Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Well I guess now it is safe to say Colin will be writing JW3's script too? Neutral

Honestly I dont know if we can make that assumption.

Agreed. Remember, J.A. Bayona ordered reshoots for JW:FK so it's safe to say he had differences with the script that Trevorrow helped write. Between that, him getting removed from SW9, the bad reception from The Book Of Henry, and how many fans have gotten a bit cynical of JW, it's possible that he might not come back or at the very least, get demoted as somebody else becomes the main writer.

So you think it's "possible" (key word lol) that Book of Henry may have done huge damage to his career and could end it?

Like I'm wondering what his future is. How Universal views himself etc.

Obviously we can debate this more in another thread but I wanted to know your opinion.

Career ending, no. But it has set it back/exposed it. Not his fault since Hollywood has been rushing new directors for some time now.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Colin made one bad film and everyone went apeshit. Irvin Kershner made plenty of flops, but no-one ever mentions him. Colin deserves better.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 9:44 pm

I find it amazing that Disney has this much problems with Star Wars. I know that I said this before, but at least George Lucas actually had a plan in place when he made the prequels. Yes, it was VERY flawed, but at least it was a plan. I expect this from WB via the DCMU, but not Disney with Star Wars.

I guess George Lucas may have actually got the last laugh after all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I find it amazing that Disney has this much problems with Star Wars. I know that I said this before, but at least George Lucas actually had a plan in place when he made the prequels. Yes, it was VERY flawed, but at least it was a plan. I expect this from WB via the DCMU, but not Disney with Star Wars.

It's just so inconceivable to me that Disney just expects a great plot or plan to fall from the sky. Money will happen no matter what. But this is freaking SW. It's not some new and untested IP.

In their defense I'm sure Carrie fisher's tragic death didn't help one bit.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

And this is why I am so vehemently against the idea of Disney acquiring the Middle-earth Franchise from WB/New Line Cinema, because their methods of planning, production promotion of the Star Wars films have been far more disorganized than anything on The Hobbit movies. Plus there's the fact that I think they would in all likelihood ignore the books and do their own thing with previously established characters like what we're seeing with the Han Solo spinoff, which would piss-off a huge section of the fans to no end.

The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 4:28 pm

That's why I've been against Disney acquiring the JP franchise. Not that JP stuck to the books, but I feel they would probably stray even further and certainly would probably stray from the darker themes of the franchise. I honestly want the rights to stay with Universal. Franchises have been handled much worse by other companies.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 6:15 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
That's why I've been against Disney acquiring the JP franchise. Not that JP stuck to the books, but I feel they would probably stray even further and certainly would probably stray from the darker themes of the franchise. I honestly want the rights to stay with Universal. Franchises have been handled much worse by other companies.

I agree that Disney is not the best company to handle the JP franchise. But Universal hasn't really truly cared about the franchise since TLW. JP3 was made for the sake of a JP trilogy and JW was mainly made just to get the monkey (all those production delays) off their back. Not only that, but between Spielberg shutting down that one cartoon in the 90's, them not trying to expand upon the franchise via a cartoon show sometime in the late-2000's or after JW, and how they are reluctant to ensure that the first two sequels are canon, I trust Universal less. A few days ago, I posted that with Star Wars, the main problem was the Disney learned the wrong lessons for the fan outrage of the prequels. That instead of fans being mad that the writing sucked and how some of the new things were not implemented properly, Disney thought that fans wanted more of the same.

JP suffers the same problems, but on a worse scale. At least Disney ensured that the prequels are still canon. With Universal via the Sorna movies, it's iffy right now. Even if JW:FK ensures that those two movies are hard canon, it's doubtful we'll ever see it again. With JP, it's only now that Universal realizes what they have, but barring a cartoon show that links the OT with this new one, I doubt that they will fully capitalize as much as the franchise should have been. Even more so how the Crichton estate gets the rights back after the 6th JP movie/3rd JW movie, which really isn't all that long to wait.

