Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 pm

I remember when I wanted to get a Wii U. Then I got a 3DS. Best decision. And I sometimes regret getting a 3DS, expensive games, I might even want to trade a PS2 for it.

But I can't really say much, I got a PS3 this year and I don't play it since february, also I'm not playing that much on Steam. 

I want a PS4, specially to play Crash Bandicoot, that thing is a console seller for me.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:48 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I remember when I wanted to get a Wii U. Then I got a 3DS. Best decision. And I sometimes regret getting a 3DS, expensive games, I might even want to trade a PS2 for it.

But I can't really say much, I got a PS3 this year and I don't play it since february, also I'm not playing that much on Steam. 

I want a PS4, specially to play Crash Bandicoot, that thing is a console seller for me.

I got one at launch lol. The thing has some absolute GEMS 10/10 games on it, as most Nintendo products do. But Nintendo consoles now a days are basically secondary consoles for me. I think the handheld aspect of Switch is what will save this thing sales and quality wise. Even though it's a hybrid it's the best handheld ever technology wise.

You gotta get a PS4 man! I bet it's really expensive in your country right?

Edit: also I feel you about the fanboys. But you gotta remember every fanbase has its cancer. I was friends with a prominent PS4 youtuber and my friend and I were kicked out of the party for saying two negative things about sony(we are both Sony guys). Blocked and immediately blacklisted because my friend casually brought up he didn't enjoy the amazing Spider-Man, and I said I thought Sony was lazy not to include multiplayer in the uncharted collection.

Some of these guys love "their" companies more than the shareholders lol

Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I got one at launch lol. The thing has some absolute GEMS 10/10 games on it, as most Nintendo products do. But Nintendo consoles now a days are basically secondary consoles for me. I think the handheld aspect of Switch is what will save this thing sales and quality wise. Even though it's a hybrid it's the best handheld ever technology wise.

Nintendo has more appeal for first party games, not thirds. I said since Wii U launch that it wouldn't sell that much because it didn't has third party support, people laughed at me and said Nintendo could push a console without a third party support and look what it happened. I think Switch will be the same, a closed "club" of owners, it'll probably sell more because of it's features and the hybrid concept, but still.

I don't have money to have all 3 consoles like some people do (my wish), so I have to choose one of them, and the most interesting console that has the best exclusives IMO is the PS4. Multiplataform games I play on Steam, while the PS4 I'll use to play the exclusives.

And yeah it's really expensive here, and I'm not that rich, it costs something like $700.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Nintendo has more appeal for first party games, not thirds. I said since Wii U launch that it wouldn't sell that much because it didn't has third party support, people laughed at me and said Nintendo could push a console without a third party support and look what it happened. I think Switch will be the same, a closed "club" of owners, it'll probably sell more because of it's features and the hybrid concept, but still.

I don't have money to have all 3 consoles like some people do (my wish), so I have to choose one of them, and the most interesting console that has the best exclusives IMO is the PS4. Multiplataform games I play on Steam, while the PS4 I'll use to play the exclusives.

And yeah it's really expensive here, and I'm not that rich, it costs something like $700.

Good lord I understand why you don't have one. I can't imagine what it was on launch.

Personally I think Switch is going to fly off shelves because of that handheld aspect and Pokémon. I think for a lot of people that will save its underwhelming third party offering
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 am

Funny how they had to launch another console to try to grab market from PS/Xbox.  Laughing

But yeah, Nintendo is strong in handleds so with Pokemon + that feature Switch will probably sell a lot better than Wii U. But my hopes aren't that far. I predict maybe  50 million consoles. I don't know how it's selling, but I saw it's ahead of the PS4 in weekly sales, so...

Makes me so angry that Sony screw up their handled section with Vita. Ugh. They had a great start with PSP but now...They should just foccus on consoles.

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 am

Is it just me or is anyone else getting a bit annoyed with Bethesda and their refusal to work on an Elder Scrolls 6? I get that ESO is their ES game for now but a main ES game will probably draw in so much more cash than their attempt at an MMO. Plus mirco transactions basically ruin any possibility of me wanting to play it.

Between their never ending stream of ports and their refusal to move forward with any of their main IPs is starting to get frustrating. It's bad enough that Fallout 4 was mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Atari Is Getting Back Into the Console Business

I feel like this will last 6 months and then flop, hard. This probably would be a bigger deal if Sega came back and announced something like the Dreamcast 2.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 7:32 pm

i didn't pay much attention to E3 (i never do) but a friend showed me some videos of the games announced there. aside from Assassin's Creed Origins (since i'm a huge AC fan), the Spider-Man one looks best to me. admittedly, it also looks like it's just a clone of the Arkham games but that makes perfect sense considering that it's Spider-Man, probably one of the only other superheroes out there who could pull that off, and it looks well-executed. me being me, i'll still wait for reviews before deciding if i want to get it since i'm not a terribly big Spider-Man fan (he's great and i like just about everything i've seen of him, it's just not a high priority). the new Battlefront looks pretty good, too, but then again so did the previous one, so i'm cautiously optimistic--at least they aren't just bending over for Original Trilogy purists this time and actually have some content from outside Ep4-6

separately from E3, Ark: Survival Evolved has gotten an official release date for the full game--it's coming out August 8th

