Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
+26
Tyrant Lizard
Dv-218
JettRyu
jericho
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
DeiXnonychus
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
Tarbtano
Darth Spidey
Katana
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
RolandEden
Levine
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Yoshimitsu Banno, the director of 'Godzilla vs. Hedorah' and the Executive Producer of Godzilla 2014, has died at the age of 86.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Happy birthday to Legendary Goji!
Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Goji10

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 6:13 pm

Charles Dance from Game Of Thrones will be in Godzilla: King Of The Monsters and Sally Hawkins is also coming back.

I'm impressed by the cast this Godzilla movie is having. They really have seemed to learn from the flaws of the first one.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Im happy that they are bringing both Watanabe and Hawkins character back. It would be great too if they could cast actors as older versions of the Skull Island cast too.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Alien franchise creature artist Tom Woodruff Jr. is going to design the monsters for Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

This is great. News about this movie is getting better and better. I'm actually more excited for this then I am with JP5/JW2. I'm going to give Warner Bros. and Legendary a lot of credit for learning from their mistakes. I like the 2014 Godzilla movie, but I admit it should have been better. Now, with from what we know, this Monsterverse is shaping up to be a wonderful one.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:25 pm

Adam Wingard is director for Godzilla v Kong

Has anyone here actually seen this guy's work? He's done a number of low budget horror films, and one franchise film in 2016's Blair Witch, which wasn't well received. I wonder if anyone here has seen it and felt strongly about it. So I'm starting to wonder what kind of pitch he made to Warner Bros and Legendary that convinced them that he was the right guy.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:45 pm

He also did a bunch of other low-budget horror movies. That being said, Garath Edwards kind of started out the same way too. I'm actually looking forward to Godzilla: King Of The Monsters then this, but I am optimistic.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 9:41 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Has anyone here actually seen this guy's work? He's done a number of low budget horror films, and one franchise film in 2016's Blair Witch, which wasn't well received. I wonder if anyone here has seen it and felt strongly about it. So I'm starting to wonder what kind of pitch he made to Warner Bros and Legendary that convinced them that he was the right guy.

Diclaimer: the words below are my opinion and nothing more.

I'm pretty upset by this news. I thought Blair witch was AWFUL. The original is one of my all time favorites. You're next was a fun solid movie, but not what i would consider to be amazing. His work in V/H/S did not stand out to me. I heard the guest was also a fun movie. But that's what? Two low budget movies that were received pretty good? While the other two awful? Hit and miss. What has he done to convince them that he's the right man besides he probably comes cheap?

I'm also rather worried about the king of monsters director. But i'm on a whole other level of disappointment about Adam Wingard, enough to the point of my excitement being severely diminished. Interesting how they are both best well known for their horror comedy eh?

I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

Godzilla 2014 could have been a lot better of a film under a diff director(i think Gareth is weak in characters) and of course that was his second movie, but unless Adam really surprises me i think you guys are going to be missing Gareth lol.

As a side note i thought the Kong skull island director did a terrible job. Not sold on him at all and glad he is not back. But again IMO this is what can happen when you hand a property to someone who is unproven.
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 9:55 pm

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/city-shrouded-shadow-now-ps4-launches-fall-japan#C6S7sD4Dzr4PJJeW.99

Godzilla is officially crossing over with Ultraman, Evagalion, and Gamera for the first time!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.

Yep. Not denying it can't work and of course I'm rooting for them(I don't want movies to disappoint me). But why Adam Wingard in particular? 

Couldn't they pick someone similar to Matt Reeves that has done a monster film?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Yep. Not denying it can't work and of course I'm rooting for them(I don't want movies to disappoint me). But why Adam Wingard in particular? 

WB already got Matt Reeves signed on to make the Batman movie.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 11:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

WB already got Matt Reeves signed on to make the Batman movie.
And that's what's sad. He proved already he can make a great monster flick
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Adds Bradley Whitford
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/854825-godzilla-bradley-whitford#SbDfoHxBpo32fqcp.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:22 pm

Zhang Ziyi has joined Godzilla: King Of The Monsters and Legendary's/WB's Monsterverse as a key figure in Monarch.

Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:31 pm

So.... did anyone else see the Big G's new look for this year's movie?

http://www.cbr.com/godzilla-monster-planet-anime-poster/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Godzilla Sequel Begins Production, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah Confirmed!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/860123-godzilla-sequel-begins-production-rodan-mothra-and-ghidorah-confirmed#wq2oWfojZirC11M5.99

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Godzilla Sequel Begins Production, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah Confirmed!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/860123-godzilla-sequel-begins-production-rodan-mothra-and-ghidorah-confirmed#wq2oWfojZirC11M5.99

Well, we all kind of knew this when Godzilla 2 was first announced at comic con. Wonder when the first official images of the updated versions of the monsters will be.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Am I the only one salty we have to wait until 2019? Seems so far away....
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:04 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Am I the only one salty we have to wait until 2019? Seems so far away....
Nope, you're not! tongue bounce

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:57 am

So it seems like the title has a possibility of being changed.

http://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-2-starts-filming/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 1:02 pm

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 11:33 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I've seen a bit of his work and I'm not a fan. The only thing I've seen that I liked was the pilot episode of Outcast which he directed. He's got a bit of a following and people seem to like him, but I don't get it. Blaire Witch in particular was a travesty, and one of my least favorite movies in a long time. I know he's doing the Death Note movie so obviously he's inspired by Japanese stuff, and hopefully that means the product for Godzilla Vs. Kong won't feel as lazy and uninspired as Blaire Witch.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Behind the Scenes Footage Shows Unused ‘Shin Godzilla’ Puppet
http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/3445909/behind-scenes-footage-shows-unused-shin-godzilla-puppet/

Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 7:19 pm

So I was looking at the Monarch Timeline on the Kong Skull Island Facebook page and it looks like they're hinting at Hedorah being in the Monsterverse in the time line entry "The Great Smog of London
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:58 pm

‘Shin Godzilla’ Sequel Cannot Be Made Until After 2020
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3447724/shin-godzilla-sequel-cannot-made-2020/

Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 pm

That's rather unfortunate
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 pm

It's actually for the best. I don't want the market to be too over-saturated like you could argue it was back in the 1990's.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 9:01 pm

So far I'm not seeing great reactions to death note. A bit premature of me, but since he is our director for GVK it makes me worried. 

IMO this guy has made only one good movie that was a bit overrated. I don't understand what they see in him for godzilla vs Kong.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 11:37 am

He have our first look/clue of what Mothra will look like in Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next