Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread

Go down 
+50
TheDreamMaster
IllOrfanato
Pachyrhinosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
Gondrasia
CommanderKeller
DinoMike
JPMalcolmDilo
fallenkingdomLee
Baryonyx111
evolution_rex
Megaspino2
Viperman
HoldOntoYourButts
bammc
iuJacob
Meroune
TyrannoFan
Amadieus
Crimsonraptor
Dead2009
Bbrink1996
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
sdp
CT-1138
mosasaurus
Cbaitson
tigris115
Levine
BarrytheOnyx
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
baryonyx7
1morey
Rhedosaurus
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
Six-Foot Turkey
Dr. Wu
owenpratt
TRK/TrexKing
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Spiegel
Megatron
Spinosaur4.4
BoulderFaceplant
Herrerasaurus
Pokesaurus
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

How excited has the first trailer footage made you?
Extremely hyped!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_lcap62%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 36 ]
Very excited!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_lcap17%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 10 ]
Looks good!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_lcap9%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
Looks okay.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Unimpressed.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Less excited than I was before.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_lcap5%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 58

Back

AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I think what's in the trailer looks amazing, I just think they did a bad trailer. I reckon the second trailer will be much better. And we know there is much more to the film than the stampede that was shown. Even the stampede is gonna be polished up by the time the film comes out. the trailer just lacked context, but that's not the film's fault.

I think that's the thing that's bothering me the most. Most of the people I find that are REALLY shitting on it are passing off the fact that we really didn't have any context...like at all. It was all just "OMG WHY INTRODUCE THE CARNO JUST TO IMMEDIATLELY KILL IT OFF!??!?!1" when for all we know the Carno may have been stalking the human protagonists for the entire first half of the film.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:57 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm just worried about my hype being sucked away is all.

Just watched the trailer again, and screw it, I'm still hyped.

It was actually kind of palate cleansing in a sense to scroll through all of the negativity and then watch the trailer again with that in mind. I had actually convinced myself by reading comments that the trailer was awful xD Then I watched it again and was like....Wait...this isn't awful at all! Poorly constructed trailer? Maybe, but I can't think of a scene that I wasn't at least intrigued by.

The trailer, arguably, wasn't very well put together. It gave the impression of a Michael Bay action flick by only showing the explosions and such, with very little dialogue.

But despite that, I loved everything I saw. (even if it hurt to see the Carnotaurus get pinned down by Rexy silent ) I really enjoyed the distorted dinosaur roars they used in the trailer as well.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:00 pm

The Carnotaurus roar is awesome.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:09 pm

It did seem pretty hastily put together, like they had a checklist and were just ticking off boxes.

Owen and Claire setup? Check.

Old park ruins shot? Check.

Herbivore shot? Check.

Owen and Blue scene? Check.

Epic T. Rex scene? Check.

Malcolm saying "Life finds a way"? Check.

Crazy final shot? Check.

It does sadden me to know that so many people are taking this as a reflection of the film, when we know from what we've seen and heard, that is isn't.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:48 pm

After watching the trailer 40 more times...I noticed Blue jumps onto an old JP tour vehicle when she surprises Owen....back to the old park it looks like!

Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It does sadden me to know that so many people are taking this as a reflection of the film, when we know from what we've seen and heard, that is isn't.

Yes exactly. Even though I guess I do enjoy watching the trailer, I know that other people are bound to get the wrong idea about the film and that's just unfortunate. I feel like it would really send Universal the wrong message if this movie ends up being much better than JW but doesn't earn as much.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:10 pm

The problem with any trailer also now for any 2018 movie is that it is instantly compared to the Infinity War Trailer also. Will I love both franchises I do feel people need to take off the MCU Goggles every once in a while.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:22 pm

TRK wrote:
The problem with any trailer also now for any 2018 movie is that it is instantly compared to the Infinity War Trailer also. Will I love both franchises I do feel people need to take off the MCU Goggles every once in a while.

I agree. I want this movie to do well in part, just to show the world that OTHER genres do exist. It's not that I'm getting sick and tired of superhero movies-I'm an MCU fan myself-but I just want more variety rather then the MCU being an overwhelming powerhouse that is only rivaled by Star Wars.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:28 pm

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/939172752296202252
WOW

General audience was at best lukewarm.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
After watching the trailer 40 more times...I noticed Blue jumps onto an old JP tour vehicle when she surprises Owen....back to the old park it looks like!

I noticed it's upside down. Is it perhaps the same tour vehicle that fell into the Rex pen in the first film?

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
WOW

That's disappointing. I guess people just want MCU films for the rest of eternity.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
You ever feel like your on top of the world, and then everything just crashes down? Kinda how I'm feeling about things right now. Not because of the trailer...I thought it was decent....not perfect, but not the shitstain some people seem to think it is....but because of the response to the trailer.

