Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
+28
Robotpo
Sobek
Tyrant Lizard
Dv-218
JettRyu
jericho
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
DeiXnonychus
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
Tarbtano
Darth Spidey
Katana
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
RolandEden
Levine
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Empty
PostSubject: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:02 pm

He's big! He's mean! He's a skyscraper eating machine! And now he has his own thread! GODZILLAAAAAA!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Go Go Godzilla!

Looking forward to see Resurrgence. am probably more excited than I was for G-2014.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Resurgence looks amazing! I'm really hoping it gets a release stateside.

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Uh, green? *snorts, pushes up glasses* I'll have you know that in no Toho representations of Gojira has the monster ever been depicted as green, only in the 1977-1979 Marvel comic book series...Razz
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Uh, green? *snorts, pushes up glasses* I'll have you know that in no Toho representations of Gojira has the monster ever been depicted as green, only in the 1977-1979 Marvel comic book series...Razz
*Ahem*

What about the Hanna Barbara cartoon series?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:38 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
*Ahem*

What about the Hanna Barbara cartoon series?

*snort* I was going to mention that, but I simply forgot due to my crushing intellect. Razz
Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Guys a new MonsterArts figure! Shin Gojira for november/december 2016!
Spoiler:

Embryo
Embryo
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 11:49 pm

I've always loved Godzilla, but jeez..Resurgence has me beyond hyped. Definitely the best looking Gojira out there.
Back to top Go down
Katana
Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 12:39 am

Im not thrilled about the design for ShinGoji, but I am excited for the film. I hate his Monsterarts figure though; it looks terrible and not worth ~$130 that it will be sold for.

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 10:00 pm

@Sinncrow: I think this is a protype, but yes looks a little glossy for me.

Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:54 pm

I've been a Godzilla fan since I watched films from the Showa era as a kid on Saturday nights when my mom rented them for me from Hollywood Video. Yeah, I'm totally pumped for the sequel to Godzilla 2014, which I actually think is an okay film, even though people love to complain about it now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:08 pm

Excited for Shin/Resurgence as a plot and story. But in regards to monster design so far, eeeeeh. I don't mind the body, not even the kinda weird "Cookie Monster on Crack" mouth and head. But the tiny arms and gigantic, floaty tail do leave me raising an eyebrow.

Katana
Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:25 pm

Tarbtano wrote:
Excited for Shin/Resurgence as a plot and story. But in regards to monster design so far, eeeeeh. I don't mind the body, not even the kinda weird "Cookie Monster on Crack" mouth and head. But the tiny arms and gigantic, floaty tail do leave me raising an eyebrow.

This. I get what they are going for but some of the proportions are too off for my liking. Plus that weird chest spike bone thing he has going on in the front just looks like he has a built in chip bowl rather than a sternum.

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:32 pm

RolandEden wrote:
Guys a new MonsterArts figure! Shin Gojira for november/december 2016!
Spoiler:

That's $130; wow, I am dying here. Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
This is actually wrong Godzilla 2000 was green. Though it's hard to see in the movie because it's mostly set at night and because of this all of his figures are depicted with the charcoal grey color.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Sinncrow wrote:
Tarbtano wrote:

This. I get what they are going for but some of the proportions are too off for my liking. Plus that weird chest spike bone thing he has going on in the front just looks like he has a built in chip bowl rather than a sternum.
He's not meant to look natural. He's meant to look like an abomination of radiation being more like a walking corpse then a dinosaur.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
This is actually wrong Godzilla 2000 was green. Though it's hard to see in the movie because it's mostly set at night and because of this all of his figures are depicted with the charcoal grey color.

That was meant to be sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 8:03 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:

He's not meant to look natural. He's meant to look like an abomination of radiation being more like a walking corpse then a dinosaur.

Yah I know he's not supposed to look natural. The problem I have is the design seemed to contradict part of the traits given emphasis. It seems like he's supposed to be huge, heavy, imposing, and monstrous; one of the whole points behind making this the largest incarnation yet. The problem is having that gigantic tail weightlessly floating around behind him like a flag kind destroys that idea of sheer mass. It looks like less like he's got this impossibly huge body part and more like we're in the early Showa age and someone has a string tied to the tail cranked up to high to the point it's just dangling.

I like my Godzilla to look threatening if we're going with a darker tone. This just seems too over the top and "packed", like the creators were trying to hard to make it scary and threw too many traits onto the body.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 8:14 pm

A giant tail'd make sense for a marine animal actually.

Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Tarbtano

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
A giant tail'd make sense for a marine animal actually.

It's not the big tail that causes me some pause. Legendary!Godzilla has an enormous tail that works great for me. The problem I have is it sticking up at a 90' angle and waving around like it's lighter than air.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 8:45 pm

In the trailer it moves really slowly

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Shin Godzilla will have a purple death ray. I'm not surprised since the 1990's Godzilla had it as a 'superweapon finisher' in Godzilla: Save The Earth, so it was a matter of time before it got in the movie. I actually like this idea.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 6:21 pm

He doesn't that was a fake rumor.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:04 pm

I've been trying to watch all the Godzilla films in their original Japanese version, which has been tough. I like Godzilla but a majority of the movies are just boring and poorly made, and I have to look forward to the cheeseball stuff to be entertained. It's been a far better experience though once I hit 80s Godzilla. The last one I watched was the 1993 Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla, the next one on my list is Godzilla Vs. Spacegodzilla.

So far my favorite of the Godzilla films (excluding the original and the 2014 film) is Godzilla Vs. Hedorah and Godzilla Returns. I have to say though, I was impressed by certain elements in the 93 Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Idunno guys, it looks purple to me:
Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread AogdkRX

Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:09 pm

Sci-Fi Japan has betrayed me.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Idunno guys, it looks purple to me:
Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread AogdkRX

It looks very...intimidating. Razz
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Purple has never looked so badass. Razz

evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 7:44 pm

I'm kind of bugged by how it seems to walk really slow but it's tail whips frequently. It comes off as really fake looking, and that's saying something for a Godzilla movie. I do really like the face and the direction they seem to be going, I'm not convinced on the execution yet.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Apparently Shin Gojira's atomic breath was going to be blue, but was changed to purple in honor of the death of Prince (who producer Anno was a huge fan of). Maybe its true, maybe it's wrong, just something I read on Toku Legion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next