At this point, I'm hoping that either WB or Fox gets the rights and NOT Universal. Heck, if I was the head of Fox, I'd sell off the rights to Fantastic 4 and keep the money to help buy the rights.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Well I guess now it is safe to say Colin will be writing JW3's script too? Neutral

Agreed. Remember, J.A. Bayona ordered reshoots for JW:FK so it's safe to say he had differences with the script that Trevorrow helped write. Between that, him getting removed from SW9, the bad reception from The Book Of Henry, and how many fans have gotten a bit cynical of JW, it's possible that he might not come back or at the very least, get demoted as somebody else becomes the main writer.

Bayona ordered some rewrites, not reshoots! Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 7:50 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Bayona ordered some rewrites, not reshoots! Wink Razz

You're right. My bad. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 9:18 pm

I know this is double posting...but I just HAVE to.

There is actually a petition to bring back George Lucas to direct Star Wars: Episode 9. I'm not kidding.

At this point, as long as you keep him away from the writing, Disney might as well consider it.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 11:15 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

There is actually a petition to bring back George Lucas to direct Star Wars: Episode 9. I'm not kidding.

At this point, as long as you keep him away from the writing, Disney might as well consider it.

Do it!!

also Rian tells who the last Jedi is. Not that it's shocking.

Spoiler:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/06/star-wars-rian-johnson-reveals-who-the-last-jedi-is
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2017 11:38 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Do it!!

Spoiler:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/06/star-wars-rian-johnson-reveals-who-the-last-jedi-is

If Donald Trump can be our president, then I don't see why George Lucas can come back as director. Say what you want about him, but at least he had a plan and a story arc. Even he himself said that he wanted to direct the final Star Wars movie.

#BringBackGeorgeLucas

#MakeStarWarsGreatAgain

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:26 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Do it!!

Spoiler:

If Donald Trump can be our president, then I don't see why George Lucas can come back as director. Say what you want about him, but at least he had a plan and a story arc. Even he himself said that he wanted to direct the final Star Wars movie.

#BringBackGeorgeLucas

#MakeStarWarsGreatAgain

lol!

He's going to direct me the movie! And the Sith are going to pay for it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 10:36 am

If people hate the idea of Trevorrow directing episode 9 but want Lucas to do it instead, then those people are really contradicting themselves.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
If people hate the idea of Trevorrow directing episode 9 but want Lucas to do it instead, then those people are really contradicting themselves.

Its delusional kool-aid at its most asinine, replace one middle-of-the-road director with one who clearly hasn't got it in him anymore. I'd accept George back on as a consultant, ideas person and maybe producer, but not script writer or director. If Trevorrow is such a bad director why wasn't JW more harshly reviewed by way more people? I guarantee that we as fans have the good sense to be honest with ourselves if that were the case.

And, as it happens, when Trevorrow got the job this petition made its first appearance around the same time The Force Awakens was released. Disney is smart enough to ignore it as they did before.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:30 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Its delusional kool-aid at its most asinine, replace one middle-of-the-road director with one who clearly hasn't got it in him anymore. I'd accept George back on as a consultant, ideas person and maybe producer, but not script writer or director. If Trevorrow is such a bad director why wasn't JW more harshly reviewed by way more people? I guarantee that we as fans have the good sense to be honest with ourselves if that were the case.

And, as it happens, when Trevorrow got the job this petition made its first appearance around the same time The Force Awakens was released. Disney is smart enough to ignore it as they did before.

Part of me wonders if Lucas detached himself from Star Wars with a 'be careful what you wish for' mindset. If that's true, then he must be laughing at all this. I agree that Lucas would be better off as a producer, ideas person, or EP then as a writer or director.

As for why JW wasn't more harshly reviewed, I think a lot of it was because of how critics were starting to get sick of superhero movies a bit and were desperate for something different.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Part of me wonders if Lucas detached himself from Star Wars with a 'be careful what you wish for' mindset. If that's true, then he must be laughing at all this. I agree that Lucas would be better off as a producer, ideas person, or EP then as a writer or director.

As for why JW wasn't more harshly reviewed, I think a lot of it was because of how critics were starting to get sick of superhero movies a bit and were desperate for something different.

