Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

Go down 
+26
Tyrant Lizard
Dv-218
JettRyu
jericho
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
DeiXnonychus
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
Tarbtano
Darth Spidey
Katana
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
RolandEden
Levine
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:09 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
I'm kind of bugged by how it seems to walk really slow but it's tail whips frequently. It comes off as really fake looking, and that's saying something for a Godzilla movie. I do really like the face and the direction they seem to be going, I'm not convinced on the execution yet.
Godzilla's always moved slowly.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
evolution_rex wrote:
I'm kind of bugged by how it seems to walk really slow but it's tail whips frequently. It comes off as really fake looking, and that's saying something for a Godzilla movie. I do really like the face and the direction they seem to be going, I'm not convinced on the execution yet.
Godzilla's always moved slowly.

What are you talking about?

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Godzilla-drop-kick-o
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:22 pm

The only time I can even remember Godzilla running outside of 98 is Final Wars.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:47 pm

It never walked as slow as it appears to walk in the trailers, and the tail definitely didn't whip as much. I don't mind a slow Godzilla but the stationary body and the flicking tail is what looks fake.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:02 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Idunno guys, it looks purple to me:
Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 AogdkRX

He looks like Oscar the Grouch with his fur/hair burned off.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Daytime-emmy-awards-show-3-390x285
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Watched Godzilla Vs. Destoroyah last night, it's now my favorite Godzilla sequel. I'm not journeying through the millennium era Godzilla, how does that compare to Heisei era?

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Just How Tall IS the King of Monsters in ‘Godzilla: Resurgence’?

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Godzillasizescale

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Shin Godzilla may be taller, but the WB/Legendary Godzilla is larger overall.

Metal Gear artist Yoji Shinkawa make Metal Gear Godzilla.

It's basically a hybrid of Mechagodzilla and Metal Gear Rex. And I love it. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Metal_10
Back to top Go down
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 4:24 am

I really dislike the design of ShinGojira, it just looks wrong everywhere( by Gojira standards, let alone normal)like the chest with the massive gap between it and the neck, and the tail, ugh, and do not get me started on the head, and disproportionate limbs. It is just bloody shite.
Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 12:07 pm

The other day reading TK forums I saw an interesting topic about Godzilla sequel (Legendary era). Do you think Godzilla will be more powerfull in the sequel? And Godzilla will change? Remember Godzilla killed the Mutos and the bomb exploded in the ocean. Mutos probably left a lot of radiation and the seas was contaminated by the bomb. Godzilla absorbed radiation form the dead Mutos and the sea radiation? Also do you think Godzilla will grown and change due the radiation?

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 1:49 pm

There’s Going to Be a ‘Godzilla’ Anime

Quote :

Godzilla: Resurgence launched last month in Japan and it seems that Toho is not happy with it being the 29th film in the franchise. Nope, they want a nice round “30” when it comes to the giant lizard, which is why in 2017 we’re going to see a Godzilla anime.

Earlier today, an official Japanese website launched that offers basically nothing in terms of information or visuals, aside from seeing a spaceship and three people in spacesuits overlooking a gorgeous vista. Aside from that, nada.

The movie will be made by both Toho and Polygon Pictures, the latter of whom specializes in 3D CGI films, much like what Resident Evil: Degeneration looks like. They worked on projects such as Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Lollipop Chainsaw, “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”, “Knights of Sidonia”, and more.

Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 3:49 pm

I hope this will a classic animated japanese film, but I dont know why the actual japanese animated films looks worse? I dont mean Spirited Away or anothers, but look actual Doraemon or other films and looks awfull. I hope this one will be great to see.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm just surprised that it took so long that a Godzilla anime finally happened. One would have thought it would have happened 20 something years ago and the it would have been shown on Toonami when it was still very popular, yet it never happened.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 6:03 pm

Wow a Godzilla anime 20 years ago...damn in the Heisei era

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Here's Chris Stuckmann's review of Godzilla: Resurgence.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 5:49 pm

Godzilla 2 has new writers, Michael Dougherty and Zach Shields.
Back to top Go down
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo
DeiXnonychus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:45 pm

Has anyone here watched Shin Godzilla? I thought it was really good, a bit better than the 2014 one imo.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:47 pm

DeiXnonychus wrote:
Has anyone here watched Shin Godzilla? I thought it was really good, a bit better than the 2014 one imo.
Yes. I feel the exact same way dude. Although a proper dub would've been nice.

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 6:21 pm

I haven't seen Krampus yet; I was expecting it to be really awful but when I saw there was a more positive response to the film than I thought, I became curious.

Compared to how both Gareth Edwards and Colin Trevorrow started out with independent films with budgets below $1 million and were at the time pretty inexperienced as directors, Dougherty might have more of an edge to direct Godzilla 2; he's been in the screenwriting business for more than 13 years and his second film was a mid-budgeted movie like Krampus. Any extra directing experience before jumping into a massive studio tentpole is always more valuable than none at all.

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo
DeiXnonychus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 6:46 pm

As long as I get my Pacific Rim amount of Giant Monster fighting then I'm all for a new director. My main problem with Godzilla 2014 was that the amount of teasing was too much. I would have been okay with a minute long fight the first time Godzilla sees the Muto then cut to another scene. Also Bryan Cranston, not enough of him, ugh. Sad

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
DeiXnonychus wrote:
Yes. I feel the exact same way dude. Although a proper dub would've been nice.

I think dubbing it would be extremely difficult due to the amount of quick dialogue. I was fine with subs.
Back to top Go down
RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 2:46 pm

I watched in Japan release and I have to say its one of my favourite japanese films of Godzilla along with 54, 84 and Destroyah. I hope Shin Godzilla will have a sequel, it deserved it with that ending! Also I hope Legendary learn for the sequel and gave Godzilla more screentime and been the real danger and villain

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 3:44 pm

The title of the second Godzilla movie will be named, Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 4:03 pm

Godzilla: King of the Monsters sounds like an excellent title! A shame Pacific Rim: Maelstrom got changed to the incredibly generic 'Uprising'; I can't imagine how that would encourage casual audiences to take interest.

Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2016 9:41 pm

I'm pumped, I was getting tired of referring to it as Godzilla 2019.

RolandEden
Hatchling
Hatchling
RolandEden

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2016 3:48 pm

I love the new title. It evoques Godzilla as a King but maybe the title could mean a lot of things.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Not sure if this totally fits, but I'm putting it here anyway since it is Godzilla related.

Legendary CEO Thomas Tull, who personally pushed for Godzilla, has stepped down, but he will be a producer of the Monsterverse.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 7:54 am

Look's like Anna Hathaway's Godzilla ripoff, Colossal, will be shown after all.

I wonder what happened to the lawsuit that Toho filed.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 2:55 pm

Michael Dougherty is going to direct the new Godzilla movie as well as being a writer.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 4:15 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Michael Dougherty is going to direct the new Godzilla movie as well as being a writer.

It's not unusual for horror movie directors to transition into larger productions, Sam Raimi and Peter Jackson are the most noteworthy examples. I liked Godzilla 2014, but I still root for Dougherty to introduce more vitality into Legendary's Monster franchise.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:07 am

Agreed. I too like Godzilla 2014, but I'm not going to overlook it's main flaw: I.E. That it needed 20 minutes more Godzilla-preferably with a battle with the male MUTO in Hawaii-and 20 minutes less human time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next