Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread

Go down 
+50
TheDreamMaster
IllOrfanato
Pachyrhinosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
Gondrasia
CommanderKeller
DinoMike
JPMalcolmDilo
fallenkingdomLee
Baryonyx111
evolution_rex
Megaspino2
Viperman
HoldOntoYourButts
bammc
iuJacob
Meroune
TyrannoFan
Amadieus
Crimsonraptor
Dead2009
Bbrink1996
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
sdp
CT-1138
mosasaurus
Cbaitson
tigris115
Levine
BarrytheOnyx
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
baryonyx7
1morey
Rhedosaurus
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
Six-Foot Turkey
Dr. Wu
owenpratt
TRK/TrexKing
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Spiegel
Megatron
Spinosaur4.4
BoulderFaceplant
Herrerasaurus
Pokesaurus
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

How excited has the first trailer footage made you?
Extremely hyped!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_lcap62%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 36 ]
Very excited!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_lcap17%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 10 ]
Looks good!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_lcap9%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
Looks okay.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Unimpressed.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Less excited than I was before.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_lcap5%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 58

Back

AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Brad Mull and I are doing a trailer breakdown tomorrow night. I'll post that, which will have my complete thoughts, feelings, and speculations when it goes live.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:09 am

CT-1138 wrote:
Brad Mull and I are doing a trailer breakdown tomorrow night. I'll post that, which will have my complete thoughts, feelings, and speculations when it goes live.

Can’t wait to see it man.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:37 am

The more I've watched this trailer, the more I've realized one thing. Carnotaurus looks badass and I'm so happy its in this movie. It's one of the best designed dinosaurs we've gotten in years.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:54 am

So I just realized a thing.

There are moments of the dinosaurs stampede that don't feature fire coming from the sky.
My guess is... the first horde of herbivores (and little Compys) is running away from the Carnotaurus. Owen, Claire and Franklin runs until they find the gyrosphere. Claire and Franklin get into it. The Carnotaurus arrives. She attacks Owen but Rexy attacks the Carnotaurus. While she roars, you can see the volcano starts to explode. Rexy goes away, then the second horde of dinosaurs  arrives chased by the fire.

The dinos chased by the Carnotaurus would be very reminiscent of that Disney's Dinosaur scene.

EDIT:

Just noticed there's a scene where Franklin and Claire are running not in the gyro and a fire falls from the sky. This scene just ruined my theory lol unless the herbivores at first run away both from Carno and eruption. Maybe the second eruption is much stronger.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 8:16 am

owenpratt wrote:

Just noticed there's a scene where Franklin and Claire are running not in the gyro and a fire falls from the sky. This scene just ruined my theory lol unless the herbivores at first run away both from Carno and eruption. Maybe the second eruption is much stronger.
Well, volcanoes don't just erupt once, so this is probably right.
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:02 am

The carnosaurus design looks absolutely fantastic! Among the best we've seen in the franchise.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:53 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Well, volcanoes don't just erupt once, so this is probably right.

The first eruption seems on a smaller scale. The Carnotaurus probably attack them when the things are temporarily calm.

Also, @Baryonyx11 , yes, the Carnotaurus design is wonderful, and its roar sounds awesome as well.

Back to top Go down
fallenkingdomLee
Embryo
Embryo
fallenkingdomLee

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:54 am

The trailer came out on Friday, I was expecting to see more than we got. There’s hardly anything to go by apart from the first few seconds which was calm and quite nicely edited but the final half, it made the film seem like “a disaster movie” people have claimed it to be; which it is NOT.

If many of you have seen the behind-the-scenes featurette you’d know the trailer shows only an hour if that of the film, people who say they gave away the film are just ignorant people who didn’t bother to watch the featurette. IMO The BTS glimpse WAS a way better representation of how the film will be; it did give small things away but it did what the trailer’s last few seconds did: make us hyped!
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 am

owenpratt wrote:

The first eruption seems on a smaller scale. The Carnotaurus probably attack them when the things are temporarily calm.

Also, @Baryonyx11 , yes, the Carnotaurus design is wonderful, and its roar sounds awesome as well.
Now I'm imagining a scene where we see the Carnotaurus burst through the jungles as the volcano begins to erupt in the background.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 am

So looks like FK trailer in 24 hours got more views than the JW trailer in the first 24 hours:

https://twitter.com/pedros_armando/status/939459603070423042

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 am

owenpratt wrote:
So looks like FK trailer in 24 hours got more views than the JW trailer in the first 24 hours:

That's good to know. Does he have a long-term statistic?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 12:45 pm

owenpratt wrote:

that's great! But how does he know that?
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 12:59 pm

owenpratt wrote:
So I just realized a thing.

