Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2018 10:44 pm

Solo is one of those rare films that i really don’t give a crap about. But at the same time I’m incredibly interested to watch the trailer, just to see what it’s like, the fan response etc.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2018 1:16 am

Cant right it off completely when we haven't seen any footage yet.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 2:42 am

The Last Jedi has passed $1 billion on the box office worldwide: http://fortune.com/2017/12/31/star-wars-the-last-jedi-gross-earnings-box-office/
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 5:13 pm

I wonder if it can out gross JW WW?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 12:49 pm

Ewan McGregor Plays Down OBI-WAN KENOBI Movie Rumors; Praises THE LAST JEDI As "Beautiful"
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/ewan-mcgregor-plays-down-obi-wan-kenobi-movie-rumors-praises-the-last-jedi-as-beautiful-a156841

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:51 pm

The Last Jedi now holds the record for the biggest sequel-to-sequel drop.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 8:43 am

With Four Months To Go Until SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY Is Released, More Reshoots Are Reportedly Scheduled
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/with-four-months-to-go-until-solo-a-star-wars-story-is-released-more-reshoots-are-reportedly-scheduled-a156882

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 10:08 am

Dead2009 wrote:
With Four Months To Go Until SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY Is Released, More Reshoots Are Reportedly Scheduled
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/with-four-months-to-go-until-solo-a-star-wars-story-is-released-more-reshoots-are-reportedly-scheduled-a156882

Ohhh damn... I already had low hopes for this film, but looks like they're about to get even lower! If Disney are smart, they'll delay the film.

I hope this doesn't kill Ron Howard's career as a result.

The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 12:43 pm

I have a feeling that Solo may be Disney's first bust with SW. We're 4 months away from release without a single bit of marketing. Disney doesn't seem all that hopeful with this one. In the immortal words of Han Solo himself, I have a bad feeling about this. If LFL and Disney were marketing this one like the previous SW movies, we would have gotten our first teaser 5 months ago, with a Force Friday around Thanksgiving, and the first Trailer attached to TLJ. With the second trailer possibly coming out with Super Bowl, and then a series of TV spots leading up to the release in May. There's been NOTHING. It's like this movie isn't even on the radar.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I have a feeling that Solo may be Disney's first bust with SW. We're 4 months away from release without a single bit of marketing. Disney doesn't seem all that hopeful with this one. In the immortal words of Han Solo himself, I have a bad feeling about this. If LFL and Disney were marketing this one like the previous SW movies, we would have gotten our first teaser 5 months ago, with a Force Friday around Thanksgiving, and the first Trailer attached to TLJ. With the second trailer possibly coming out with Super Bowl, and then a series of TV spots leading up to the release in May. There's been NOTHING. It's like this movie isn't even on the radar.

I swear the only people hyping Solo up right now are people like Making Star Wars, who have a vested interest in the movie being successful due to making their website centered around Star Wars, etc.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Wouldn't it have had made more sense to find a new director for the planned Boba Fett movie and then make THAT instead? I mean, Harrison Ford is just so iconic as Han Solo, that it's practically impossible to introduce a younger version.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 7:19 pm

Ron Howard will be fine.

Rogue One reshot a lot of their movie at the last second. I don't think the film is that GREAT but it survived and a lot of people liked it. The reshoots are more concerning than the marketing though. That department may just not have a clue how to do it or can't make a trailer because of the massively evolving process the film is going through.

And Star Wars is Star Wars...I doubt TLJ needed to really market at all nor should a Han Solo movie really. It is just for those people on the fence more than anything.

Would rather an old man Lando movie be made than a Boba Fett one. But Temuera Morrison is vital to the latter IMO.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 am

Yeah, remember Ron Howard is directing. I doubt it'll flop.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 11:57 am

I was browsing on a lot of "Most Anticipated Films of 2018" lists earlier today, and found that not only was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom omitted from a fair number of them (or at least rated in the lower or middle regions of said lists), but they always contained the Han Solo spinoff, and oftentimes higher up than JW: FK.