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 7:09 pm

I just happy that Crash Bandicoot is finally getting a comeback. Hopefully, Spyro also gets one as well. I'd really like to see him get semi-rebooted, with him being a teenager and have a limited ability to fly for short distances.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 pm

SNES Classic Edition Confirmed, Includes The Never-Released Star Fox 2
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-classic-edition-confirmed-includes-the-never-/1100-6451185/

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Well guess I'm camping out on the 28th. I want this far more than the NES Classic and I stood in line 8 hours for one of those.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
SNES Classic Edition Confirmed, Includes The Never-Released Star Fox 2
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-classic-edition-confirmed-includes-the-never-/1100-6451185/

Why wasn't it ever released?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 pm

It was cancelled right before the n64 came out.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 7:13 pm

the game library that'll go along with it seems a little lacking, but i guess part of it is that they couldn't get back the rights to some of them (i'm disappointed that none of Quintet's "Soul" series--ActRaiser and its sequel, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma--are being included). at least they've got the best Final Fantasy game in it Very Happy though that makes me wonder if they'll use the original translation with all its woolseyisms or the correct but less-inspired re-release translation when it was properly called Final Fantasy VI? ("Son of a submariner!" as opposed to "Son of a sand worm!", for example, and calling Terra's special ability "Morph" as opposed to "Trance" since the latter just doesn't make sense since it's clearly a transformation and not her hallucinating or something)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Here's the trailer for the animated Netflix Castlevania TV show.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 04, 2017 6:10 pm

A little over 30 years ago, Metal Gear was released to the video game world and everything changed.

I still maintain that Metal Gear Solid is the greatest video game of all time.

Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 7:40 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's the trailer for the animated Netflix Castlevania TV show.

First few episodes come out this friday. Hopefully it will be good.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 7:16 pm

yup, it's good. not for kids, though--it's pretty gory and there's quite a bit of foul language

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 11:57 pm

Going to drop this here: https://mega-maker.com/

This is Mega Maker, a fan made Mega Man level maker, which works very similar to Mario Maker. It is a fan game, so there's always the possibility it'll get taken down, but for now, it is really great. Assets from Mega Man 1-6, several (not all yet) Robot Masters, new weapons based on Smash Bros. and other games, and some great freedom already built in. Plus, the developers have opened a Patreon, and the donations go to sever support, which allows you to fully upload your levels to an online server, so others can play them, and you can play others levels as well.

I'm having a blast with this. I haven't made any complex levels, but I did do a MM6 version of the first stage of Mega Man X, and a MM4 remake of the second level of Super Mario World.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 1:28 pm

Anyone try out the Destiny 2 beta yet?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 pm

A very rare copy of Super Mario Bros. sold for slightly over $30,000 on Ebay.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 8:00 pm

LawBreakers beta was this weekend, played it AND enjoyed it, felt similar to Overwatch in some ways.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Gamestop will be open on Thanksgiving this year.

You know...If we're not going to make a law that says that all major stores are to be closed on Thanksgiving, then we might as well get rid of the holiday all together. Is NOTHING sacred anymore?!

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 10:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

You know...If we're not going to make a law that says that all major stores are to be closed on Thanksgiving, then we might as well get rid of the holiday all together. Is NOTHING sacred anymore?!

Honestly I think there is one Pro that we don't have a law that prevents this from happening, and I'll tell you why.

It exposes how terrible and scummy GameStop and other similar corporations really are. If I'm not mistaken their business is on a decline. This subject is trending on Twitter and people seemed pretty pissed off.

Horrible PR for a horrible company. No empire lasts forever Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Honestly I think there is one Pro that we don't have a law that prevents this from happening, and I'll tell you why.

It exposes how terrible and scummy GameStop and other similar corporations really are. If I'm not mistaken their business is on a decline. This subject is trending on Twitter and people seemed pretty pissed off.

If it was one of the few companies that did this, it would be one thing. But with so much major retail stores doing this, Gamestop doing following the lead is only making it worse.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 9:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

If it was one of the few companies that did this, it would be one thing. But with so much major retail stores doing this, Gamestop doing following the lead is only making it worse.

True. I really can't imagine being that successful in life that you want even more money from one extra day. Pretty messed up.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Video games can be used as a treatment for mental illnesses.

Awesome. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 pm

Sonic Mania is in 2 days, boys. Get hyped.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Nintendo Reveals That Mario Is No Longer A Plumber

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next