Or the film just isn't as bad as some people try to make it out to be.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

While I am personally of that mindset as well, the level of backlash and cynicism that's grown on it over the years (to the point where its lumped in with The Book of Henry as some kind of cinematic dud) has become stifling. Its not difficult to point out its flaws, but in all my attempts to bring up its strong points its usually met with a chorus of derision.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 5:33 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

While I am personally of that mindset as well, the level of backlash and cynicism that's grown on it over the years (to the point where its lumped in with The Book of Henry as some kind of cinematic dud) has become stifling. Its not difficult to point out its flaws, but in all my attempts to bring up its strong points its usually met with a chorus of derision.

Maybe it's because how many people think that Jurassic Park was a product of its time and that superhero movies are the new hot thing right now and don't think dinosaur movies are good, they think that Jurassic Park is just a kids movie...never mind the fact that the same could be said for most of the MCU movies, or maybe it's all of the above 3 choices.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 5:56 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Totally, I've noticed how JW has been used alongside TBOH to rip into Trevorrow as if it's as bad.
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:06 pm

I'm relieved that Trevorrow is out. I feel kind of bad for him because I'm not going to sit and assume he's a terrible director when he's so early in his career, so I hope this isn't the last we see of him in big budget films. But I felt immediately that he wasn't the right fit for the conclusion of a damn Star Wars trilogy. It was as if they were intentionally going to make the third one flawed in the same ways Return of the Jedi was.

They really ought to get someone really special for the last one. Someone who'd be great to direct an epic end. I would have said Peter Jackson had there been more time but we all know the result of Jackson when he has time restraints (the Hobbit Trilogy, which he essentially did on the seat of his pants and bless him he tried the best he could), and I'm assuming that since The Last Jedi is on it's way there may not be enough time.

Honestly, I'd love Spielberg to do it. I know he said he'd never do a Star Wars film but I love the idea of a legendary director who's close to the franchise, close friends with Lucas, coming in and doing the final piece in the trilogy. Wouldn't that be cool? It wouldn't happen though, but a man can dream.

Most likely Rain Johnson will go ahead and direct. They'll see how the audience likes The Last Jedi and if he did a good job they'll hire him again. We've got endless Star Wars movies on the horizon so there's plenty of time to see what other directors do in the universe.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Did Trevorrow even have anything resembling a script, or at least ideas planned out, before he got fired?

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Did Trevorrow even have anything resembling a script, or at least ideas planned out, before he got fired?

It sounded like he did. He was teasing about how Rey's heritage will be satisfying etc.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:57 pm

I don't see why people expect such special treatment for Star Wars all the time. Marvel get by with Directors nobody has heard of all the time. Example being the new Spider-Man film by Jon Watts. The only other film that he did before that was Cop Car which was mixed reactions from critics and audience. I saw that film myself and thought it was actually really good btw!
Then there's Ant-Man who's director was mainly known for smaller comedy films. James Gunn did a lot of writing work, but it was only recently where people actually began to recognise his name.
But like it or not, Trevorrow has arguably only one bad film in TBOH. Jurassic World was technically critically acclaimed with mostly positive reviews and audience scores. Safety Not Guaranteed is his most acclaimed film so far. so that's 2 out of the three that are above average. He gets way too much hate for only having made 3 films, it's crazy. Look at Irvin Kershner's track record. he made Robocop 2, a critically panned sequel, yet made arguably the best Star Wars film to date. Gareth Edwards only made a couple of films before Rogue One and that turned out pretty decent. Godzilla, his previous film seems to be viewed similarly to Jurassic World, technically critically acclaimed, but only just.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really annoyed with how Trevorrow was treated by some fans.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It sounded like he did. He was teasing about how Rey's heritage will be satisfying etc.

Hearing that makes this news ever thought to know about. Yet, I also wonder if he, and in fairness, Disney too, rushed it too fast. I would like to know what he exactly planned out and how long it takes before all that gets leaked online via Reddit or 4Chan.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I don't see why people expect such special treatment for Star Wars all the time. Marvel get by with Directors nobody has heard of all the time. Example being the new Spider-Man film by Jon Watts. The only other film that he did before that was Cop Car which was mixed reactions from critics and audience. I saw that film myself and thought it was actually really good btw!
Then there's Ant-Man who's director was mainly known for smaller comedy films. James Gunn did a lot of writing work, but it was only recently where people actually began to recognise his name.
But like it or not, Trevorrow has arguably only one bad film in TBOH. Jurassic World was technically critically acclaimed with mostly positive reviews and audience scores. Safety Not Guaranteed is his most acclaimed film so far. so that's 2 out of the three that are above average. He gets way too much hate for only having made 3 films, it's crazy. Look at Irvin Kershner's track record. he made Robocop 2, a critically panned sequel, yet made arguably the best Star Wars film to date. Gareth Edwards only made a couple of films before Rogue One and that turned out pretty decent. Godzilla, his previous film seems to be viewed similarly to Jurassic World, technically critically acclaimed, but only just.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really annoyed with how Trevorrow was treated by some fans.