I'm honestly curious as to what people are seeing in this film. I know that the Jurassic sequel's trailer didn't exactly light the film fan world on fire (not that it needs discussing on a Star Wars page) but I am legitimately confused why so far the Han Solo marketing has given us much to get intrigued or excited about, and that's leaving word about reshoots out of the discussion. And it's often brought up in close proximity to the ever so popular MCU blockbusters. Is it really such overwhelming faith in the Star Wars name?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:08 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I was browsing on a lot of "Most Anticipated Films of 2018" lists earlier today, and found that not only was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom omitted from a fair number of them (or at least rated in the lower or middle regions of said lists), but they always contained the Han Solo spinoff, and oftentimes higher up than JW: FK.

I'm honestly curious as to what people are seeing in this film. I know that the Jurassic sequel's trailer didn't exactly light the film fan world on fire (not that it needs discussing on a Star Wars page) but I am legitimately confused why so far the Han Solo marketing has given us much to get intrigued or excited about, and that's leaving word about reshoots out of the discussion. And it's often brought up in close proximity to the ever so popular MCU blockbusters. Is it really such overwhelming faith in the Star Wars name?

Was it this one?
http://www.slashfilm.com/most-anticipated-movies-of-2018/

It was a top 25 one that did not have FK on it

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:15 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Was it this one?

That's one of them, yes. But another that came to mind was one from Collider Movie News, which listed most of the major anticipated releases including Solo, but not Jurassic World.

I just feel like the writing is seriously on the wall for the Star Wars spinoff, and if it wasn't in trouble we would have certainly gotten a trailer for it attached to The Last Jedi.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:51 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2018/01/11/7-days-into-its-release-chinese-theaters-abandon-the-last-jedi-dumping-92-of-its-screenings/#3297862e5cc0

Oh wow. China dumped almost all of its showings of TLJ from its theaters after a week. wow.

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Han Solo is almost unanimously the 2nd most popular character from the Star Wars mythos behind Vader. Incredibly popular and Donald Glover has a decent following, he plays Lando. But probably most importantly it is Star Wars. The largest entertainment fandom in the West. Jurassic Park was pretty big but while the big lull helped JW's gross, it also killed off a lot of fans that got tired of waiting or didn't like the direction JW or JW:FK are going. I am not surprised that FK is lower on most lists than Solo, but I am surprised that it has been omitted entirely from a few lists..I guess it missed the mark with what it showed. Then again FK has been asleep at the wheel with promoting like Solo has. People might just be apprehensive because they have next to nothing to judge if they want to see it.

I am sure it will be on more lists when more is known or it gets closer to release. Also, it is not the anticipatory lists that should worry/bother...it is whether it is on "Best" or Year end lists going into 2019 that should.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Scott B wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Han Solo is almost unanimously the 2nd most popular character from the Star Wars mythos behind Vader. Incredibly popular and Donald Glover has a decent following, he plays Lando. But probably most importantly it is Star Wars. The largest entertainment fandom in the West. Jurassic Park was pretty big but while the big lull helped JW's gross, it also killed off a lot of fans that got tired of waiting or didn't like the direction JW or JW:FK are going. I am not surprised that FK is lower on most lists than Solo, but I am surprised that it has been omitted entirely from a few lists..I guess it missed the mark with what it showed. Then again FK has been asleep at the wheel with promoting like Solo has. People might just be apprehensive because they have next to nothing to judge if they want to see it.

But has Solo really got much promotion? Given how Disney is preparing for it to underperform, if not outright bomb, we haven't even seen a trailer/teaser trailer for Solo yet. We've seen many teaser trailers and the first trailer for JW:FK.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 2:10 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Was it this one?

That's one of them, yes. But another that came to mind was one from Collider Movie News, which listed most of the major anticipated releases including Solo, but not Jurassic World.

I just feel like the writing is seriously on the wall for the Star Wars spinoff, and if it wasn't in trouble we would have certainly gotten a trailer for it attached to The Last Jedi.

Aren't Collider the ones who keep making obsessive articles bashing FK before it's even out?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Honestly, I've not heard one person who's excited about Han Solo. Even Star Wars fans seem to be negative towards it.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Aren't Collider the ones who keep making obsessive articles bashing FK before it's even out?

