Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)

Go down 
+16
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
evolution_rex
Aegyptiacus3
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Agron
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Tarbtano
CT-1138
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:14 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
I read somewhere that the Neomorph and Xenomorph will be getting into a fight of some sort toward the end of the move.

Now that would be cool to see. I'd like to see a Xenomorph queen go up against a Neomorph queen. Now that would be a catfight worth seeing.

I'm not sure how true it is, be it a leak or a fake rumor but in looking up stuff about the new movie I came across it. It doesn't say anything about a queen of either species but we'll see.

Yeah, I have my doubts we'll be seeing a queen.

Keep in mind that the concept of the Alien queen wasn't a concept created by Ridley Scott. For all we know, he may not even want to acknowledge the idea of a queen at all.

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
For all we know, he may not even want to acknowledge the idea of a queen at all.

I think adding this to Director's Cut of Alien pretty much says he doesn't.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
For all we know, he may not even want to acknowledge the idea of a queen at all.

That may happen for this movie, the no queen thing, but the alien queen has been so established in the minds of fans and in the Alien saga, that it's practically impossible for Ridley Scott not to have one in any other future Alien movies. What's he going to do? De-canonize it? That won't work at all, not without fan backlash forcing him to backtrack.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 am

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't know if anything in that scene does or doesn't imply that the idea of a queen could or couldn't not be. We don't see any eggs just Dallas and the other dude in a cocoon. Did I miss something? Honestly asking put of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

That may happen for this movie, the no queen thing, but the alien queen has been so established in the minds of fans and in the Alien saga, that it's practically impossible for Ridley Scott not to have one in any other future Alien movies. What's he going to do? De-canonize it? That won't work at all, not without fan backlash forcing him to backtrack.

I don't think he'd actually have the gall to de-canonize the queen, but I don't see him acknowledging it either.

Id say what's more than likely is that he'll look for ways around it, maybe going so far as to put alternative breeding methods into any future Alien films, but not in ways that necessarily "de-canonize" the queen.

That way, if he's ever asked about whether or not he's "de-canonizing" the concept of the queen, he can simply say something along the lines of "Not necessarily. I'm just suggesting that there may be other ways for the Xenomorph to breed that haven't been explored yet", or something to that extent.

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I don't think he'd actually have the gall to de-canonize the queen, but I don't see him acknowledging it either.

Id say what's more than likely is that he'll look for ways around it, maybe going so far as to put alternative breeding methods into any future Alien films, but not in ways that necessarily "de-canonize" the queen.

That way, if he's ever asked about whether or not he's "de-canonizing" the concept of the queen, he can simply say something along the lines of "Not necessarily. I'm just suggesting that there may be other ways for the Xenomorph to breed that haven't been explored yet", or something to that extent.

But isn't the Queen alien too popular for the fans that prevents him from not having it in at least some of the future alien movies? Sooner or later the fans are going to want to see a queen in one of the future alien movies.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 4:45 pm

I don't think it's a matter of popularity so much as its just accepted canon. To undo that they'd have to make some storyline in the plot about how the queen was a one time thing for yada yada reason. Even still they'd have to discount the other two movies that reference Queens.

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Ridley Scott is Planning at Least Four More Alien Movies
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/827213-ridley-scott-alien-movies#jF2yJhpV8dtGx2zK.99

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Jesus christ
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 8:09 pm

We almost got an Aliens cartoon, but the poor performance of Aliens 3 may have played a role in it not being aired.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 8:33 pm

The Original Brutal Ending to Alien

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:52 am

Anyone think Scott pushing these Alien prequels/sequels to kind of sucks because it's going to keep that Blomkamp sequel everyone wanted from happening.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 12:13 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Anyone think Scott pushing these Alien prequels/sequels to kind of sucks because it's going to keep that Blomkamp sequel everyone wanted from happening.

I just think that he's being a little too overprotective of the franchise considering how others (Joss Whedon and Fox in general) sent the series into the Dark Ages. (You could argue the 3rd movie was a starting point/harbinger, but Resurrection was the real kick off.) I'm not saying that's without merit, but I do think that Blomkamp should of have a fair chance. BTW, this wouldn't be the first time that Blomkamp was screwed over while working with Fox since he was supposed to direct a HALO movie, but Rothman basically stopped it from being made.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 9:46 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

I just think that he's being a little too overprotective of the franchise considering how others (Joss Whedon and Fox in general) sent the series into the Dark Ages. (You could argue the 3rd movie was a starting point/harbinger, but Resurrection was the real kick off.) I'm not saying that's without merit, but I do think that Blomkamp should of have a fair chance. BTW, this wouldn't be the first time that Blomkamp was screwed over while working with Fox since he was supposed to direct a HALO movie, but Rothman basically stopped it from being made.

It's weird because Scott's one venture back into the universe so far was very mediocre. At least in my and several other opinions. And while I'm trying to be excited for Covenant, it visually is looking a lot like "Prometheus but with Xenomorphs". Not to say Blomkamp is exactly the visionary the series needs. District 9 was great, but his follow-ups haven't exactly gotten the reception it did. I do have faith he'd give it a good shot though.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 4:16 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

It's weird because Scott's one venture back into the universe so far was very mediocre. At least in my and several other opinions. And while I'm trying to be excited for Covenant, it visually is looking a lot like "Prometheus but with Xenomorphs". Not to say Blomkamp is exactly the visionary the series needs. District 9 was great, but his follow-ups haven't exactly gotten the reception it did. I do have faith he'd give it a good shot though.

