September, and possibly as far back as the passing of Carrie Fisher. This makes a degree of sense because filming for TLJ hadn't been completed by then, save for the Leia scenes, and he wanted Luke and Snoke to be alive for Episode IX. I know he's not the best screenwriter, but it's rich coming from Lucasfilm if that was the reason he was fired because they greenlit THE LAST JEDI.

Still, the timing of it sure was funny with the announcement coming a few months after the release of The Book of Henry and it's critical mauling, and obviously the story ran that the bombing of that film led to him losing the Star Wars job. It makes you wonder what the media buzz would have been if Book of Henry was critically acclaimed and soon afterwards Lucasfilm announces his departure. He was also slandered for being "unbearable" and having a large ego around the time of these announcements, no doubt to make it easier for Kennedy to paint herself as the good guy.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2018 5:58 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

More info regarding Colin Trevorrow's exit from Star Wars emerges: jump to 17:23.

Based on what Kristian, Mark and this girl Rosie bring up, he was fired several months before the announcement of his departure in September, and possibly as far back as the passing of Carrie Fisher. This makes a degree of sense because filming for TLJ hadn't been completed by then, save for the Leia scenes, and he wanted Luke and Snoke to be alive for Episode IX. I know he's not the best screenwriter, but it's rich coming from Lucasfilm if that was the reason he was fired because they greenlit THE LAST JEDI.

Still, the timing of it sure was funny with the announcement coming a few months after the release of The Book of Henry and it's critical mauling, and obviously the story ran that the bombing of that film led to him losing the Star Wars job. It makes you wonder what the media buzz would have been if Book of Henry was critically acclaimed and soon afterwards Lucasfilm announces his departure. He was also slandered for being "unbearable" and having a large ego around the time of these announcements, no doubt to make it easier for Kennedy to paint herself as the good guy.

It makes you wonder how KK would have said if Trevorrow didn't direct 'Book Of Henry'. Yes, Trevorrow was screwed over by KK and Rian Johnson, but let's not pretend that Book Of Henry was a bad idea.

Come to think of it, I wonder what Spielberg thought of this when KK threw Trevorrow under the bus.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 24 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 27 ... 31  Next