There are moments of the dinosaurs stampede that don't feature fire coming from the sky.
My guess is... the first horde of herbivores (and little Compys) is running away from the Carnotaurus. Owen, Claire and Franklin runs until they find the gyrosphere. Claire and Franklin get into it. The Carnotaurus arrives. She attacks Owen but Rexy attacks the Carnotaurus. While she roars, you can see the volcano starts to explode. Rexy goes away, then the second horde of dinosaurs  arrives chased by the fire.

The dinos chased by the Carnotaurus would be very reminiscent of that Disney's Dinosaur scene.

EDIT:

Aha! It's like I've said, there's going to be more than one eruption, with the first being on a small scale and the second being massive. And maybe this explains why during the scene where the Carnotaurus attacks there's no logs to be seen, when there were just a scene earlier.

TBH, this trailer was very messy. But I still loved it. Laughing The Carnotaurus is beautiful. Razz

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:39 pm

I feel like someone should take the footage we have from the teasers, the trailer, and the feauturette, and make a fanmade trailer with that. Put actual JP music from the previous films behind, and I think it could be pretty exceptional.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I feel like someone should take the footage we have from the teasers, the trailer, and the feauturette, and make a fanmade trailer with that. Put actual JP music from the previous films behind, and I think it could be pretty exceptional.

Funny you mention that. I was just about to go and do just that!

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:07 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yes!!! That's awesome to hear! I would do it myself if I had the proper know-how to edit. Serious kudos to you, my friend!

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:10 pm

Guys, I can't believe how many people in the comments are saying "why go back?", "You can make more Dinos" or "Let them die, who cares?". So many people lacking any slither of sympathy for sentient life forms.

Like, what do you mean why go back? Are people really this heartless? Don't answer, I know the answer is yes. lol.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Yeah...unfortunately this world is full of heartless people. I just try to avoid the terrible netherworld that is the YouTube comment section. Razz

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yes!!! That's awesome to hear! I would do it myself if I had the proper know-how to edit. Serious kudos to you, my friend!

Thanks man! I'll try to make it today, but living in a family of 8 means there's usually always someone on the computer. Razz

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:05 pm

You know, I understand a lot of the criticisms of the trailer, in particular how the way it was put together makes the film look like a generic creature feature and all, but now I'm seeing articles criticizing the CGI as well.

Just...HOW?

I mean, I get it with the first trailer to JW, but...I mean....Come on!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
You know, I understand a lot of the criticisms of the trailer, in particular how the way it was put together makes the film look like a generic creature feature and all, but now I'm seeing articles criticizing the CGI as well.

Just...HOW?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I know, right??? The Carnotaurus especially looks like a real, living, solid creature.

Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Just...HOW?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Just ignore them. There are even multiple people who genuinely believe the 1993 CGI from the original JP is superior. I don't get it. People just hate modern CGI for the sake of hating.

Though, honestly, the original JP is still the king of dinosaur animation. I think maybe the absurdly fantastic animal movement in the film is what makes people view it so favorably compared to modern JP movies.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:17 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Guys, I can't believe how many people in the comments are saying "why go back?", "You can make more Dinos" or "Let them die, who cares?". So many people lacking any slither of sympathy for sentient life forms.

Like, what do you mean why go back? Are people really this heartless? Don't answer, I know the answer is yes. lol.
I am also shocked. They are pretty much Hoskins and Ludlow, I guess those characters are more realistic then I thought.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:19 pm

TyrannoFan wrote:
Though, honestly, the original JP is still the king of dinosaur animation. I think maybe the absurdly fantastic animal movement in the film is what makes people view it so favorably compared to modern JP movies.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I mean, you take the still frames from the original and compare them with the still frames from JW, and the detail on the CGI in JW is undoubtedly far superior.

Seeing them in motion however, is a different story.

But still, the CGI I've seen in this trailer is already miles ahead of some of the stuff in JW, and at the very least on par with the best CGI of today.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Because, as I told you guys, it's trendy to hate CGI just because it's CGI. If they told these scenes were made with animatronics, nobody would be saying shit.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Because, as I told you guys, it's trendy to hate CGI just because it's CGI. If they told these scenes were made with animatronics, nobody would be saying shit.

Exactly. People need something to be angry at or they feel incomplete.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Guys, is it me or....

Spoiler:

Alan and Ellie?

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 7:54 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Guys, is it me or....

Spoiler:

Alan and Ellie?
I think they would've been announced to increase the hype if they were in the film.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 pm

Well it fits in with the Sam Neill rumour. Anything’s possible.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:22 pm

Guys, not sure if this is relevant, but what happened to Derek Connolly's writing credit on Pacific Rim Uprising? Did he get kicked off?
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:36 pm

Pokesaurus wrote:
The more I've watched this trailer, the more I've realized one thing. Carnotaurus looks badass and I'm so happy its in this movie. It's one of the best designed dinosaurs we've gotten in years.

Absolutely. The CGI on the thing is also about as good as I could hope for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread
Page 14 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next