Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 pm

George Lucas’ Plans For Star Wars 7 Through 9 Would Have Involved Midichlorians
https://411mania.com/movies/george-lucas-plans-star-wars-7-9-involved-midichlorians/

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 5:05 pm

^^ However mixed I am on the ST, (hated TFA, liked TLJ), I don't know if we needed a story about characters who are vessels for microscopic beings. So we may have dodged a bullet there.
Back to top Go down
Quetzalcoatlus
Embryo
Embryo
Quetzalcoatlus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 12:28 am

I’ve only been a fan a couple years now but I’m a diehard Legends loyalist. I think they should have continued what already existed or what would probably make the most fans happy, dual canons. Other franchises do it, so can SW. I just wish there weren’t so many in the fandom who are set on trashing Legends fans...seriously, most of the negative things we’re accused of are really trolls and not us.

I myself won’t annoy Disney fans promise.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm

^^ If there's one good thing about this new canon, it's no Admiral Daala...yikes, that woman was obnoxious.

Supposedly the anthology films are on-hold in the wake of Solo:

http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoffs-on-hold/

IMO they need to take this less-is-more approach...a recent report said that there were 9 SW films in development. Do we need 9 more SW films in quick succession? How about a few (or one) really good one(s)? It's quality, not quantity, damn it!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Awww, man! I like the anthology films. Would it kill Disney/LFL to take some responsibility that they royally effed up Solo? Or was it really easier just to say that anthology films don't make money (they do) and that SW fatigue is the cause (it's not).

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 8:48 pm

IMO they WILL make more anthology movies...they just won't put them out every few months.

I don't think they're saying Kenobi is off the table - just that it isn't happening right now.

For one thing, even though there very probably won't be a Solo sequel, after they set up Maul in the film, it would be horribly awkward if they didn't follow up.

Here are some more possible details:
https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2018/06/disney-scrapping-star-wars-standalone-movies-rethinking-development-and-why-thats-actually-great-for-the-franchise.html
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Awww, man! I like the anthology films. Would it kill Disney/LFL to take some responsibility that they royally effed up Solo? Or was it really easier just to say that anthology films don't make money (they do) and that SW fatigue is the cause (it's not).

Pretty much all this except I don’t think the screwed up Solo, I loved the film. That said 6 months after the fandom train wreck that was Last Jedi And also being the one spin-off no one wanted, Disney and LF should take responsibility.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 7:16 am

It looks like LucasFilm is avoiding going to untested director for future movies.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 3:42 pm

The thot plickens:

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Star_Wars_Story_Rumor_Clarification_181093.asp

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Lucasfilm_Mentions_Multiple_Unannounced_Films_In_Development_181094.asp

An announced Mos Eisley movie? Wha...?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 pm

It looks like KK's days are numbered. Bob Igor really ripped her apart in front other Disney head honchos.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:46 am

Sometimes I don't even want to like Star Wars anymore. Haters have kind of spoiled the fun for me.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:52 am

TheRexMan22 wrote:
Sometimes I don't even want to like Star Wars anymore. Haters have kind of spoiled the fun for me.

I agree. The toxicity is just too much for me, especially when actresses end up getting harassed because of the characters they chose to play. It's awful.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 2:03 am

The Malone Society wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:

I agree. The toxicity is just too much for me, especially when actresses end up getting harassed because of the characters they chose to play. It's awful.
I hope she returns for the next movie, but if she doesn't, I can't blame her.

All of this is just so stupid.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 pm

^^ Agreed. Whatever one thinks about the recent films, what happened to Kelly Marie Tran is just gross, especially as

1. She seems sweet in real life
2. She didn't write the damn thing!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Keri Russell will be part of Star Wars 9.

Hopefully, she gets to play Rey's mother/Luke's wife.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 8:11 pm

It looks like Billy Dee Williams will reprise his role as Lando after all.

I hope J.J. Abrams manages to keep this character intact. I heard he was given full creative control for this movie, mainly in part because of how KK allowed Johnson to throw out the plans Abrams made. If anything else, I wouldn't be surprised if Abrams forced her into giving him what he wanted.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm

TheRexMan22 wrote:

Me too. It’s a crappy feeling.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Billy Dee Williams will reprise his role as Lando after all.
The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Zh6sqIT

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Ladies and gentlemen. Rian Johnson has become Paul Feig on steroids.

The Star Wars thread - Page 27 37025645_406102076568141_4163433514538106880_n

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 pm

^Rhedosaurus, if you were harassed and basically called the worst person on the earth for 7 months on end over a movie, I bet you would be less than patient with some of these "fans" as well.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Baryonyx111 wrote:
^Rhedosaurus, if you were harassed and basically called the worst person on the earth for 7 months on end over a movie, I bet you would be less than patient with some of these "fans" as well.