My guess is that the anti-Trevorrow mindset is a proxy of something else: How people don't want to see movies by directors that haven't quite reached full maturity. And since Josh Trank's career is destroyed and how Gareth Edwards is doing good still, Trevorrow has unfairly become the poster boy.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Hearing that makes this news ever thought to know about. Yet, I also wonder if he, and in fairness, Disney too, rushed it too fast. I would like to know what he exactly planned out and how long it takes before all that gets leaked online via Reddit or 4Chan.

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

My guess is that the anti-Trevorrow mindset is a proxy of something else: How people don't want to see movies by directors that haven't quite reached full maturity. And since Josh Trank's career is destroyed and how Gareth Edwards is doing good still, Trevorrow has unfairly become the poster boy.

Yeah true
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Nah, I was absolutely fine with Rian Johnson because from what I'd seen of him, which so far is only Brick, Looper, and some Breaking Bad episodes, I could see that the guy had a lot of talent. Those movies weren't just good, they were absolutely stellar. Trevorrow? He made a decent comedy movie, and and then a very uneven, ugly looking, way too tonally bad Jurassic Park movie that while I don't absolutely hate is not very good in my opinion. Even for many who liked the film, they recognize it's pretty flawed. Then Book of Henry came out, and the reviews aren't good. It is not about maturity, it's about seeing what that person has made and whether or not they like what they've made.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Nah, I was absolutely fine with Rian Johnson because from what I'd seen of him, which so far is only Brick, Looper, and some Breaking Bad episodes, I could see that the guy had a lot of talent. Those movies weren't just good, they were absolutely stellar. Trevorrow? He made a decent comedy movie, and  and then a very uneven, ugly looking, way too tonally bad Jurassic Park movie that while I don't absolutely hate is not very good in my opinion. Even for many who liked the film, they recognize it's pretty flawed. Then Book of Henry came out, and the reviews aren't good. It is not about maturity, it's about seeing what that person has made and whether or not they like what they've made.

But don't you think that if Trevorrow had more time and experience before JW, then things would have been different in at least some ways? You can't always throw people in the fray and expect them to produce wonders.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Nah, I was absolutely fine with Rian Johnson because from what I'd seen of him, which so far is only Brick, Looper, and some Breaking Bad episodes, I could see that the guy had a lot of talent. Those movies weren't just good, they were absolutely stellar. Trevorrow? He made a decent comedy movie, and  and then a very uneven, ugly looking, way too tonally bad Jurassic Park movie that while I don't absolutely hate is not very good in my opinion. Even for many who liked the film, they recognize it's pretty flawed. Then Book of Henry came out, and the reviews aren't good. It is not about maturity, it's about seeing what that person has made and whether or not they like what they've made.

I personally wouldn't overhype Looper like that. It wasn't that great. Also, as I listed above, plenty of inexperienced directors have made great films. But I'd find it hysterical if Rian Johnson makes a massive dud after all the confidence people seem to put in him. From what I've heard from rumours and photos, The Last Jedi (To me at least) looks and sounds as bad as The Force Awakens. Perhaps more original, but bad.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I think people expect such acclaimed directors because Star Wars had a legacy after the original trilogy. Yes they were enormously and astoundingly popular at their time, but they have only gotten more enormously popular after all these years.

The OT was released in what? A 6-7 year time period for three films?  Think about how much more popular they are now.

They were taking it one movie at a time back then. Now they have the biggest franchise ever. People are also quite nervous about things because the prequels IMO.

I think it's understandable for fans to now have the mindset of "who's literally the best director out there to do SW?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 16 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next