Not necessarily, most of their Jurassic World articles aren't that negative, but not exactly positive either. Actually, nowadays it's ScreenRant who've gone from being pretty gung-ho about the sequel to intermittently making remarks about how "terrible" the Fallen Kingdom trailer apparently was. Even calling it the "10th Worst Trailer of 2017". And there have been other sites with other articles that were far more mean spirited that I touched on in the days leading up to the trailer's release.

The resident Jurassic Park fan of Collider Videos, Perri Nemiroff (who is a nice gal, and I do follow her on Twitter) has been a staunch champion of the series even amongst diverging opinions (though mainly for the original classic, understandably). Then the trailer dropped and she didn't particularly like it. She later said in the channel's "Most Anticipated Films of 2018" video that the potential for something more thoughtful and suspenseful in the second half of the film is what gave her hope and ultimately led her to putting it on her list. But... it was beneath "Solo", which also appeared on the other panelist's lists. Honestly my main reason for leaving Collider was because I felt that they were getting too nakedly biased when it came to all things Star Wars, one of them even jokingly (but still smugly) holding Star Wars above the likes of The Lord of the Rings by virtue of Star Wars having it's own fan conventions, May the 4th, and Disneyland theme park attractions. That, as a Tolkien fan, did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott B wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

But has Solo really got much promotion? Given how Disney is preparing for it to underperform, if not outright bomb, we haven't even seen a trailer/teaser trailer for Solo yet. We've seen many teaser trailers and the first trailer for JW:FK.

I didn't say Solo got much promotion, though it is covered a lot by many outlets. I said it is about the 2nd most popular character from it. So of course it will be anticipated by a ton of peeps. That alone is a big reason it is on so many lists. Among other things.

And I still haven't seen a ton to go by but it is still somewhat early for FK.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Scott B wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Scott B wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I didn't say Solo got much promotion, though it is covered a lot by many outlets. I said it is about the 2nd most popular character from it. So of course it will be anticipated by a ton of peeps. That alone is a big reason it is on so many lists. Among other things.

And I still haven't seen a ton to go by but it is still somewhat early for FK.

But the fact that Harrison Ford isn't playing Han Solo anymore, not to mention the fact that somebody else is playing as Han, are huge strikes against this movie. Not only that, but I didn't notice any mass demand for such a movie. It's not like Rogue One which was sort of needed to ensure that the prequels were still canon and the fanbase was interested in such a movie that was different from the last ones.

If anything else, I sense the fans wanting an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie more then this one.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Im not seeing how the prequels wouldnt be considered canon had Rogue One not been made

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Im not seeing how the prequels wouldnt be considered canon had Rogue One not been made

A lot of people thought that Disney would completely ret-con the prequel out of the timeline. Rogue One, and in fairness, Kylo Ren's one line about a clone army being more reliable then trained conscripts, helped end that.

Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 pm

I'm curious about the Han Solo movie, but I'm not sure I can really get used to anyone other than Harrison Ford in that role. It could still be fun, though.

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 2:21 am

No way were the prequels ever going to be retconned. Lucas wouldn't have sold them Lucasfilm if it was. And as said, Force Awakens had a few prequel references.

Rogue One originally started life as a Red Squadron fighter movie IIRC until it turned into the John Knoll heist story thing when Fett was canned and Red 5 became Rogue One and moved up 4 years.

Not a whole lot of desire for the Solo movie off the bat but I don't think people were clamoring for the Death Star plans movie either... Ford not doing it is a minus but people are curious. I don't think the movie was ever destined to go for a billion...doesn't stop it from being popular with news places. Also it being on lists doesn't mean more people will see it than FK.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 1:45 pm

I've never been very enthusiastic about the Han Solo movie. Obi wan, Maul, and Boba Fett solo movies all sound way more interesting to me, I couldn't figure out why they'd go with Han Solo. But yesterday I think I figured out the reason, and that's that Han Solo is a more recognizable and endearing character to lifelong fans of the OT than say, Darth Maul. Darth Maul is wicked cool, but there's just not a lot of meat on him. I guess the studios decided people would be more interested to hear Han Solo's backstory than a pointy-headed demon man.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 23 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next