If Blomkamp had made his movie and it wasn't so well received with the fans, then I would justify Scott doing this far more then I currently can. It's a shame really. I remember how a lot of people were really excited when they found out that Blomkamp would be directing a new Alien movie. Something new and fresh. It looks like that if we'll get one made by him, then we probably won't get as much of that as we want, but as how much that's dictated by Scott.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Promo-prologue-thing. I don't really understand why they can't just put exposition scene in the movie instead of separate thing like this. I guess if the film is supposed to serve as another soft reboot they don't want too much rewinding, but still

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 pm

I watched Alien vs Predator again today, and I personally don't get the hate for this film. Now, I realize what it couldve been, a future story, with Colonel Marines and the two species at odds. Still, I figured it could've been worse (and AvP:R by all accounts was worse. When you could see what happening.). The fights are still a lot of fun to watch.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 pm

It's bad to me because all of the characters are boring cardboard cutouts, the fights are meaningless video game shlock, there is no tension (especially from the Predator side) and the setting doesn't really make much sense. That being said, at least it doesn't raise billion continuity/canon issues like Requiem does, and isn't as laughably dumb as that joke of a film ended up being. Also it's nice to see Lance Henriksen in anything, even if the role was what it was. There are also some little trivial bits here and there that were okay in the first half.

As much as I don't like those two films though, I think I would rather still want to have AVP3 coming up than Alien Covenant (or the Predator reboot). Because at least it -likely- wouldn't be just another attempt at doing the same exact thing as before. Now obviously we haven't seen Covenant yet, but all the trailers and clips they've shown are making it look like a soft reboot.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I watched Alien vs Predator again today, and I personally don't get the hate for this film. Now, I realize what it couldve been, a future story, with Colonel Marines and the two species at odds. Still, I figured it could've been worse (and AvP:R by all accounts was worse. When you could see what happening.). The fights are still a lot of fun to watch.

The PredAlien was the best thing about Requiem.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm

I think the only thing I liked about Requiem was at the beginning when that hunter guy and his boy get face hugged and killed pretty much instantly without remorse or delay. I mean, we've had kids killed before (Alien 3 + off Aliens) but not really on screen. Also there's something creepy about the alien community starting to infiltrate your neighborhood woods.

But other than that it was pure crap.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:24 pm

It looks like the new Predator will be 7 feet tall.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Ridley Scott says that Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5, won't ever be shown.

Quote: wrote:
I think he will never see the light. There was never a scenario, just an idea that evolved into a pitch of ten pages, I had to participate as a producer but it did not go any further because the Fox decided that She did not want to do it. I had already done Prometheus and worked on Covenant.

I get that he's being protective with the series ever since it took a downward turn via Alien 3, but I really think that he's taking things a bit too far.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 7:08 pm

We pretty much knew this, but it's official now.

Neil Blomkamps' planned Alien project is dead.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:26 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Expected but disappointed:(
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It makes you wonder if Scott will have to go back on that if this movie and whatever else he comes out with isn't well received.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It makes you wonder if Scott will have to go back on that if this movie and whatever else he comes out with isn't well received.

Possibly. And I don't mean to sound like a jerk but he says 4 more right? He's getting up in age.... but then so are the original cast
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 6:43 am

Despite earlier comments, I honestly can't say if Blomkamp's Alien would've been what we all hoped for. Ignoring any comment Scott made, because he seems to be a bit more bitter on than subject than needed, Blomkamp's known ideas and concept art was very heavy on fan pandering. Lord knows if people can hate Star Wars Rogue One for "pandering too much" as someone on another forum told me, people could hate this for it. Not to mention I believe Blomkamp's heart is in the right place, but after District 9 his films have been...not good.

Now I'm going to be honest, I love Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3. Less said about A:R the better, but I do also enjoy the first AvP film too. I never saw Prometheus, still haven't, so I'm not sure what to expect out of Covenant. If it ends up working, maybe Scott will do some more interesting things, but if it's received as badly as I hear the previous film was, maybe he should get off his high horse a little bit.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

But there already hasn't been universally well received Alien movie since 1986.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

From what I've heard, if it wasn't for Fox meddling, then Alien 3 would have been universally/mostly universally received. The directors cut or something like that is much better then the theatrical version.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 4:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

From what I've heard, if it wasn't for Fox meddling, then Alien 3 would have been universally/mostly universally received. The directors cut or something like that is much better then the theatrical version.

The amount of meddling and rewrites in that film make JP3 production seem like a walk in the park (get it? ha-ha) in comparison. There was ever, never chance for that film to succeed after the initial plans got scrapped.

Also it's not a directors cut, as Fincher absolutely loathes the film and never wants to speak of it.

I dislike that assembly/extended version as there's a LOT of boring time wasting and weird decisions. The alien changed of being born out of ox is infinitely less interesting and cruelsome than out of dog, religious references or not. And also that makes no sense with the body shape and movements of the alien.

The only thing I did like about the assembly/extended cut was Charles Dance finding Ripley from that beach area, and more of him in general. You know because other than Ripley and Bishop, Charles's character Clemens is the only actually interesting person in the film. So of course he gets killed almost instantly...

The theatrical cut is 'fine". I always really liked the first act, up until Clemens gets killed and when it transforms into lame slasher film. From there I'm always utterly bored until the last 10 mins or so, when Lance Henriksen and the company show up. That is the interesting stuff, not the rehash from the first film or the boring action.

Anyway the background drama and documentaries about the film are infinitely more interesting than the final product. Empire magazine has made great in depth articles about this clusterf*ck, too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next