I have this weird habit of letting negativity get to me. I realize I shouldn't. It's not healthy, it's not good, but it's there. I think I'ma opt out for a while and just try to enjoy it on my own.
Oh man i am totally the same way. After the BTS video i was so hyped but the negativity of the official trailer has made me feel a bit low, like its bothering me way more than it should. Its frustrating since that trailer is all they are going to see and they have no idea about the BTS video. But like people have said, i have faith in Bayona
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
WOW

This really makes me angry. Everybody seems to think that this trailer shows the whole plot. Boy will they be angry when they realize there's much more than just this. Evil Plan I just hope people will change their mind when the second trailer rolls around.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
WOW

I wish I can say I was surprised. But I can't. JW is still fairly divisive for some people, and that counts many die-hard fans. The fact that a few months before JW came out, that Trevorrow implied that that the first 2 sequels weren't canon anymore and then backtracked a few days later, not to mention how JW barely referenced any mention of the Sorna movie, really upset many fans.

And, let's throw in the elephant that is Infinity War, and you have something that needed to be a grand slam by fans AND the GA. it worked for fans, but not the GA.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:05 pm

I was extremely excited for Jurassic World until the first trailer for that one, and I was sort of nervously saying 'ehh I don't know, it could be good' and when it came out I was disappointed and kind of just disillusioned with what Universal was doing. So, with Fallen Kingdom, I just was not that interested at first.

But damn I'm actually excited. My standard is that if it's better than Jurassic World then it's good enough for me, and it looks far, far better. I could be wrong, but I am hyped and that is surprising. It looks like a real Jurassic Park movie this time. And, boy, all those dinosaurs. It looks like what I've been asking for for such a long, long time.

I can see why people aren't excited though. Jurassic World just wasn't that good, and it's the same guy producing and writing and there's a good chance it's going to be similar. But I do hope reviews are good and word of mouth makes this one successful because I honestly feel like it deserves it. So far, at least.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:16 pm

Someone said they saw the Mosasaurus at the end of the trailer where everything was falling into the water and...I didnt see it.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:22 pm

GUYS

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3473790/sam-neill-rumored-return-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom/

OMG

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:33 pm

That would be a nice touch.

I am confused though. To me it sounds like that Malcolm is testifying against the Animals protection?

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:41 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
GUYS

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3473790/sam-neill-rumored-return-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom/

OMG

If this happens, then between this and Malcolm, we're sure to get at least one Isla Sorna reference from each of them.

Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 6:49 pm

While the amount of negativity online towards Fallen Kingdom is disheartening, I doubt it'll have any affect on its box office. Jurassic World also had a lot of negativity surrounding it before release and it still ended up being incredibly successful.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Guys, for the stampede scene, notice how there is a big tree behind the gyrosphere. then look at the T-Rex Carnotaurus scene. there's no tree. I think this has been cut together to look like the Carnotaurus was part of the stampede, but it looks like it's actually a separate scene spliced together. I think the eruption happens as soon as the T-Rex roars and that's when the stampede begins to happen!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Guys, for the stampede scene, notice how there is a big tree behind the gyrosphere. then look at the T-Rex Carnotaurus scene. there's no tree. I think this has been cut together to look like the Carnotaurus was part of the stampede, but it looks like it's actually a separate scene spliced together. I think the eruption happens as soon as the T-Rex roars and that's when the stampede begins to happen!

But Justice and BDH are in the gyro right here in the scene with Carno aren't they?

Yet we see Owen yelling run at them as if he was off doing his own thing far away later?

I am confused lol. Looking forward to seeing how this whole Volcano sequence is explained in regards to Carno and Rexy actually stopping to care about food.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:40 pm

>He yells run as the stampede starts out of the woods
>They hide behind the log and the Gyrosphere as the dinos start to run past them
>They get into the Gyrosphere as the Carnotaurus spots them

That's how it's probably playing out.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 pm

It's weird that the reception to this is worse than the first JW trailer, because if you look at the YouTube like/dislike ratio, it actually has better reception compared to JW.

Speaking of YouTube, does anyone know how many views the first JW trailer had during the first 24 hours? I'm getting increasingly paranoid over some people saying that the trailer views are low, which would translate to poor box office performance. Especially the ones comparing it to Infinity War. pale

Also, it would be nice to have that data regardless of the situation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
>They hide behind the log and the Gyrosphere as the dinos start to run past them

But where did the tree go?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:46 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
It's weird that the reception to this is worse than the first JW trailer, because if you look at the YouTube like/dislike ratio, it actually has better reception compared to JW.

Speaking of YouTube, does anyone know how many views the first JW trailer had during the first 24 hours? I'm getting increasingly paranoid over some people saying that the trailer views are low, which would translate to poor box office performance. Especially the ones comparing it to Infinity War. pale

Also, it would be nice to have that data regardless of the situation. Very Happy

wait, are you saying the reception is better or worse than the jw trailer?
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
V.a.nublarensis wrote:

wait, are you saying the reception is better or worse than the jw trailer?
Based on people's comments, it's worse. Based on the like/dislike ratio, it's better.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

But where did the tree go?

That's weird. They might be further down the hill when the Carnotaurus attacks, maybe.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BRACHIOSAURUS IS BACK!!!! cheers cheers cheers

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!! Ooooh Right! Brachiosaurus was my favorite herbivore as a kid, and still is! I'm so happy to see her back!

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Spoiler:
To be fair, it's very realistic for a larger predator to bully and attack a smaller one where prey is involved. It happens all day every day in the African savannah.

Dead2009 wrote:
This movie is going to be amazing!!!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Im going to post this here even though I also posted it in the general news thread. It's my thoughts on the trailer now that I've had time to think.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next