Here's the thing. Rian Johnson threw out the original plans that J.J. Abrams made and did whatever he wanted. You don't think that not taking the fans into account AT ALL, makes him partially liable for any of this? Not only that, but the more he keeps on poking the bear, the more he brings it on himself.

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Baryonyx111 wrote:

Here's the thing. Rian Johnson threw out the original plans that J.J. Abrams made and did whatever he wanted. You don't think that not taking the fans into account AT ALL, makes him partially liable for any of this? Not only that, but the more he keeps on poking the bear, the more he brings it on himself.

If people are offended by his tweets which call out toxic and racist people, despite the fact he has made clear on several occasions that he is not going after folks with legitimate criticism, then the problem is with them, not Johnson.

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Baryonyx111 wrote:

If you think Lucas ever for a second gave a damn about the fans you'll be sorely mistaken. Lucas made the movies he wanted to make and told the story he wanted to tell. If the fans didn't like it, he didn't care.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 7:41 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
TheRexMan22 wrote:

Me too. It’s a crappy feeling.
I don’t mean this in a hater way, but I really wish I could enjoy where they are going.

I like what Disney did to marvel for the most part, but I felt Star Wars has no got it’s due at all.

I think they should have also never brought back the original cast and let them have all died of old age by the time the new story started. I feel like people were too emotionally connected to these characters for them to ever be realistically satisfied but that’s just me. Let them ride off into the sunset.

I am looking forward to a story in The SW universe that hopefully has all new characters and is a far cry from what happened in the OT and prequels. I do think the anthology movies hearts are in the right place. There’s nothing wrong with providing people with fan service as I want the same thing done in JP.

I do understand there are people who are absolutely terrible to others if they like the new films and it’s a big shame. But sadly people just can’t be civil. Try to ignore them. Like what you like and stick to it!

About solo

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Baryonyx111 wrote:

You know, I may not love everything about TLJ but I generally enjoy it. You should never have to account for this kind of harassment over a film. The way the vocal haters have acted has been deplorable. Honestly, I could care less if there started with some agenda by Disney, or Johnson, or Kathleen Kennedy, because the way these people have made Star Wars fans look and become known as the most toxic fandom out there, well it sucks.

If you are unhappy, by all means have an opinion and say something. But say it within reason. There’s no reason we every day we have to deal with hearing how the racists are harassing John Boyega, the sexists are after Kelly Marie Tran, and yet others still are so venomous because they hated a film. Move on with your lives.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Baryonyx111 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Baryonyx111 wrote:

If people are offended by his tweets which call out toxic and racist people, despite the fact he has made clear on several occasions that he is not going after folks with legitimate criticism, then the problem is with them, not Johnson.

Here's the thing. Johnson thinks that EVRYBODY who didn't like the movie, or even those who felt it had issues are just that. He can't tell which is which.

CT-1138 wrote:
If you think Lucas ever for a second gave a damn about the fans you'll be sorely mistaken. Lucas made the movies he wanted to make and told the story he wanted to tell. If the fans didn't like it, he didn't care.

Here's the thing. Fan were willing to give Lucas the benefit of the doubt since he made the original trilogy. That and there is much legitimately good things in the PT-I consider the lightsaber fights in the PT the best in the franchise-for them to overlook the bad...for a while anyway. That and at least he didn't destroy anything while giving us something new. Nor did he throw out the plans of anybody else who made it.

Johnson only had one movie under his belt and threw away the plans that Abrams made. So he didn't have that luxury Lucas did.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 pm

Who cares if he threw away Abram's script. You keep bringing that up like it matters. I haven't seen one single fan actually care about that except you.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 6:04 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Who cares if he threw away Abram's script. You keep bringing that up like it matters. I haven't seen one single fan actually care about that except you.

Because Abrams is a Star Wars fan. Besides, nowadays, you can't go into making a movie without some form of a plan. Just look at the DCEU and JP3. For all we know, what Abrams planned could have been better then what we got. A movie that heavily divides the fanbase can really damage the franchise. BvS is a good example.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2018 6:42 pm

Johnson's a SW fan, so is Kennedy, so are a lot of people. I don't see why that matters. Johnson rejected Abram's plan and substituted his own. He didn't not have a plan, his plan just didn't jive with the one already established. We don't know the exact details of Abrams plan. Could have been more of the same nostalgia baiting, uninspired, predictable tripe that was TFA. Instead we got something new, and bold.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Johnson's a SW fan, so is Kennedy, so are a lot of people. I don't see why that matters. Johnson rejected Abram's plan and substituted his own. He didn't not have a plan, his plan just didn't jive with the one already established. We don't know the exact details of Abrams plan. Could have been more of the same nostalgia baiting, uninspired, predictable tripe that was TFA. Instead we got something new, and bold.

The Resistance fleet getting destroyed because...they ran out of gas was bold?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 27 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next